• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

ITT: we see tomat's cyclopean fetishes come to light

Because 500 years from now, people will be reading Sword Art Online in schools around the world!
You know it's coming.

I'm the guy with the bible screaming on the street corner? lol
Probably not what pierrot meant, but bums approaching your car with windshield wipers in hand are one of the more unwanted facets of life associated with driving. I always just wish they stood in the corner and begged for change instead of guilt-tripping me into slipping a bill to them. And if you don't give anything they might make a scary hobo face at you or bang on the hood of the car as you try to drive off.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That's what they said about Shakespeare.

Your mention of Happy Science reminded me of this though:

Hey, man, stadiums are where the magic happens. Would anyone seriously rather see guys running around a track than this?

BnL0Ol.jpg

To love ru Darkness 2

Sometimes it's hard to believe that Momo started out as a side character sister of the female lead to add to the dynamic of the main 3 rather than be fleshed out herself. Now, she's the best character that passed both female leads and arguably even the male lead in plot importance.

I'm liking how they're handling some of the more serious scenes. Real sense of impact there. Love Mea's serious eyes.

Rito was being even more of a little bitch than he is in the manga.
Pushing away an advance is one thing, but trembling in an almost fetal position is another, lol.

And here's the beam of the week:

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I would watch that if she really was a cyclops.

Her name would be Polly Phemus, and it would be a show about her brutally killing an eating every girl that makes a move on her brother. Greatest anime of all the times.

Probably not what pierrot meant, but bums approaching your car with windshield wipers in hand are one of the more unwanted facets of life associated with driving. I always just wish they stood in the corner and begged for change instead of guilt-tripping me into slipping a bill to them. And if you don't give anything they might make a scary hobo face at you or bang on the hood of the car as you try to drive off.

Yeah, it was meant as an analogy for firehawk providing an unsolicited service, hahah. Also because firehawk is almost certainly a hobo with a long scraggly beard in real life. Canada and all that.

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art now offline 15

Ok so I watched it with my roommates because Im a masochist and obviously hate myself.
Honestly this episode wasnt that bad. I do appreciate that they finally decided to show life in the real world dealing with the people stuck in the game. Imouto is best real girl until I see Lisbeth IRL (if she survived). She actually is the best imouto this season, although thats not at all difficult to accomplish. Also appreciated that Gary St- I mean Kirito - didnt instantly have sword skillz IRL like he did in the game. Also theres that other part, which kind of made me laugh a bit, even though the guy is a total bastard. Kudos to the writer for almost salvaging this show. Lets see where it goes from here.

im sorry but you're going to have to come back when you actually speak english rather than using babelfish because you're not making much sense.

BAD KITTEN!

Wait until you see the transition to the ED. I watched it like 20 times :(

Yeah that was really slick and kind of hyped me up for the next episode.
I didn't expect to enjoy Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as much as I am.

Kashikomari~!

Sorry, but its no MARU or WAN.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't drive, so I never had this experience. lol

"10 things we'd like to see in the next firehawk12 post."
"10 things firehawk12 could learn from Dedication Through Light."
No offense, DTL!
Edit: Not only was I beaten to it, I forgot what it was called! .__.
Each point on a separate page, to maximize click-throughs!

Narag

Kaiji 11

I don't think I could handle being trasported like Kaiji was. Just watching it was enough to make me uncomfortable. The game itself is pretty depraved though.

Nafe

Well I ended up ordering Steins;Gate before it disappears from the online stores too.
Yesterday I knew of three copies of the show in town and I went back today and all three are gone. Either a group of fans bought it out or there be shenanigans.

This order ended up being:

Detroit Metal city - AWESOME
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee - adorable
Fantastic Children - Cause its Nafe/ducky approved
Haruhi Season 2 - because I hate myself
Shangri La part 2 - its not as bad as people here were saying. Kind of enjoy it.
Steins;Gate - because TUTURU~

Had that sucker sent 2nd day air so hopefully I get it by Wednesday since it wont ship out till Monday. I hate waiting ;_;

Oh, nice, you bought Fantastic Children. I think you'll really like the show and the characters.

Actually, for anyone who's enjoying Shin Sekai Yori or From the New World, you might want to check out Fantastic Children as well as it starts out with presenting this very mysterious story with a lot of questions that slowly gets unraveled too. I think a lot of people would like it if they gave it a chance.

But the first seven minutes were so perfect that I don't need to watch the rest!

Time to drop the (bad) act though (It was fun!), I have no real opinion on the show yet. I just wanted something to watch that wasn't completely depressing while I ate some dinner. Still haven't even completed the first episode.

All that aside, Lan is nice.

I actually quite liked the first episode of Rinne no Lagrange. Sans some of the unnecessary fan service anyway. I'm one of the ones who thinks it went down hill later though.

Out of curiosity, are you still watching Horizon? If you are, I was just wondering what episode you were at or how far you were.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You don't drive? where do you live?
I remember when I first drove I was so nervous, but now its like nothing. Couldnt imagine life without driving.
I take the bus or walk. Cars can be convenient, but at the moment I don't see the need for one. That's not even mentioning the cost of owning and maintaining a car.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2
ibffyXMERnnXqH.gif

Even though I felt this episode was a bit weaker than the first, it was still so much fun to watch. I never have this much fun watching anime, where I'm actually fully invested in what's going on and can't help but say/scream/laugh at things that happen. And to tell you the truth, it's making me want to actually watch more anime, which I NEVER feel like doing. The use of Roundabout at the end was astounding. Cannot wait for next week. And as I said earlier, the opening is FABULOUS.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I actually quite liked the first episode of Rinne no Lagrange. Sans some of the unnecessary fan service anyway. I'm one of the ones who thinks it went down hill later though.

Out of curiosity, are you still watching Horizon? If you are, I was just wondering what episode you were at or how far you were.
Oh shit, I forgot you're the Horizon guy! Didn't recognize you after the avatar change.

I still plan on completing Horizon, but I haven't watched it in a little while. I left off on episode 6 of season 1.

Mature

ehh.. no why? I read the first few chapters then droped it, this is worse then I remember the manga being.
Seems like people who didn't enjoy the source material (was it a manga?) enjoy the pace of the anime. So it might stand to reason that someone who liked the manga, might not like the show.

But since you don't, it doesn't really matter anyway.

OceanBlue

I watched all of Horizon S1 yesterday. Was pretty fun, although every scene was loaded with so much that it didn't really seem like much happened overall. Did they only animate one novel or something? I guess I'll start S2 tomorrow.

Mature

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2
ibffyXMERnnXqH.gif

Even though I felt this episode was a bit weaker than the first, it was still so much fun to watch. I never have this much fun watching anime, where I'm actually fully invested in what's going on and can't help but say/scream/laugh at things that happen. And to tell you the truth, it's making me want to actually watch more anime, which I NEVER feel like doing. The use of roundabout at the end was astounding. Cannot wait for next week. And as I said earlier, the opening is FABULOUS.
I've always liked when a show can lead into it's ED seamlessly. I remember Jellyfish Princess doing that to great effect.

cajunator

Banned
I take the bus or walk. Cars can be convenient, but at the moment I don't see the need for one. That's not even mentioning the cost of owning and maintaining a car.

I can understand maintenance costs but...what about if you want to visit relatives or vacation somewhere? I suppose down here a car is more important because of hurricane evacuations and floods. Man, I just dont know how you do it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can understand maintenance costs but...what about if you want to visit relatives or vacation somewhere? I suppose down here a car is more important because of hurricane evacuations and floods. Man, I just dont know how you do it.
Well, I keep hearing from Americans about how you guys don't have public transit so that's probably the big difference. lol

cajunator

Banned
Well, I keep hearing from Americans about how you guys don't have public transit so that's probably the big difference. lol

well, my city has plenty of buses, but everything is way spread out.
Cant build underground because it floods. Cant build rail, too expensive. Really its just a no-win situation.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
well, my city has plenty of buses, but everything is way spread out.
Cant build underground because it floods. Cant build rail, too expensive. Really its just a no-win situation.
They could pull an Ottawa - make a bus-only highway system in lieu of a rail system.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Everyone in AnimeGAF needs to just get along and stop hating each other.

Cwarrior

Seems like people who didn't enjoy the source material (was it a manga?) enjoy the pace of the anime. So it might stand to reason that someone who liked the manga, might not like the show.

But since you don't, it doesn't really matter anyway.

That's odd, they added a ton of pointless monologueing/scenes to bog down the pacing and in the manga it gets started right away with none of the pointless scenes like random no name goons appear to beat up the protag, the grave scene happens in matter of a few pages.

I call shenanigans/bs it's just that animegaf really likes ando or whoever's making it.

cjkeats

Speaking of driving, I have to go on a 8 hour drive tomorrow back to civilization. I have to get up at 6am, but I only have 3 episodes of Toradora left and it's already 1:30am.

ughhhhh. dammit anime, why you gotta do this to me.

Man... if you search for "Roundabout" on youtube pretty much all the relevant video comments have to do with Jojo.

Jojo's confirmed for secret savior of animethis season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom