• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting point. While they aren't fully automated, they certainly have to have a ton of automation to be pilotable in the nature we see them in the shows. Simple movements are turned into complex maneuvers. We call a human operated mechanical arm a "robot arm", so I think Gundam's fit in a similar way. The aren't robots in the strictest sense, but they are almost as close as you can get.

At least in genre terms Gundams fall into the "Real Robot" classification, so I suppose it isn't inaccurate to refer to them as robots.

Lain

Sword Art Online 8-10

Nice episodes. Asuna acted a bit in a thoughtless way when she rushed to the boss, but I can't blame her. Kirito's extra skill was cool, but I almost feel like he was
cheated during that duel
End of episode 10 made me happy, they're good for each other and Kirito will get the best sandwiches ever.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online 8-10

Nice episodes. Asuna acted a bit in a thoughtless way when she rushed to the boss, but I can't blame her. Kirito's extra skill was cool, but I almost feel like he was
cheated during that duel
End of episode 10 made me happy, they're good for each other and Kirito will get the best sandwiches ever.

Good. Now watch the beginning of episode 11 and skip the rest all the way to 12. Start from 13.

I've been catching up since page 245 and don't wanna quote to much stuff,

but this list is amazing:

Seme - Uke

Cajunator - RourouniZel
novid - firemind
SDBurton - ChetRippo
TurkishEmporer - Amishpriest99
Survivor - DTL
Cwarrior - CosmicBlizzard
Regulus Tera - firehawk12
Ultimadrago - Envelope
kayos90 - duckroll
Nafe - hitokage
Branduil - Jexhius
Billiechu - BGBW
dresden - MadPierrot
Uchip - fertygo
darkside31337 - narag
Genejin - 7th
Thoraxes - KO Traveling Hobo
mAcOdIn - icarus-daedelus
dakkumauji - steroyd
oceanblue - tomat
/XX/ - articalys

No, I read it, I read it all!

People need to read it all...

real pro's learn to skim with the scroll wheel

...or at least this.

robotic;notes - 01

There was a time in my life when I would've totally dug Akiho's brand of genkiness, but watching Sora no Manimani scarred me for life and I am now unable to appreciate any sort of peppiness whatsoever.

Does it have an anime? I saw it at a bookstore and thought of buying it to train my japanese.

And a now as always when I catch up I have to go work....=____=

Until next time AnimeGaf.

cajunator

Banned
At least in genre terms Gundams fall into the "Real Robot" classification, so I suppose it isn't inaccurate to refer to them as robots.

Pretty much. When people talk about giant robots, they are 99% of the time thinking of Evangelion or Gundam. Those REPRESENT the giant robot genre whether true or not.
To the casual fan, Gundam = giant robots.

Reknoc

Look at you, trying to rationalize this.
BURN HIM.

For anyone curious as to what the commotion is about, THIS IS THE PROTAGONIST'S MOTHER.

It's like you think that our avatars aren't accurate real-life depictions of us.

I didn't even notice the mum at first when she said "father, mother", then when they huddled around her I wondered where her sister appeared from.

And yet she still didn't bother me as much as that dog.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
RKB aunt was worse.

Need pics.

I didn't even notice the mum at first when she said "father, mother", then when they huddled around her I wondered where her sister appeared from.

And yet she still didn't bother me as much as that dog.

Hey, man, the dog I understand.
It was just drawn to be extra-cute so that you'd feel even shittier when it gets tortured and killed

But the mom? That felt wrong from the first second. I mean, I know that anime can exaggerate just how revealing seifuku are, but that was an outright crop top, lol. Sakura's daddy is into some kinky shit.

7Th

I was under the impression we were a mix of little girls, giant robots, and the occasional creepy grown man.

Typical AnimeGAF meeting:
497c2381_5blarge5d5banimepaper5dscans_gakuen-utopia-manabi-straight_izayoi12__thisres__1168161.jpg

Reknoc

It's a great manga, not an anime.

You're boring.

Experience beethoven.

Hey, man, the dog I understand.
It was just drawn to be extra-cute so that you'd feel even shittier when it gets tortured and killed

But the mom? That felt wrong from the first second. I mean, I know that anime can exaggerate just how revealing seifuku are, but that was an outright crop top, lol. Sakura's daddy is into some kinky shit.

Well for better or worse the mum seemed to fit into the show, as much as anything can I guess. The dog still looks like it walked in from another show, possibly for children.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Animegaf tell me: Why should I prefer you over mangagaf?

Because we're sweet and handsome and gentle and lovely and passionate and bursting with the promise of youth. We work hard, we play hard, we love hard, we experience every emotion with a razor-sharp intensity, every beat of our heart is like thunder. We are beautiful, eternally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom