• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Space Brothers 27
4EdlJ.gif
Warming up to Apo. That was also the best depiction of the Zidane headbutt I've seen in fiction. Does anyone have a gif of it?

I don't like the new ED and OP. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I know and I don't think I will ever get to always expecting these endings. At least they always leave me feeling all warm and fuzzy~
I think it's because there's a nice break between the serious arcs that they don't overstay their welcome.

That said, the ending of the Four Divas arc, which you will probably reach in a year or so (lol) makes me cry every time, even though I know exactly what will happen and how it will resolve itself. They just manage to wrap up these arcs so well.

Articalys

Biglobe's Anime Rankings asked female fans which female character aggravates them most and male fans which male character annoys them most.
Female Poll (17,764 total votes)

1. Bleach's Inoue Orihime
2. Gintama's Tsukuyo
3. Haruhi Suzumiya
4. Sword Art Online's Asuna
[rest of the list]
Male Poll (9371 total votes)

1. School Days' Makoto Itou
2. Accel World's Haruyuki Arita
3. Sword Art Online's Kirito
[rest of the list]
At least now I know for sure you people aren't the only ones.

Lain

Sword Art Online 1

The last few posts about SAO pushed me over the edge and I decided it was time to start watching this even if I was waiting for the show to end before doing so.
Well, the first episode was pretty good. Not much action but it flowed well between a bit of a look on the game's gameplay and some exposition about the going ons from crazy creator.
When will Asuna join the cast?

wonzo

Banned
HxH 2011 51

*standing ovation*

This remake has well and truly surpassed the original run with this spectacular episode. I never would've guessed it after the rather tepid start but... damn. Next episode's gonna be that fight so I hope y'all are ready.

I think it's because there's a nice break between the serious arcs that they don't overstay their welcome.

That said, the ending of the Four Divas arc, which you will probably reach in a year or so (lol) makes me cry every time, even though I know exactly what will happen and how it will resolve itself. They just manage to wrap up these arcs so well.

If I actually drop some shows, I can maybe be caught up
Oh who am I kidding. Yeah, probably in a year.

They hate Haru more than Kirito. Sure, I'll take that.

yami4ct

A lot of great choices on that list. Love seeing Jesus Yamato, Shin and Lelouch all make the list. Orihime being so high on the females is interesting. Sure she's bad, but she isn't as actively hatable as some female characters. I mean, she's an awful character but she doesn't actively work against the hero at least. Also, no Gundam SEED's Flay is particularly annoying. One of the worst females ever put to screen.

Dresden

Sword Art Online 1

The last few posts about SAO pushed me over the edge and I decided it was time to start watching this even if I was waiting for the show to end before doing so.
Well, the first episode was pretty good. Not much action but it flowed well between a bit of a look on the game's gameplay and some exposition about the going ons from crazy creator.
When will Asuna join the cast?

She'll appear in ep2.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
A lot of great choices on that list. Love seeing Jesus Yamato, Shin and Lelouch all make the list. Orihime being so high on the females is interesting. Sure she's bad, but she isn't as actively hatable as some female characters. I mean, she's an awful character but she doesn't actively work against the hero at least. Also, no Gundam SEED's Flay is particularly annoying. One of the worst females ever put to screen.

Though it's about characters you don't like, it's still mostly a popularity contest.

Emitan

Still watching the episode but I'll post some impressions now to save my marriage.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 13
Seems like a recap episode which is good because I really don't remember what was going on besides "Utena fights student council"

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Still watching the episode but I'll post some impressions now to save my marriage.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 13
Seems like a recap episode which is good because I really don't remember what was going on besides "Utena fights student council"
Good. Good.

Also welcome to symbolism parade. Prepare to get preposterous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom