• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Funny you say that, because Yuuki is one of 2 characters that I actually like.

Maybe he's a good character, but I want to hang him by his own necklace.

I wish I had Herr Gauss' piercing eyes.

Your words, at least, pierce my very soul.

MangaGAF is like a fucking conference on quantum physics with orderly discussion between its members and tea-sipping. Here? Here it's like Caligula just became emperor.

Maybe now my horse's GAF account can get approved.

Geneijin

Looking at the website for mine, that seems about it. Gather every Saturday in one room and watch anime. There is also a preshow in the beginning, a half hour social break, and 2 hours of karaoke in between watching anime.
That better be a damn fine karaoke machine. Those could actually be fun!

Solune

I crave in-person deviancy, Solbro. AnimeGAF/ManGAF can longer satisfy my dark desires.

DTL didn't say, but you're totally an uke, Solune.

Dude, live blog the "surprise" show for AnimeGAF.
Wait why am I?? And who are you shipping me with??
Awww, no! I wanted my very own harem...
I can be your uke /XX/.
Katawa Crash Wiki | Main / HomePage
http://wiki.katawa-crash.org/
This is amazing, albeit kind of easier than Nanaca...
Why did I just spend the last three days rewatching all of Geass? ._.
Sounds like time well spent to me!
Look at you, trying to rationalize this.
BURN HIM.

For anyone curious as to what the commotion is about, THIS IS THE PROTAGONIST'S MOTHER.
Sakura's okaa-san > Sakura^2, real talk.
Man, post who is who in those pictures. You have the opportunity of outclassing 'Dedication Through Light's pairing game'.

Let's just fill in the blanks. /XX/ Can be the vocalist. 7th is the Mio clone.

Of course! I'm a fairly cool looking 'three-point-oh' myself...

Speaking of, I'm excited that 3.0 will be opening in about a month but depressed at the same time since I'll have to wait for the BD release to watch it. Picked up the Hon Kong release for 2.22 and will do that again unless for some reason the Japanese release has English subs.

Grzi

Rinne no Lagrange S2

I finished watching this yesterday (I actually watched most of it in the past few days) and I must say I'm pretty disappointed by the second season. While the first one was a huge surprise for me, a beautiful, quirky, fun show with some nice mecha designs and battle, this one felt really boring and uninspired. It wasn't bad actually, just painfully average on every account. The visuals suffered a huge blow as well, the first season was much prettier.

Being Chet Rippo sounds especially rough on the spine.

pta67.jpg

So how do these clubs work? They're basically just "getting" episodes and then gather people in a room to watch them?

The one at my old university was basically meet like three times a week at night, watch some episodes and then run off to the terrible Chinese fast food place for bubble milk tea.

They also organized trips to Japantown and actually are now starting to hold conventions. That's a little too much for me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Brotherfucker 02:

bC4CAl.jpg

this week's brain damage moe moment.

Well, fuck you show, because you convinced me to keep watching. Considering how utterly lazy everything about the writing is, I don't doubt that I'm foolishly setting myself up for disappointment and suffering, but the reveal that
the brother is WRITING INCEST STORIES IN HIS OWN TIME
has just that spark of potential for things to really go to hell in the most amazing way possible.

I suppose it also explains why oniichan is just kind of practicing studied nonobservance and nervously laughing off his imouto's incessant and overt demands to fuck him instead of being like "THIS IS SICK WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING STOP IT."
He's just playing it cool because, deep down, he wants it just as bad.
Dohohoho.

The entire harem is shit, so at least we have this now.

Also, this week's selection of QUALITY dialogue.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Brotherfucker 02:

Well, fuck you show, because you convinced me to keep watching. Considering how utterly lazy everything about the writing is, I don't doubt that I'm foolishly setting myself up for disappointment and suffering, but the reveal that
has just that spark of potential for things to really go to hell in the most amazing way possible.

I suppose it also explains why oniichan is just kind of practicing studied nonobservance and nervously laughing off his imouto's incessant and overt demands to fuck him instead of being like "THIS IS SICK WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING STOP IT."
Dohohoho.

Also, this week's selection of QUALITY dialogue.

I've noticed that this show has triangle mouths. Magi has rice bowls. This one has triangles. Next thing you know we're going to see square mouths.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 03

zJYpy.gif

Show continues to impress. Really enjoy their first weekend outing and the anime really does add the little extra touches well to the show. Still a great adaptation.

This episode covered all of chapter four and the early bits of chapter 5~

/XX/

I can be your uke /XX/.
You won't regret it, Solune, my love doesn't hurts... much...

Let's just fill in the blanks. /XX/ Can be the vocalist. 7th is the Mio clone.
Sorry, being a 'genki loli' isn't my forte. I'm more of the calm type myself (except when I'm with my 'uke').

Speaking of, I'm excited that 3.0 will be opening in about a month but depressed at the same time since I'll have to wait for the BD release to watch it. Picked up the Hon Kong release for 2.22 and will do that again unless for some reason the Japanese release has English subs.
Don't worry, there will be exactly 6 minutes and 38 seconds of time that will make you crave for more (and even more depressed until that digital disc release date):

NTV Roadshow to premiere first 6 mins 38 seconds of Q on Nov 16 - EvaGeeks.org
http://www.evageeks.org/2012/10/6-mins-38-sec-of-q-nov-16/

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Please forgive, I dont have some for all as some people just seem unshippable or supershippable (the ultimate ukes like tsuna) but anyway some logical and some supercrack pairings.

Hot damn, how did I miss this before?

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
SDBurton - ChetRippo
Regulus Tera - firehawk12
Ultimadrago - Envelope
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW

*Nods*

kayos90 - duckroll

You're a genius, DTL.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nonsense. It's called a Japanese Culture Club here!

Yes. It's exactly why I never bothered with the club nor my high school one in the past.
But you get to meet fellow animu nerds! It's like a con, but without the cosplay or the lines!

Do they have West Side Story-like interactions with the Chinese Culture Club?
At Toronto, there were like 5 different Chinese clubs. It was insane.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So insular.

Now they're going to create a subform inside community just to further bury AnimeGAF. Remember, kayos, with Hito gone, one small slip-up from you can be used as a pretense by the administration to vanish us all! Watch yourself.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Now they're going to create a subform inside community just to further bury AnimeGAF. Remember, kayos, with Hito gone, one small slip-up from you can be used as a pretense by the administration to vanish us all! Watch yourself.

The ship has sailed bro.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Brotherfucker 02:

Dohohoho.

They moment they revealed that tidbit I was like
"you hypocritical piece of shit!!"

Eye-patch girl isn't too bad, but the rest of them are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom