• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So continuing from last season after having watched most opening episodes:

Awesome Tier
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
Psycho-Pass
Polar Bear Café
My Little Monster
Space Brothers

Doesn't Offend Any Sensibilities Tier
Ginga e Kickoff!!
Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki

Hatewatch Tier
BTOOOM!
Blast of Tempest

Trite Tier
From the New World

Looks like a great season.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Can't wait to watch the next episode tier
Sword Art Online
Psycho-Pass

Will watch every week tier
Shin Sekai Yori
Tonari no Taibutsu-kun

Will watch whenever tier
Zetsuen no Tempest
Robotics;Notes

Everything else is not watching due to some reason. Oh yeah.... dropped.

Dropped
Little Busters
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Jormungand/Nobody To Talk to Tier:
Jormungand

Liked and Still Watching:
Joey JoJo
Zetsuen no Tempest
Code:Breaker
Chuunibyou
Robo;Notes

Giving a few episodes:
From The New World
Psycho Pass
Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun
Magi

Garberator Tier:
Little Busters!

Seems like I like somewhat generic shonen a little more than I thought I did. Really unsure about the most hyped shows of the season (Save for JoJo, awesome show). May give Little Busters one more episode, but the first episode did nothing for me, save for the brown haired girl, she was entertaining. This list is really only based on first episodes only except for Chuunibyou, JoJo, and Zetsuen (aka: subject to change).

Narag

Can't wait to watch the next episode tier
Sword Art Online

Dropped
Little Busters
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

8PFnx.gif

kayos90

how its unhumanly possible to have SAO at the top and drop Jojo

I fixed your post.

Also, I find SAO to be enjoyable. It's a fun watch that appeals to me despite its problems. Jojo on the other hand doesn't appeal to me almost in the slightest. It's just... meh.

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 14

I think I might haven fallen asleep during this ep. This may have been the most boring episode of anime I've ever seen.
No love for the Maximum Overdrive tsundere? Not even a ":(" for
Lt. Latrovak and the Rape Brigade
?

Pretty cool art of SAO
52884_469127713132373_1366814238_o.jpg
As much as I like the boobs that accompany it, I really don't like the new aesthetic. Kirito in particular just looks so dumb. (inb4 "if the shoe fits...")

Essentially. One of the more twisted reverse harems that pretends to be a comedy from time to time despite EVERY SINGLE MALE MEMBER BEING A MASS-MURDERING ASSHOLE. Yuuki is an alright guy though.
That makes me think of Hatoful Boyfriend. When is that going to get an anime?

I just hate censors. Do you really think that me, someone who doesn't cares about moe or waifus would really whatch something only to see boobs? If I wanted that I would watch that show about the sister wanting to fuck her brother, lol. Or ToLove-Ru.

It was the case with HSOD and other series where censors actually made the scenes lose impact. I always rewatch these shows with it.
These are the words of a man who holds a deep shame within his breast. Hopefully a day will come where you no longer fear your true feelings.

I would really love to hear any and all AnimeGAF pairings you have.

Please forgive, I dont have some for all as some people just seem unshippable or supershippable (the ultimate ukes like tsuna) but anyway some logical and some supercrack pairings.

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
TurkishEmporer - Amishpriest99
Survivor - DTL
Cwarrior - CosmicBlizzard
Regulus Tera - firehawk12
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
Thoraxes - KO Traveling Hobo
mAcOdIn - icarus-daedelus
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Apparently Kayos is the kind of person who would stab you in the back if you asked him to hold a knife or sharp object for you.

fertygo

What? One's boring so far. The other is unappealing to me. Just because they're in the same dropped category doesn't mean I dropped them for the same reason.

Haha, you need to not take every post seriously.. I'm just making fun of you like everyone else :D

kayos90

Okay. I thought they were just making an Accel World OVA 2 but apparently it's the same situation as OVA 1. They're making ANOTHER GAME and it's going to come with OVA 2. Didn't the first game get reviewed horribly?

I think it's kinda funny tbh. There's this crazy guy who's all LOL IM SO EVIL LOL IM TOO COOL WATCH AS I PRETEND TO BE A NICE GUY IN FRONT OF EVERYONE LOL, and then there's a girl who is all OMG I CAN'T LEAVE HIM ALONE SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET IN THIS ANIME AND I MUST LET HIM KNOW. It's really nonsensical and funny to me. There's clearly not a lot of thought put into the moral spectrum here, it's just two stupid extreme views being played for drama. I literally lol'd when she was like YOU SHOULD TURN YOURSELF IN TO THE POLICE. It's so ridiculous, it's hard for me to be remotely offended. Instead, it's pretty entertaining.

I think I had that opinion in the beginning too, but it just gets progressively stupider to the point of the author constantly trying to justify her own views, and then just flip-flopping to make everyone look like an idiot. After a certain point in the manga, it stops being all fun and games playing with extremes and becomes a formulaic clusterfuck of conflicting messages and nonsense. For me, it just got to the point where trying to get invested in the characters and the build-up toward things that should have happened, became a major chore.

But maybe I just need to lighten up with this kind of stuff. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom