• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Shinsekai yori 3

So, about Shun in that boat scene...

bLgt7.gif

I'm guessing shit will get kind of real next week, with the
talking monster library and all that
, and hopefully we'll start to understand a little more about what the hell is going on.

/XX/

You just dislike him cause his the furthest from bish you can go, his a combination of the most badass fictional characters out there popay, terminator and ace vantura.
And he has the power of SCIENCE on his side...
which Dr. Vegapunk's blueprints exactly did he saw and obtained? What new undisclosed 'SUPA'-specifications incorporated into his own body? He is like a surprise box!

Arguments about One Piece? What is this, Wednesdays in the manga thread?
Interchangeable discussions, really. We should amalgamate the threads to bring the lively chaos from one place to the other!

If I actually enjoy idolm@ster, I... I...

I just don't know anymore.
That's only the normal, natural feeling. You can sense the passion from the staff in it!

Please forgive, I dont have some for all as some people just seem unshippable or supershippable (the ultimate ukes like tsuna) but anyway some logical and some supercrack pairings.
I'd be lying if I said I don't want to hear the reasoning behind these, Dedication Through Light!

He's not for sale.
Awww, no! I wanted my very own harem...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How did the podcast idea turn out anyway?
I don't think it ever went anywhere. lol
It'd still be interesting to do/listen to though. 4 hours of mac x ABF!

LITERALLY a shit sandwich.
When's the next episode?

Jormungand literally BL without Madhouse's production value at its prime.
I can't disagree with that, since Jormungand looks so bland.

Well you can't go wrong with a spot of karaoke, but I'm going to guess they are not going to be belting of "My Way", but rather "Go my Way".
I'm sure it's all jpop songs. lol

Ambitious

Sword of the Stranger

When I asked for recommendations in this or the previous thread, this movie was amongst them. I got it not soon after, but so far didn't feel like watching it because I don't like samurai settings. Yesterday evening, I didn't have anything to do..

Wow. It's incredible. The superior voice acting, the beautiful art, the terrific battle choreographies and dat music.. I was so excited when the last battle started, accompanied by this song. I'll watch it again with some friends soon.

Next up: TTGL, I guess.

/XX/

Forty thousand hipsters,
Could not, with all their quantity of yaoi,
make me cum.
Why did you Uchip'ed your post?

Lots of rubber. :(
"Gomu gomu no"...?

No, I read it, I read it all!
I at least try to!

Same here, and surely is memorable on its own:

Image 2471: casual hanako katawa_crash said:
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2471

Katawa Crash Wiki | Main / HomePage
http://wiki.katawa-crash.org/

sonicmj1

How did the podcast idea turn out anyway?

Even producing a shitty, slapped together podcast would take more time than anyone here is willing to invest into it, and unless we got more serious than we have ever been as an internet community, a shitty podcast is all we'd get out if it. Not worth the trouble.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Even producing a shitty, slapped together podcast would take more time than anyone here is willing to invest into it, and unless we got more serious than we have ever been as an internet community, a shitty podcast is all we'd get out if it. Not worth the trouble.
It really depends on how produced you want to make. You could go lazy and just use a recording of the Skype feed if you'd like.

I figure someone who works with Garage Band a lot should be able to actually merge MP3 files pretty easily though.

Catching up with the thread over lunch...

Please forgive, I dont have some for all as some people just seem unshippable or supershippable (the ultimate ukes like tsuna) but anyway some logical and some supercrack pairings.

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
TurkishEmporer - Amishpriest99
Survivor - DTL
Cwarrior - CosmicBlizzard
Regulus Tera - firehawk12
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
Thoraxes - KO Traveling Hobo
mAcOdIn - icarus-daedelus
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

i4fAQ.png

Why I am the uke? :p

/XX/

Guys, support Kick-Heart because a whole industry is watching the results of this experiment, Mr. Watanabe included:

Entrevista con Shinichiro Watanabe said:
"Do you believe that people like Masaaki Yuasa (Mind Game, Kaiba, Tatamy Galaxy, Kemonozume) must turn up to crowdfunding to finance their proyects?"

"I find that very interesting, perhaps I will resort to it on some occasion (laughs). As I had to stop many projects because of lack of money, maybe through crowdfunding I would be able to keep them going."
http://www.deculture.es/2012/10/15/entrevista-shinichiro-watanabe/

yami4ct

Checked out the page for my University's club. They're running Cowboy Bebop, Madoka, + some new stuff to be determined. That's not as bad as I thought it'd be. If I had the time saturdays, I'd go over and check it out for Bebop alone.

Oh man, just read further on. As part of their monthly events, they give "short presentations on anime related topics and Japanese culture". That does not sound fun at all.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I sort of thought the list would be buried but I guess it'll live on and on. I see DTL has successfully made AnimeGAF his bitch.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

The big problem is that it will destroy the illusion that AnimeGAF consists of little girls.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 071
Have I said I love the ship design in this show? Because they are beautiful.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 072
dat symbolism. Ikuhara would be proud.

This was one of the best arcs in the show.
If Bucock had to go out in any way this was the most dignified and admirable manner to do so. He really deserved better than this, but at least he managed to show Reinhard who's boss. It makes me wonder Reinhard's status as a master stratagem, seeing how the two times he has fought decent opposition he was tactically beaten, saved the first time by the foresight of Fraulein Mariendorf and the second time just by the difference in firepower between the Imperial and Alliance forces. Basically, he only is good against the dumb corrupt noblemen who think they can tackle semicircles with rectangles.

So much GAR. I grew a beard watching this episode.* Good night, sweet princes.

*Not a Fraulein Mariendorf type of beard, jerks.

I...don't really know what to say anymore...

*COUGH*

Hey! I watched Jojo's Bizarre Adventure eps. 1-2 last night. Love this show's style...questionable CG backgrounds and all.

Finally finished Burst Angel yesterday as well after buying the first BD release a few years ago and trying to justify that purchase. Really meh...too episodic for my tastes and about twice as long as it needed to be. Meg is also one of the most useless and annoying characters I've seen recently. Asuna has nothing on her.

I was under the impression we were a mix of little girls, giant robots, Gundams, and the occasional creepy grown man.

Fixed (belatedly) :D

F3nij.jpg

cajunator

Banned

*COUGH*

Hey! I watched Jojo's Bizarre Adventure eps. 1-2 last night. Love this show's style...questionable CG backgrounds and all.

Finally finished Burst Angel yesterday as well after buying the first BD release a few years ago and trying to justify that purchase. Really meh...too episodic for my tastes and about twice as long as it needed to be. Meg is also one of the most useless and annoying characters I've seen recently. Asuna has nothing on her.

Yeah Burst angel I ended up buying but its definitely not one of my favorites. I think I marathoned it a couple of times and that was it. I like Meg though, despite her being useless.
Must be those boots.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

*COUGH*

F3nij.jpg

Gundams aren't robots!!!

Pooya

Magi - 2
That was ok, still not feeling what's happening really, don't know why.

Alibaba seems to be well educated, I wonder if that's related to his back story yet to be revealed or it's just what he said?

yami4ct

Gundams aren't robots!!!

That's an interesting point. While they aren't fully automated, they certainly have to have a ton of automation to be pilotable in the nature we see them in the shows. Simple movements are turned into complex maneuvers. We call a human operated mechanical arm a "robot arm", so I think Gundam's fit in a similar way. The aren't robots in the strictest sense, but they are almost as close as you can get.

/XX/

Whoa! Never knew Shohei Otomo (SHOHEI) followed the steps of his father doing illustrations, but using kind of different drawing instruments than his mentor:

Carhartt WIP Fall/Winter 2012 illustration ad campaign by SHOHEI - Clip 1 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bdGEX1vEng

Carhartt WIP Fall/Winter 2012 illustration ad campaign by SHOHEI - Clip 2 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeAcgPtOjPk

Carhartt WIP Fall/Winter 2012 illustration ad campaign by SHOHEI - Clip 3 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDmwmzrP1Eg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Code:Breaker 02:

JO8Vpl.jpg

I feel that this image is probably going to be representative of the entire plot.

No, seriously, what the hell is going on with Sakura's mom?

So, against all odds, I'm still enjoying this even though I shouldn't be. Even if the male cast is insufferably douchey and this is shaping up to be some really generic battle shounen with an extra dose of stupid, the music is amazing, the production qualities are solid, and I'm really partial to some of the character designs, even as derivative as they are. As you might expect, the main draw is really just Sakurakouji--because she's totally out of her depth in trying to deal with Ogami, her Mary Sue tendencies end up working to really amusing effect as she just ends up being kind of a doofus in her awkward attempts to browbeat Ogami with morality. "IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!" etc etc. She's flustered easily, is a constant source of amusing expressions, and, well, those eyes:

It's just a shame that we're going to have dumb-looking bastards like this in future episodes, diluting everyone else's screen time:

I kind of like it as just the Ogami and Sakurakouji show, but shounen gonna shounen.

Also, THIS IS HOW YOU KNOW YOU ARE DEALING WITH A VERY CRAZY PERSON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom