• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a little thing called business.
American anime fans are just as bad as their Japanese counterparts.

I await the day when I have to rebuy everything in 4k/8k holographic cube-rays.

I just realised this.

Motherfucker.
It's the new HD Remix model applied to anime. lol

Ah, but the difference is, HidaSketch I'm not trying to -sell-.
I'm not selling K-On either. I just think BDs are better than DVDs, regardless of the content. lol

SAO 15

I feel... brain dead beyond dead.

kinda like asuna.

Incest angle... sure why not.

Forced... story... urgh.

Read the LN 1, still have no clue wtf the baddies motive outside of 'I want a castle'.

fuck you kayos.

Risette

A Good Citizen
not when your only blu ray player is a region locked ps3
:'(
You're in region B right? Indulge yourself in all the Japanese cinema Blu-rays that the UK gets and I can't play on my A-region locked PS3.

It's not anime but it's pretty cool.

Westlo

SAO 15

Incest angle... sure why not.

Why not indeed

xJdzc.png

OceanBlue

Assuming Yoshino doesn't fuck it up, is it worth rushing through the first 30 odd chapters to get out a good adaptation of the Balbadd arc?

I would be lying if I said I completely disagree, but I don't feel good about saying that it's okay to disregard the earlier arcs for Balbadd. It's just that the Balbadd arc is so good! I don't know.

Wow, the manga art seems pretty awkward.

Branduil

Speaking of the official From the New World thread, Jexhius hasn't posted his episode 3 impressions there even though he said he would. :(

yami4ct

Just watched the new Hunter x Hunter episode. Wow, just wow. HxH is my favorite manga of all time and the only one I still currently read. This episode may have topped anything even the manga could do. The pacing, the music, the directing. It was all pitch perfect. To see Hunter x Hunter get such a loving adaptation almost brings a tear to my eye.

Westlo

I would be lying if I said I completely disagree, but I don't feel good about saying that it's okay to disregard the earlier arcs for Balbadd. It's just that the Balbadd arc is so good! I don't know.

It's a pity they couldn't get a 3 cour run for Magi, would've been more than enough to give everything up to Balbadd justice I assume? I still haven't touched the manga outside of the first 10 pages of chapter 1, kinda don't want to ruin the anime for myself...

I guess the other way to have gone about it would've been like how Nurarihyon no Mago went about it and just do the first 34 chapters (47 in Mago's case) and add a fuckload of filler. Problem is if they did that and it flopped Balbadd wouldn't get animated. Would suck not to have the best arc animated, like Medaka Box :(

Dresden

I feel kinda bad for just watching the prologue/op stuff from the last two FtNW episodes. Been meaning to get to the actual episodes but I get sidetracked.

Uchip

Banned
Just found out that my PS3 is, in fact, Japanese (should have guessed considering my friend who I bought it from is Japanese)
No excuse to not import some anime then D:

Jex

[Sister Arc Online] - 15

Well, now that what's her face is out of the way there's real room to grow Kirito's Harem.

yami4ct

Someone needs to license the new Hunter X Hunter for the US so I can buy the most expensive, crazy box set they release. I'm in total love.

Code:Breaker 2

It looks like they're skipping and reordering stuff to get to Hitomi as fast as possible. Neither Yuuki nor Hitomi should be introduced for a while. That likely means they'll skip the mini-arc where
Ogami burns a guy in front of his incredibly sick wheelchair-bound daughter.
That might be for the best.

Uchip

Banned
Someone needs to license the new Hunter X Hunter for the US so I can buy the most expensive, crazy box set they release. I'm in total love.

I still dislike everything prior to York shin City, but if they keep up the recent quality it will be worth having

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 066

That was a lot of
pXhBH.gif
for what amounts to CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE.

Oh Reinhard-sama, your indecisiveness is so moé. Long live the Neue Reich!

yami4ct

I still dislike everything prior to York shin City, but if they keep up the recent quality it will be worth having

I think the Huntet Exam and the. Zoldyck family arc are inherently the worst arcs of the manga even. The fact that they weren't great here wasn't too surprising to me. I thought the new adaptation was almost as good, and maybe only a bit worse than the original so it didn't bother me too much.

Man if Yorkshin is this good, seeing my favorite arc
Greed Island
adapted like this is going to make me nerd out on a weekly basis

cajunator

Banned
Is Strawberry Panic truly worth watching? I am currently reading the 3-in-1 novel, but I am not too sure I could make it through 26 episodes of yuri.

Its pretty much yuri for yuri's sake. If thats what you're after, you've got the right show.

hmmm... must all anime main character girls be either tsundere or retarded?

Well you also have the clingy types, like Aoi Sakuraba. Better than just being the same trope over and over. She isn't Yandere either..

guyz, should i join my Uni's anime club

Absolutely. I met many friends through anime club. I also discovered a lot of cool shows and the experience opened me up socially to people.

Depends on what classy shows they force you to watch. My uni's club is basically shonen central: Naruto, Bleach, more Naruto, and sometimes Inuyasha.

That sucks. The club I joined was founded by one of my friends. We watched stuff like Evangelion, Youre Under Arrest, Goldenboy, Ex Driver, Ah My Goddess, Full Metal Panic, Nadesico, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Sailor Moon, Mahoromatic, Galaxy Railways, Gundam, Yakitate! Japan...you get the idea.

Please forgive, I dont have some for all as some people just seem unshippable or supershippable (the ultimate ukes like tsuna) but anyway some logical and some supercrack pairings.

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
TurkishEmporer - Amishpriest99
Survivor - DTL
Cwarrior - CosmicBlizzard
Regulus Tera - firehawk12
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
Thoraxes - KO Traveling Hobo
mAcOdIn - icarus-daedelus
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

This is interesting and yet somehow highly disturbing as well.

Uchip

Banned
I think the Huntet Exam and the. Zoldyck family arc are inherently the worst arcs of the manga even. The fact that they weren't great here wasn't too surprising to me. I thought the new adaptation was almost as good, and maybe only a bit worse than the original so it didn't bother me too much.

Man if Yorkshin is this good, seeing my favorite arc
Greed Island
adapted like this is going to make me nerd out on a weekly basis

they really messed up with the heart in paper bag, and with hisoka cutting people up early on

cajunator

Banned
Nah, lots of people are enjoying this, even you or kayos don't enjoy. David Production is doing a very nice job despite their limited budget. Even if there's lots of stills, it's still very nice to watch. One of the best anime of the season, IMO.

JoJo is just plain fun to watch. I don't pause the episode or divert my attention. the show gets your attention. By force if necessary.

DTL, I need to know how I even made it on the list. I drive by post, push people's buttons, and seem to dislike what everyone else likes this season so far.

Seriously, this is exactly the kind of thing I expected DTL to think up. Its pretty hilarious that I was listed first. Probably a bad sign.

Welp... that's it... bye thread.

Hey guyz! What's going o.....

*Looks at last few pages and the list*

*Leaves thread*

This thread weeds out the weak. Only those worthy shall survive and post.
Being anime fan is suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom