• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandoric

Banned
predictable = boring
I guessed SAOs "last boss" from the first episode, and everything leading up to it was predictable and why people would subscribe to an MMO with such a limited moveset is beyond me. It also tries to take its ridiculous writing seriously which is embarassing.

with Jojos bizarre adventure, I actually have no idea wtf is going on or whats about to happen = entertaining.

JoJo works even if you know exactly what's coming.

I never thought these clubs really existed... My university's club is watching Tiger and Bunny and Baccano after having finished Sakamichi no Apollon.

This talk about anime clubs made me curious enough to look up what my old university's anime club is currently watching:

Card Captor Sakura
Honey and Clover II
Akagi
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden
Claymore
Future Boy Conan
Kaiji
Hyouka

Now that's a pretty classy, well varied list! I have to give the organizers some respect for that.

Thoraxes

jZZTIk9nWHtZW.jpg

This...this is...I don't...

Pwudq.jpg

El Sloth

Banned
It transcends rankings.
After killing an ant by peeing on it, a boy is turned into an ant-man. He is then targeted by a female monster killer who accidentally shoots herself and then takes revenge on him as a ghost by turning him into an ant-girl.

Intriguing.

As expected of a Wonzo recommendation!

Maedhros

I rewatched it a few years ago (Cartoon Network in Mexico got the rights) and it surprisingly stood up very well for me. The first few arcs are a bit non-sensical, but it doesn't dilly daddle for too long and gets up to the manly shounen action soon.

I have them in DVD... seriously, I can't rewatch it without laughing everytime... Kuramada don't know how to write a story. The battles weren't that good too, at least until Sanctuary Arc. After that, it's alright.

Comparing it to Omega, the only thing I find better, besides the armor designs, is that it's the gore.

OceanBlue

This talk about anime clubs made me curious enough to look up what my old university's anime club is currently watching:

Card Captor Sakura
Honey and Clover II
Akagi
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden
Claymore
Future Boy Conan
Kaiji
Hyouka

Now that's a pretty classy, well varied list! I have to give the organizers some respect for that.

As much as I like Hyouka, I wonder if I could get my club to sit down and watch it. Some people are pretty rowdy and snarky, so I would be worried about people disrupting the mood with too many comments about it being boring and such.

Well, I guess in the end, even though I like discussing anime with others, it feels best watching it by myself.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I have them in DVD... seriously, I can't rewatch it without laughing everytime... Kuramada don't know how to write a story. The battles weren't that good too, at least until Sanctuary Arc. After that, it's alright.

Comparing it to Omega, the only thing I find better, besides the armor designs, is that it's the gore.
Well, it is a children's cartoon. I'm in there for the violence and fabulousness. I'm not expecting fucking One Hundred Years of Solitude (that's what Jojo is for).

Branduil

So what are you guys up to no-

Please forgive, I dont have some for all as some people just seem unshippable or supershippable (the ultimate ukes like tsuna) but anyway some logical and some supercrack pairings.

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
TurkishEmporer - Amishpriest99
Survivor - DTL
Cwarrior - CosmicBlizzard
Regulus Tera - firehawk12
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
Thoraxes - KO Traveling Hobo
mAcOdIn - icarus-daedelus
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

ibyxOrQOR1QhLX.jpg

Soma

On one hand I feel happy that I'm not popular enough in this thread to get on that list.

On the other hand I feel left out and lonely.

Please forgive, I dont have some for all as some people just seem unshippable or supershippable (the ultimate ukes like tsuna) but anyway some logical and some supercrack pairings.

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
TurkishEmporer - Amishpriest99
Survivor - DTL
Cwarrior - CosmicBlizzard
Regulus Tera - firehawk12
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
Thoraxes - KO Traveling Hobo
mAcOdIn - icarus-daedelus
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

Now all of a sudden I'm glad nobody cares about me.

wonzo

Banned
After killing an ant by peeing on it, a boy is turned into an ant-man. He is then targeted by a female monster killer who accidentally shoots herself and then takes revenge on him as a ghost by turning him into an ant-girl.

Intriguing.

As expected of a Wonzo recommendation!
Be sure to post your impressions of this 20 page masterpiece in the Manga thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom