• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
all the cool kids do.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 067
umkVOl.png
This is the face of democracy. What person worth Valhalla would defend such unfabulousness?

People daring to mock Reinhard-sama deserve to be skinned and then have their skin superglued only to be skinned again. :mad:

The next time I see an English teacher speaking bad English in an anime, I'm going to throw my screen out a window.

Can you tell I'm not in a good mood? Hahaha.

cajunator

Banned
Expecting more from me than "that lesbian who loves cute girls doing cute things" is the road to failure :(

But that's why we love you :D

I actually had the list handwritten and had Ezalc x Brazil, but I didnt think you or him still partook in the thread. :/

Wait...you made A HAND WRITTEN LIST. I'm more impressed than I was before! Truly dedicated. Disturbingly so. You have my respect. I guess Ill go ahead and call it respect.

What the hell happened to this thread? 300 posts in an hour?

I was wondering the same. I was watching the NFL game tonight, took a nap, came back to TEN PAGES since 9 PM. Holy fuck. Now I understand.

Who knew that all we needed was DTL to start pairing posters for AnimeGaf to reach that illustrious OT4.

I doubt this will be more than a blip, but it may have moved the schedule up by a day or two. This season is pretty awesome and has lots to discuss, so its going to be a pretty lively thread.

barbecue01.jpg

You have my magical girls staff (that i stole from Cajunator)

You can borrow it. Just put it back in my room when you are done.

I might get it. I don't own a single Blu-Ray yet. Everything is DVD.

Seriously? I was slow on the uptake, because the price didn't seem to match the improvement to me, but it makes financial sense now. Sort of. Mainly I get them because they are durable. There is a coating on them that prevents scratches, and it is pretty tough. Great for if you want to preserve a disc collection.

So when Hito goes down...

One of the pillars of animegaf's wall is broken.

How much more before it falls and becomes...

mangaf?

I hope to hell this doesn't happen.

SAO 15

I feel... brain dead beyond dead.

kinda like asuna.

Incest angle... sure why not.

Forced... story... urgh.

Read the LN 1, still have no clue wtf the baddies motive outside of 'I want a castle'.

fuck you kayos.

An accurate description of this show, and of everyone in it.

Why not indeed

xJdzc.png

I kind of wonder how body proportions like that are supposed to work. Some anime girls would bend in half permanently, or topple over on their face from maxibreasts.

I've never ever even watched a Blu-Ray before so I have no idea how good they look.

They look marginally improved. It really depends on the source and whether it is a true HD copy or an upscale. If its upscaled, it really doesn't look much better and in some cases actually looks worse. If its filmed in HD then transferred to bluray directly the result is absolutely gorgeous. See Avatar for an example. Mostly though, as I said before I get them because of durability. Thats the main selling point for me. Plus usually less discs in the set that takes up space.

Emitan

But that's why we love you :D

Seriously? I was slow on the uptake, because the price didn't seem to match the improvement to me, but it makes financial sense now. Sort of. Mainly I get them because they are durable. There is a coating on them that prevents scratches, and it is pretty tough. Great for if you want to preserve a disc collection.

Awww thanks~

Well I didn't get a PS3 until 2010 or 2011, I only started getting into anime again recently, and I prefer books to tv shows and movies so I didn't really have any reason to buy blu-rays before now.

cajunator

Banned
Maji de Otaku na English! Ribbon-chan

I like you as much as EROGE. I'm not embarrassed because it's not an underwear.

laughs

Is this that funky English teaching video that doesn't accurately teach English?

Also I finally caught up to this thread. Yay! I would imagine a bunch of people will wake up this morning, see 20 new pages and say fuck it and skip it all. Not that they will be missing much.

Taruranto

So what happened when i was aslee-

Please forgive, I dont have some for all as some people just seem unshippable or supershippable (the ultimate ukes like tsuna) but anyway some logical and some supercrack pairings.

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
TurkishEmporer - Amishpriest99
Survivor - DTL
Cwarrior - CosmicBlizzard
Regulus Tera - firehawk12
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
Thoraxes - KO Traveling Hobo
mAcOdIn - icarus-daedelus
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

xIXWR.jpg

Wait...you made A HAND WRITTEN LIST. I'm more impressed than I was before! Truly dedicated. Disturbingly so. You have my respect. I guess Ill go ahead and call it respect.
Where Jexhius would bring unease and dread unto animeGAF, DTL bears love and brotherly bonding. I ask you, is there not but one correct side in this handwritten list war?
I kind of wonder how body proportions like that are supposed to work. Some anime girls would bend in half permanently, or topple over on their face from maxibreasts.
You're not focusing on the right parts, broseph.

Less because of its wrongness and more for the angry teacher feelings it brings up. Today has not been a good day at work.
Someone needs a strong dose of idorus.

cajunator

Banned
Where Jexhius would bring unease and dread unto animeGAF, DTL bears love and brotherly bonding. I ask you, is there not but one correct side in this handwritten list war?

You're not focusing on the right parts, broseph.

What parts should I be focusing on in that picture?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 068
If this were a modern animu Poplan would be a videogame-savvy but socially inept reject for whom all the girls fall for due to his sweet nature and dumb bravado. Nice to see potential harem masters actually act like Casanovas.

Also: :'( Bucock-sama....

Also also: RUBINSKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Uchip

Banned

I have to wonder if some of these artists even know what breasts look like
I mean they just drew circles on their chest

XD.

My co-teacher marked students incorrect for wrong English when in fact the kids were right. So when I told him "actually, the students are correct." he basically argued with me that he was right, except he did it in super broken English, adding insult to injury. He then basically told me I was wrong and didn't give the students points on their test.

The entire class of 15 year olds could see the cool rage on my face and ended up coming up to me after class to thank me for fighting. Fucking hell man. I love my kids but goddamn I hate that man. He's everything wrong with the system.

But I digress. Now I watch idols.

go home and be an idol man

Lol, future tag for me? Hahahaha.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 51

Incredible. They really captured the ruthlessness of the Spider perfectly. Next to them, Hisoka looks like an okay guy. The music was excellent and the animation was good. This really has surpassed the original anime.

sonicmj1

So, at one point during Blood-C: The Last Dark, someone tells Saya that she "can't Protect anyone". I was the only person in the screening I could hear laughing at that.

It's... kind of a weird movie. Those people I talked to afterwards who hadn't seen the TV show to completion (or at all) kind of hated it - one even commented that they'd rather sit through Gyo again.

I enjoyed it personally, but it did have it's problems. The completely limp climax was probably the main issue, though there is something of a feeling of a lack of any real scale throughout the whole movie. I can well imagine that being even worse for someone who hasn't seen the TV version, as they really don't give you enough information to really appreciate what is actually going on. There's also a completely gratuitous and unnecessary bathing scene with the two heroines which, whilst brief, is also entirely superfluous. There's some pretty crappy CG in there as well - plasticky looking cars with occasionally janky physics, and some peculiar mannequin-like extras in crowd scenes were the main problems.

Still, mostly satisfied by it. There's some nicely animated battle scenes when they stick to mostly 2D animation.

Sounds like it lines up pretty well with my impressions. The main battle scenes (the opener, the one in the school, the one in the lobby) were all pretty impressive, but things like the car chase and the finale really felt off.

Since I saw it in Japanese and didn't really understand everything that was being said, can you tell me if
Fumito's motivations for turning himself into a monster so Saya could kill him
were as ridiculous as it seemed like they sounded?

XD.

My co-teacher marked students incorrect for wrong English when in fact the kids were right. So when I told him "actually, the students are correct." he basically argued with me that he was right, except he did it in super broken English, adding insult to injury. He then basically told me I was wrong and didn't give the students points on their test.

The entire class of 15 year olds could see the cool rage on my face and ended up coming up to me after class to thank me for fighting. Fucking hell man. I love my kids but goddamn I hate that man. He's everything wrong with the system.

But I digress. Now I watch idols.

Idols will do you good.

I'm teaching in Japan now, and I can definitely sympathize with that feeling when the Japanese teacher you're teaching with can't speak correctly. I've been fortunate in that they tend to defer to me on contentious stuff, but I know I'd be incredibly upset if I were in your shoes.

The moments that have frustrated me the most are when I've been teaching with one of my co-teachers who simply isn't that good a teacher, except he's been teaching for longer than I've been alive and is the main person I deal with about my scheduling. It sucks when I see him struggling to keep the class's attention or spend tons of time on really inconsequential stuff that just complicates the lesson, and I can't do anything to move things along or change course.

Things keep getting better though. I've been doing this for six months, and only now do I really feel like the kids at my junior high school are opening up to me. It's starting to feel much more rewarding than it did at first.

Idols will do you good.

I'm teaching in Japan now, and I can definitely sympathize with that feeling when the Japanese teacher you're teaching with can't speak correctly. I've been fortunate in that they tend to defer to me on contentious stuff, but I know I'd be incredibly upset if I were in your shoes.

The moments that have frustrated me the most are when I've been teaching with one of my co-teachers who simply isn't that good a teacher, except he's been teaching for longer than I've been alive and is the main person I deal with about my scheduling. It sucks when I see him struggling to keep the class's attention or spend tons of time on really inconsequential stuff that just complicates the lesson, and I can't do anything to move things along or change course.

Things keep getting better though. I've been doing this for six months, and only now do I really feel like the kids at my junior high school are opening up to me. It's starting to feel much more rewarding than it did at first.

My motto is if you can make a serious impact on one student and their interest in going abroad or learning English, you'll have justified your entire time here. The latter six months of your first year are when things really start to click together.

This one guy has been the only sticking point for three years. I'm just praying to the universe that he gets transferred out this year. Hahaha.

Stoof

I wasn't able to sleep so I randomly decided to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Yeah I hadn't watched it yet, but I haven't watched too many anime movies T_T) and it was really good. Too tired to post any detailed impressions but I'll be picking this up at some point.

cajunator

Banned
I have to wonder if some of these artists even know what breasts look like
I mean they just drew circles on their chest

I don't need to wonder. Its obvious. The funny thing is, with the internet you don't even need to see a real woman to know how real breasts actually look.

All those circles need is some imagination, brother.

ibusXk9vkyvNgJ.gif

Genshiken is a fine show. Truly reflective of the times.

I wasn't able to sleep so I randomly decided to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Yeah I hadn't watched it yet, but I haven't watched too many anime movies T_T) and it was really good. Too tired to post any detailed impressions but I'll be picking this up at some point.

One of my favourite anime movies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 069

40 Billion sounds real small for the population of the entire human race. Wait, are you saying the entire empire and the Alliance is concentrated in probably less than ten planets? Huh.

Schenkopp got mad respect from me in this episode. Maybe he's not a
shithead of a dad
after all.
It was specially powerful how that scene happened immediately after Yang accepts Julian going into the recapture of Iserlohn. The parenting themes in the show have never been as strong as here.

:( I felt bad during that ending sortie. This doesn't bode well at all.

lets not get crazy now

Oh, I'm sure Hisoka could be on par or even worse than some of the Troupe. But of what we see, those guys have a much higher kill count, and they do it in such brutal ways. Not to say Hisoka isn't brutal, but it doesn't seem as bad when it's not multiple people at once.

Uchip

Banned
Oh, I'm sure Hisoka could be on par or even worse than some of the Troupe. But of what we see, those guys have a much higher kill count, and they do it in such brutal ways. Not to say Hisoka isn't brutal, but it doesn't seem as bad when it's not multiple people at once.

oh you're talking about kill count
because none of them have displayed the ability to get turned on by beating up little boys yet

Meant to post these over the weekend. Derp.

Last week's manga releases and some random store shots

New books as of Monday.

That last one translates to something like "Little sisters mustn't put their hands on brother!" The English caption on the cover is even better.

"A scramble between twin sisters for their older brother becomes a total mess."

What.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom