• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck me, that doujin lol.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
jNxdl2D6gBnPa.jpg

I can't tell... what the rest of it is...?
The hipster plague. You've probably never heard of it.

The Shadow Beasts were used to merely highlight just how much of a threat the Phantom Troupe really are, before then we didn't really know much about their capabilities outside of Hisoka,
the massacre in the auction room
and Kurapika talking about
the genocide of his clan
. As for the hired assassins, they're not really "bad dudes" to begin with, just hired assassins who really don't know what exactly they're fighting against, sans Kurapika and the Zoldyck's of course.

images

'bad dudes' as in bad dudes, not bad guys.

Anyhow it seems like next eps would be dope, so i'm good!

yami4ct

I learned more things about this community in one hour than I know about my closest friends. These are things I don't want to know.

I'm going to watch some Gintama and the new HXH episode. Please don't have another list started when I get back. I don't think I can take it.

Jex

So, at one point during Blood-C: The Last Dark, someone tells Saya that she "can't Protect anyone". I was the only person in the screening I could hear laughing at that.
[....] There's some pretty crappy CG in there as well - plasticky looking cars with occasionally janky physics, and some peculiar mannequin-like extras in crowd scenes were the main problems.

Even Wolf Children has CG crowds, Hosoda is a hack.

Instro

Please forgive, I dont have some for all as some people just seem unshippable or supershippable (the ultimate ukes like tsuna) but anyway some logical and some supercrack pairings.

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
TurkishEmporer - Amishpriest99
Survivor - DTL
Cwarrior - CosmicBlizzard
Regulus Tera - firehawk12
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
Thoraxes - KO Traveling Hobo
mAcOdIn - icarus-daedelus
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

Unshippable motherfuckers!

Jex

Weekend anime roundup!

Wolf Children

I don't have much to say that others haven't said already. It's a truly excellent film, far superior to Summer Wars (and probably better than TokiKake in all honesty), and Hosoda deserves any plaudit that comes his way for it. It's a simple story extremely well told and produced, and although there are a few things I "didn't care for" they were extremely minor and didn't detract from the film at all. Really great stuff.

I have spent much of this evening listening to this piece of music from the soundtrack. It is glorious.

Tell me how you feel about
wolf man on human sexual intercourse

Jex

I think the logic is pretty simple - if we want to make OTs to inform the larger community of the forum on certain anime series, we should also support the OTs. Instead of having long detailed discussions in here which will get lost and buried for all but the most hardcore 20 posters in this thread, and posting various bits of news and whatever, these things can be posted in the OTs for the relevant shows instead. This will be more helpful to both other posters, as well as keeping the OTs alive.

For example, look at the From the New World OT. It's basically an AnimeGAF Community Impressions Blog right now. This isn't anyone's fault, it's just how it looks. If we actually bothered to use the thread to discuss the show and debate certain issues, it would seem much more lively and interesting.

You and your silly logic.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

barbecue01.jpg

I think the logic is pretty simple - if we want to make OTs to inform the larger community of the forum on certain anime series, we should also support the OTs. Instead of having long detailed discussions in here which will get lost and buried for all but the most hardcore 20 posters in this thread, and posting various bits of news and whatever, these things can be posted in the OTs for the relevant shows instead. This will be more helpful to both other posters, as well as keeping the OTs alive.

For example, look at the From the New World OT. It's basically an AnimeGAF Community Impressions Blog right now. This isn't anyone's fault, it's just how it looks. If we actually bothered to use the thread to discuss the show and debate certain issues, it would seem much more lively and interesting.

You have my magical girls staff (that i stole from Cajunator)

Ezalc

I learned more things about this community in one hour than I know about my closest friends. These are things I don't want to know.

I'm going to watch some Gintama and the new HXH episode. Please don't have another list started when I get back. I don't think I can take it.

Embrace it, you're one of us now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom