• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

I seriously think many have misundertood the premise of robotic notes ..

Well, based on the little bit that happens at the very beginning and that little bit at the end of the episode, I imagine the story on the whole will escalate. Even though it has no relations to Steins;Gate or Chaos;Head both of those stories there were by 5pb and things became more grander scale in each of them. I was meaning more of what was presented in the first episode since we don't quite know yet what will happen. Even just focusing on robot competitions, that doesn't sound like it would be too boring either if that's all it was.

It seems to be fairly hard to get a tag in AnimeGAF these days. Pretty much every variety of crazy has been played out by someone already, so it's hard for newcomers to outshine the veterans.

No harm in striving to be bigger, stronger, crazier, though. Just look at Envelope--he's been here less than a year and he's already had three or four tags, each dirtier or more insulting than the last! Not that you actually want to earn a tag that way, so I offer my humble suggestion to the mods:

Nafe
Preemptively tagged to discourage bad behavior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8DXE5Sx5m8

fertygo

im sorry but you're going to have to come back when you actually speak english rather than using babelfish because you're not making much sense.

Dude its not like you use much better english than me. Hell its harder to read than my crappy english >_>

It's funny, because I'm still not even sure what you're upset about. Chuu2 not being about schizophrenia or something?

He's saying that chuu2 and Steins;Gate aren't very similar and that there's no contradiction in disliking Chuu2 for its premise and liking Steins;Gate. I don't think that's an unreasonable position.

It's from the same series as Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate, there is going to be a conspiracy and the world will probably be at stake. It's not going to be some slice of life show about a club building a mecha. At least I'd be pretty surprised if that was the case.
I'll be as evasive as possible given that i've already finished the VN..
but you do realise what the first minutes of the anime were , right ?
You're right this is not a slice of life kind of show .. but some things are set in stone from the start ..
Is there something you would like to say?
notsureifserious.gif
youcantbeserious.gif

-------
Sword art Online - 15
CRkNvl.jpg

Gigantic a**h*le of the show confirmed

Nice episode for a transition...
The sister is as expected a good character and they adapted the transition well ...now the fairy dance arc can trully start...

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne 01
JchgM.png

I realized I hated this about halfway through but it's far too late to turn back now because the incest sucked me back in and now I'm interested. Eyepatch is the best chick.

I'll be as evasive as possible given that i've already finished the VN..
but you do realise what the first minutes of the anime were , right ?
You're right this is not a slice of life kind of show .. but some things are set in stone from the start ..

Well, you're being too evasive for me to parse anything out of this. Are my expectations for the show way off?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne 01
JchgM.png

I realized I hated this about halfway through but it's far too late to turn back now because the incest sucked me back in and now I'm interested. Eyepatch is the best chick.

Looks like I have yet another reason to watch this show <_<

Thanks for the heads up
Vita
bro

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Then great !! far from me to judge others , if you are serious i'll then wait for the rest of your impressions while you watch the rest :p

But the first seven minutes were so perfect that I don't need to watch the rest!

Time to drop the (bad) act though (It was fun!), I have no real opinion on the show yet. I just wanted something to watch that wasn't completely depressing while I ate some dinner. Still haven't even completed the first episode.

All that aside, Lan is nice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sword Art Online continues its trend of being the worst fucking anime ever made. Congrats!

(The Tomb Raider people should watch this show so they can incorporate more PROTECTIVE URGES into their game).

Well, you're being too evasive for me to parse anything out of this. Are my expectations for the show way off?

Will send PM soon
But the first seven minutes were so perfect that I don't need to watch the rest!

Time to drop the (bad) act though (It was fun!), I have no real opinion on the show yet. I just wanted something to watch that wasn't completely depressing while I ate some dinner. Still haven't even completed the first episode.

Wan

Nafe

I remember hearing years ago animegaf is where you go to get tags. The fact that Chet Rippo doesn't have a tag yet means this is no longer the case.

Yeah, I remember different ones saying that as well just last year or maybe even earlier this year. I also wanted to clarify that when I said about getting a tag, I just meant it was the "next step" here at Neogaf after Junior to Member status. I had no plans to do any "Tag Fishing" as people call it.

On another note, I see that the stupid gif I posted on IRC has infected the thread. It's like I'm feeding ammo to the losing team so they'll put up a fight. Despite it being a losing one. Hm.....

Yeah, sorry about that. I just wanted to use that Kamen Rider Wizard gif of Haruto after seeing last weeks episode. It was a pretty funny episode I thought, seeing that scene and another with Haruto waving and calling "Manami-san!" Haha.

I'm not watching SOA but actually went and checked and that gif is way out of context too. That girl gets up out of bed with the camera zoomed in on her bust and that's it.

The first season is really good. I haven't gotten around to watching the second season past the first two episodes, but I'm sure it isn't as bad as some have made it out to be.
Sword Art Online continues its trend of being the worst fucking anime ever made. Congrats!

(The Tomb Raider people should watch this show so they can incorporate more PROTECTIVE URGES into their game).
Has it returned to being violently offensive rather than just bad?

Syrinx

From The New World 2

The scene at the beginning was pretty intense and I'm looking forward to seeing how it relates to the show. I also really like the use of folklore and flashbacks in the storytelling.

I'm not entirely sure what the rules to that game they were playing were, That cheating kid had a pretty ominous vibe about him. I feel like this won't be the last time we see him, even though he vanished.

The scene with the monster rats was great. Their creepy looking things, but apparently they worship Saki now that she saved one of their lives. That flashback scene with Saki and her father gives them an ominous feel as well,

Said it before, but I feel it bears repeating: this show is fucking GORGEOUS. Can't wait to see what they'll pull off as the show goes on.

Maedhros

Touche.

All this SAO hate makes me sad. It's so one sided. I need a nakama....

Also on another note

Just learn to ignore. It's hard, but it's better than put 90% of the members of the thread on the ignore list. lol

Yeah. SAO came before AW. It's funny cuz I call Sugou Noumi 2.0 when in reality Noumi is Sugou 2.0.

Nomi is much better vilain than Sugou can possibly want to be.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait until we enter the Land of Fairies!
Excuse me, but it's called A Song of Ice and Fire not Game of Thrones!

Angel Beats is hard to top.
No way, Angel Beats is nowhere near as offensive as this show. Angel Beats is just bad.

Yes, yes!

Your pain is my pleasure.
I hate you. :(

Eagerly awaiting detailed impressions.
Has it returned to being violently offensive rather than just bad?
So not only does it add the I WANT TO FUCK MY BROTHER character, but the idea of this evil raper dude who wants to fuck Asuna and is controlling her body in the real world is probably the laziest, most sickening thing outside of hentai.

This is White Knight Chronicles taken to the next level, where women are not only objects to be coveted, but to be protected from people who don't appreciate their value as objects. Seriously, this show makes the dumb-as-nails women that Sorkin wrote for The Newsroom look like great, three-dimensional characters with depth and character.

I mean, most harem shows are just dumb fantasies that are harmful, but benignly so. For example, Hayate is literally about a dude who protects waifus. But when I watch Hayate, I don't feel like this is what the show thinks about the relationship between men and women. Sword Art Online, on the other hand, is like watching one of those Happy Science animes where you feel so much wahjah just watching a representation of an insane ideology that the author believes in and that its fans presumably believe in.

So not only does it add the I WANT TO FUCK MY BROTHER character, but the idea of this evil raper dude who wants to fuck Asuna and is controlling her body in the real world is probably the laziest, most sickening thing outside of hentai.

This is White Knight Chronicles taken to the next level, where women are not only objects to be coveted, but to be protected from people who don't appreciate their value as objects. Seriously, this show makes the dumb-as-nails women that Sorkin wrote for The Newsroom look like great, three-dimensional characters with depth and character.

I mean, most harem shows are just dumb fantasies that are harmful, but benignly so. For example, Hayate is literally about a dude who protects waifus. But when I watch Hayate, I don't feel like this is what the show thinks about the relationship between men and women. Sword Art Online, on the other hand, is like watching one of those Happy Science animes where you feel so much wahjah just watching a representation of an insane ideology that the author believes in and that its fans presumably believe in.

Remember when people were arguing whether Asuna was a strong/competent female character? Well,
now she's literally been reduced to a helpless object for Kirito to protect! She has no agency, and now even her father and Sugo are trading her around like an object.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom