• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

Depends on what classy shows they force you to watch. My uni's club is basically shonen central: Naruto, Bleach, more Naruto, and sometimes Inuyasha.

I never thought these clubs really existed... My university's club is watching Tiger and Bunny and Baccano after having finished Sakamichi no Apollon.

Please forgive, I dont have some for all as some people just seem unshippable or supershippable (the ultimate ukes like tsuna) but anyway some logical and some supercrack pairings.

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
TurkishEmporer - Amishpriest99
Survivor - DTL
Cwarrior - CosmicBlizzard
Regulus Tera - firehawk12
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
Thoraxes - KO Traveling Hobo
mAcOdIn - icarus-daedelus
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

Amazing and terrifying all at the same time!

Edit: I was the pres of the anime club in my college years, and it was stuff like Baccano, DtB 2 (collective tears were shed over how bad it was) Arakawa S1 and others. Never any Shonen stuff.

Mecha

What? One's boring so far. The other is unappealing to me. Just because they're in the same dropped category doesn't mean I dropped them for the same reason.

I'm a Jojo fan, but as long as you don't judge the 100+ volume long manga because of two episodes I don't see the problem.

El Sloth

Banned
No. I went to one meeting at my University and it was just... ugh.
Not moe enough?
Depends on what classy shows they force you to watch. My uni's club is basically shonen central: Naruto, Bleach, more Naruto, and sometimes Inuyasha.
Last time I was there I was forced to watch a Mazinger Z movie that was surprisingly dark and manly as fuck. Put hair on my balls.

Still not sure if thats a good thing.
I regretted never joining mine so now you have to join so I can relive my misspent college years vicariously through you.
Should I give you hourly updates?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Hey! That's not true. I was just saying that he left himself open for a joke. That's all.

Jesus Kayos, you fucking shot him. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you have to use it.

I hope you have no regrets.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Please forgive, I dont have some for all as some people just seem unshippable or supershippable (the ultimate ukes like tsuna) but anyway some logical and some supercrack pairings.

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
Survivor - DTL
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

This has made my day.

fertygo

WTF, This is what I get from posting too much on here.. -__-

I don't want husbando that always bitching about my language despite can't break paragraph properly. NOOOOOOOOO

wonzo

Banned
Ixion Saga DT 2
ixionsagadt2.jpg
ixionsagadt2a.jpg

remember folks, balance is important but not as important as fabulously :dtl ED's

Gintama has its own fair share of tiresome/cliched moments. Most of the multi-episode arcs start to drag at the end, because that's where the sentimentality comes in. The Hosen and Yoshiwara arc, the Kagura/alien dog arc, and the Ryugu Palace arc all could have benefited from being cut down by an episode, and in the stand-alone episodes, the third act where the conflict gets resolved by Gin making a speech is pretty often a drag coming off the insanity that preceded it. Gintama is a bit schizophrenic in how it goes from mocking anime conventions to following them to the letter from one moment to the next. That's part of why I enjoy it, though, because it really feels like it could go in any direction at any given time.
Yeah, it isn't perfect but I find it to be far more consistent in quality compared to most other series of the same genre.

Can't wait to watch the next episode tier
Sword Art Online

Dropped
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
ibpbK6JeO4KB8H.gif

I'm kinda hoping it does, that way she can end up with her gal pal instead.
This... actually seems kinda plausible. lol

guyz, should i join my Uni's anime club
Sure, as long as you read Beethoven!

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
Survivor - DTL
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys
lmao

Maedhros

I'm going to be forgiving and blame David Production instead of kayos.

Nah, lots of people are enjoying this, even you or kayos don't enjoy. David Production is doing a very nice job despite their limited budget. Even if there's lots of stills, it's still very nice to watch. One of the best anime of the season, IMO.

Uchip

Banned
What? One's boring so far. The other is unappealing to me. Just because they're in the same dropped category doesn't mean I dropped them for the same reason.

predictable = boring
I guessed SAOs "last boss" from the first episode, and everything leading up to it was predictable and why people would subscribe to an MMO with such a limited moveset is beyond me. It also tries to take its ridiculous writing seriously which is embarassing.

with Jojos bizarre adventure, I actually have no idea wtf is going on or whats about to happen = entertaining.

OceanBlue

Last time I was there I was forced to watch a Mazinger Z movie that was surprisingly dark and manly as fuck. Put hair on my balls.

Still not sure if thats a good thing.

Sounds like a good thing to me. I'd say to go for it. At least see if the people there are amiable.

Ixion Saga DT 2

Oh damn, that sucks for Erec. Lol, these guys are really stepping over the line with a fujoshi-bait character
that is now likely a eunuch.
MC is a douche for that.

Still liking how they're playing with fantasy RPG cliches, even stuff like "the chosen one". Not loving it or anything, but it's giving me enough to keep watching.

Tomat

DTL has gone above and beyond the call of duty. Well done sir.

Not sure how I feel about it though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
Survivor - DTL
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

DTL has truly ascended.

OceanBlue

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
Survivor - DTL
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

Some of these are just amazing, but this one is especially so for some reason.

Emitan

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
Survivor - DTL
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys
I'm okay with this~

El Sloth

Banned
yes but only if they show classics like naruto and dragon ball z and the like
I would never associate with dirty baka gaijin who didn't.
My uni shows cool stuff like You're Under Arrest, Bunny Drop, HxH... if you like the kind of stuff your club does, go for it!
Well, they play a lot of Magic and video games. At least, they did last time I stopped by which admittedly was quite a while ago.

Ultimadrago

Are you sure you didn't get that backwards?

Nope. It looks about right!

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
Survivor - DTL
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

jacknicholsonnodnaqqb.gif

Seriously, I can't stop laughing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
Survivor - DTL
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

No ABF-mac. This list is wrong!

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
Survivor - DTL
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

I highly agree with this one

Maedhros

Ixion Saga DT 2

Oh damn, that sucks for Erec. Lol, these guys are really stepping over the line with a fujoshi-bait character
that is now likely a eunuch.
MC is a douche for that.

Still liking how they're playing with fantasy RPG cliches, even stuff like "the chosen one". Not loving it or anything, but it's giving me enough to keep watching.

Yeah... it was really surprising for me... I'm liking it... it's not really that good, but not bad too. I like how everything looks from... 90's/00's.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
Survivor - DTL
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

LOL

OceanBlue

DTL has gone above and beyond the call of duty. Well done sir.

Not sure how I feel about it though.

W-we're probably at the end because he couldn't find a place to put us! Don't misunderstand! This doesn't even make me happy, I don't even notice your posts! Geez, shipping is stupid anyway.

Wait, I'm the seme. I guess this doesn't fit.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Original Saint Seiya is just nostalgia... there's almost nothing good there, at all. And I'm from a country where almost everyone loves it (Brazil).
I rewatched it a few years ago (Cartoon Network in Mexico got the rights) and it surprisingly stood up very well for me. The first few arcs are a bit non-sensical, but it doesn't dilly daddle for too long and gets up to the manly shounen action soon.

Tomat

W-we're probably at the end because he couldn't find a place to put us! Don't misunderstand! This doesn't even make me happy, I don't even notice your posts! Geez, shipping is stupid anyway.

Wait, I'm the seme. I guess this doesn't fit.

That makes sense, nothing to misunderstand. Yup.

Mmhm.

---

Nichi strikes me as a show that I can enjoy through the gifs alone, because most of them are amazing.
|
V

I rewatched it a few years ago (Cartoon Network in Mexico got the rights) and it surprisingly stood up very well for me. The first few arcs are a bit non-sensical, but it doesn't dilly daddle for too long and gets up to the manly shounen action soon.

There's far too much filler in TOS.

The latest ovas were super dissapointing and had low production values. First Hades Saga was glorious tho.

Can't wait for next JoJo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom