• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Little Busters! 2
lb2.jpg

if i ever find out that i've been living my life in a jun maeda original creation then i will seriously kill myself in the most melodramatically way possible

anyways, this episode wasn't any better than the first one. the humor's still as forced and unfunny as the first episode but at least it looks overall better than angel beats! in that it doesnt want to make me gouge out my eyes so i guess that's an improvement. the dude struggling with
narcolepsy
felt really overplayed for drama but that's key for you. all in all, i give this a:

Lain

From The New World 3

This keeps being great. The more light-hearted episode helped a lot after the previous two, making the mood more relaxed.
The dates still confuse me a bit, but I'm more interested in what they'll find in the next episode and how Maria will fit into some ominous event as it was hinted at in episode 2.

Uchip

Banned
And why you comfortable with S;G?

because its not a comedy based specifically on that theme? I already said this...
its one character doing it, and hes not portrayed as a kid having anime delusions, he seems genuinely eccentric.
and you're left wondering if hes actually right the whole time

on the contrary, the characters in chuunibyou will never be dark flame masters etc
its just an empty concept

Sword Art Online 15
Garbage. This was worse than any of the awful real world drama in Accel World, and SOA doesn't even have the accelerated world action scenes to make up for this sort of shit. Between Noumi and Sugou, Kawahara sure likes to take inspiration from NTR hentai.

Emitan

After being a junior member for three months it's kind of weird right now being a full member. I guess the next step is to work towards a tag or something.

"Working towards" a tag seems kind of dumb. I'm sure I will get one that has to do with my style of content of posts eventually.

Or I'll get banned

Jarmel

Banned
Sword Art Online 15
Garbage. This was worse than any of the awful real world drama in Accel World, and SOA doesn't even have the accelerated world action scenes to make up for this sort of shit. Between Noumi and Sugou, Kawahara sure likes to take inspiration from NTR hentai.

Fuck it, I'm enjoying the hell out of this. I want all those delicious tears. ALL OF THEM.

Kawahara probably lost a girlfriend to some nice guy and now writes his tragedy in fiction.

fertygo

Wonzo's LB post is more interesting than the anime itself.
because its not a comedy based specifically on that theme? I already said this...
its one character doing it, and hes not portrayed as a kid having anime delusions, he seems genuinely eccentric.

Dude quoting a lot of game and anime >_>

Like I said.. if its just making fun of hipster S;G also.. ah forget it we're going on circle.

Nafe

"Working towards" a tag seems kind of dumb. I'm sure I will get one that has to do with my style of content of posts eventually.

Or I'll get banned

You have to be some amount crazy to do so.

Well, I guess I didn't mean it quite that way. I'm not going to go out of my way looking for one anyway. If it happens it happens, I personally don't mind if I never get one.

Uchip

Banned
Wonzo's LB post is more interesting than the anime itself.

Dude quoting a lot of game and anime >_>

Like I said.. if its just making fun of hipster S;G also.. ah forget it we're going on circle.

im genuinely confused that someone can even relate the two shows

"The Flowers of Evil" Anime Adaptation to be Handled by Studio ZEXCS
Anime adaptation to be a more liberal adaptation of manga according to director

The news from Granada, Spain's FicZone convention doesn't stop, as Spanish anime site Deculture sat down with anime director Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushi-shi) to talk about the director's past and future projects. During the interview, the site was able to confirm some new information regarding the forthcoming anime adaptation of the Aku no Hana manga, currently published in the US as The Flowers of Evil by Vertical Inc.

According to the director, animation studio ZEXCS of Sister Princess fame will be handling the animation production while the adaptation will be more liberal than what the director normally works on for anime adaptations of manga, having a preference for faithful adaptations to the source material. Nagahama went on to specify that the character designs will deliberately stray from the manga's character designs, as an example of the changes that will be made for the anime adaptation.

Lastly, the director also confirmed that the adaptation will be his last as an anime director, and that the adaptation is in the last stages of being officially confirmed, with one more contract needing to be signed before work can officially begin.

Now that we know more of how The Flowers of Evil will be handled for its transition to anime, anyone excited to see how it will turn out? As someone that's currently reading the manga, I highly recommend it, especially if you enjoy darker manga series.​

Don't know how to feel about this. :(

Sad to hear this'll be Nagahama's last work as director; I wish him well. However this adaptation turns out, he'll always have a special place in my heart for Mushi-shi.

Syrinx

Okay, let's see how this goes.

From The New World 1

I was very intrigued by the opening to this series. I don't have much experience with dark, surreal anime like this one, but I have to say I'm interested.

I love the art style and the use of twilight-esque colors. It perfectly matches the mood of the show.

One thing I need clearing up:
So spirits visit these kids which means they "graduate". and go to Unified Class. But they still have their old classmates? Or did Reiko vanish after having already graduated and she just wasn't strong enough?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
After being a junior member for three months it's kind of weird right now being a full member. I guess the next step is to work towards a tag or something.

It seems to be fairly hard to get a tag in AnimeGAF these days. Pretty much every variety of crazy has been played out by someone already, so it's hard for newcomers to outshine the veterans.

No harm in striving to be bigger, stronger, crazier, though. Just look at Envelope--he's been here less than a year and he's already had three or four tags, each dirtier or more insulting than the last! Not that you actually want to earn a tag that way, so I offer my humble suggestion to the mods:

Nafe
Preemptively tagged to discourage bad behavior

Emitan

I remember hearing years ago animegaf is where you go to get tags. The fact that Chet Rippo doesn't have a tag yet means this is no longer the case.

fertygo

im genuinely confused that someone can even relate the two shows

You start it again, Chuunibyou playing big part in both.. Hell even Okabe saying about that,
"this isn't Chuunibyou thing!" to convince himself at that D-Mail from future, knowing his own tendency

I'm more confused why you refuse this.

You guys remember that newspaper that Keita was reading in episode 3 of SAO? Well, it seems like BT translated it. It's really cool actually considering the easter eggs and stuff.
Cool stuff indeed..

to think that there were players playing by gathering informations too ..( could be a nice spin-off to make)

The idea of building a giant robot and having it compete with other robots sounds boring?
I seriously think many have misundertood the premise of robotic notes ..
So, how long until you play the incredible VN?
Considering the anime is a best compilation of the bad end events of the Vns ..Imagine my surprise when i realised that there was good endings and normal paths in it .!!!

Rinne no Lagrange - First 7 Minutes of Episode 1
Literally the greatest anime of all time. The writing is incredible, the pacing is perfect, the character's are incredibly deep and believable, the visuals are impeccable and the art style is the very definition of unique. I really cannot believe I have seen something so great in my life time.

Solid 10/10. I could die right now and I would have no regrets after watching this.

Simply amazing. It's literally perfect in every way.

WAT .

i mean .. WHAT ?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online is the best of the 3, but Tsuritama isn't bad. Depends on what you're looking for.

Oh shit. Shots fired.

On another note, I see that the stupid gif I posted on IRC has infected the thread. Fuck. It's like I'm feeding ammo to the losing team so they'll put up a fight. Despite it being a losing one. Hm.....

I seriously think many have misundertood the premise of robotic notes ..

It's from the same series as Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate, there is going to be a conspiracy and the world will probably be at stake. It's not going to be some slice of life show about a club building a mecha. At least I'd be pretty surprised if that was the case.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The idea of building a giant robot and having it compete with other robots sounds boring?

Only because I feel like I've seen that basic premise quite a bit. I dunno... perhaps it's not the content but the presentation?

Metrotab

Banned
Looks like I'll simply have to post with vigorous fervor!

Thinking of starting Yuri Yuri, never got around to watching it even though it grasped my attention. Apparently the second season won the award of Best Anime of 2011, or something.

fertygo

Wait that's from the prologue... shiet.
It's from the same series as Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate, there is going to be a conspiracy and the world will probably be at stake. It's not going to be some slice of life show about a club building a mecha. At least I'd be shocked if that was the case.

Well I think the atmosphere will be more laidback tho..

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Thinking of starting Yuri Yuri, never got around to watching it even though it grasped my attention. Apparently the second season won the award of Best Anime of 2011, or something.

Do it. You won't regret it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

The second season was aired in 2012 though. It's funny and stuff, worth trying out.

Westlo

It won the 17th Animation Kobe award for TV series, no idea how.

From The New World 1

One thing I need clearing up:
So spirits visit these kids which means they "graduate". and go to Unified Class. But they still have their old classmates? Or did Reiko vanish after having already graduated and she just wasn't strong enough?

Okay, let me see if I can make this clear.
First, the translation I watched used "Harmony School" for the lower school and "Sage Academy" for the higher school. You're in Harmony School until you get a Spirit of Blessing - presumably that's the awakening of your psychic powers - and are able to graduate, or until time runs out and the Board of Education does... something and you are unable to graduate. Saki was apparently the last of her classmates to graduate. Reiko had graduated, but her psychic powers were either weak to begin with or had weakened, and thus she vanished to an as of yet unknown fate.

Does that make sense?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
First, the translation I watched used "Harmony School" for the lower school and "Sage Academy" for the higher school. You're in Harmony School until you get a Spirit of Blessing - presumably that's the awakening of your psychic powers - and are able to graduate, or until time runs out and the Board of Education does... something and you are unable to graduate. Saki was apparently the last of her classmates to graduate. Reiko had graduated, but her psychic powers were either weak to begin with or had weakened, and thus she vanished to an as of yet unknown fate.

Does that make sense?

I'm afraid to read those spoilers beucause I really don't want to be spoiled for what happens in the future...

Syrinx

Does that make sense?

Okay, I think I get it better now. Thanks!

Off to watch Ep. 2.

Kazzy

It won the 17th Animation Kobe award for TV series, no idea how.

Because it was good? It can get a little repetitive (although I watched both series concurrently), but its a genuinely well-crafted show. Its fun.

They did extremely well with what they had. I looked at the manga afterwards, and it wasn't good.

Uchip

Banned
You start it again, Chuunibyou playing big part in both.. Hell even Okabe saying about that,
"this isn't Chuunibyou thing!" to convince himself at that D-Mail from future, knowing his own tendency

I'm more confused why you refuse this.

because you're equating a characters trait to an entire theme
obviously.

"The Flowers of Evil" Anime Adaptation to be Handled by Studio ZEXCS
Anime adaptation to be a more liberal adaptation of manga according to director

The news from Granada, Spain's FicZone convention doesn't stop, as Spanish anime site Deculture sat down with anime director Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushi-shi) to talk about the director's past and future projects. During the interview, the site was able to confirm some new information regarding the forthcoming anime adaptation of the Aku no Hana manga, currently published in the US as The Flowers of Evil by Vertical Inc.

According to the director, animation studio ZEXCS of Sister Princess fame will be handling the animation production while the adaptation will be more liberal than what the director normally works on for anime adaptations of manga, having a preference for faithful adaptations to the source material. Nagahama went on to specify that the character designs will deliberately stray from the manga's character designs, as an example of the changes that will be made for the anime adaptation.

Lastly, the director also confirmed that the adaptation will be his last as an anime director, and that the adaptation is in the last stages of being officially confirmed, with one more contract needing to be signed before work can officially begin.

Now that we know more of how The Flowers of Evil will be handled for its transition to anime, anyone excited to see how it will turn out? As someone that's currently reading the manga, I highly recommend it, especially if you enjoy darker manga series.​

Don't know how to feel about this. :(

Yeah, I don't want the guy artsying it up like Mushishi or anything. Faithful would probably be best here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom