• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Also @firehawk12 I'd never understand what was so offensive about that first episode of SAO.:p

Imagine the MMO episodes of Welcome to the NHK, but instead of shitting on people who play MMOs in order to escape reality, it had the opposite message. That was SAO 1 in a nutshell.

wonzo

Banned
no friends 13
haganai13.jpg

the moral of the story is all animes should end with
mecha bl

yukimura > rika > the rest dont even matter

Jex

Yeah, I don't know why I found it particular offensive given the shittiness of anime as a whole. SAO just felt much more self-destructive than the typical "my 2d waifu won't betray me" anime that we see over and over again.

Hey man Accel World has the MMO thing and that going for it. It's even got a highschool setting!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Imagine the MMO episodes of Welcome to the NHK, but instead of shitting on people who play MMOs in order to escape reality, it had the opposite message. That was SAO 1 in a nutshell.
There's nothing wrong with playing MMOs to escape reality. If it's better than reality!

Uchip

Banned
This is the most dragged out marketing campaign I've seen in awhile. Square-Enix would be proud.

They should have just made a Deus Ex anime
would buy regardless of quality

There's nothing wrong with playing MMOs to escape reality. If it's better than reality!

but its slowly deteriorating them in reality, to the point where there definitely is something wrong.

Dynedom

Wait, so Psycho Pass and Robotics;Note are both NoitaminA?

Possible NoitaminA redemption incoming?

And at least I can set my expectations low for the new BONES show. Thanks duckroll

Branduil

Wait, so Psycho Pass and Robotics;Note are both NoitaminA?

Possible NoitaminA redemption incoming?

And at least I can set my expectations low for the new BONES show. Thanks duckroll

It didn't really need redemption after the last two seasons. This could be newtaminA killing it again though, lol.

sonicmj1

Reasons my Japanese middle school's culture festival was worse than Kanya-sai:

- Only two days
- No cooking contest
- No people cosplaying
- No fortune telling
- No Classics Club selling an anothology that sheds light on the incredible and tragic history behind the festival
- No ridiculous mystery involving someone stealing useless implements from clubs
- No badass breakdancing during the hip-hop dance
- Sitting in an auditorium listening to every class in the school do choral singing

Reason it was better than Kanya-sai:

- Infinitely more
KIMI NO NATSU NO OWARI SHOURAI NO YUME
played during a festival recap slideshow during the closing ceremonies.

wonzo

Banned
It's nothing really bad, just that the VN is extremely mediocre and close to Chaos;Head in quality rather than Steins;Gate.
Hmm, I was under the impression that the Chaos;Head VN was considered to be pretty good. Is there anything in particular that sticks out to you as being a buzzkill?

I'm asking as I keep on hearing stuff like this get brought up all the time and yet no-one actually goes into any details.

Dynedom

You mean besides Kids on the Slope(return of Watanabe), Tsuritama(Nakamura redemption), Moyashimon Returns, and Natsuyuki Rendezvous?

I saw Tsuritama, thankfully. Still haven't checked out Kids (although I mean to).

Your original comment is now making me =(

I'm assuming you watched Fate/Zero. You also should get cracking on Tsuritama.

See above.

Will check out Fats once I pick up the Blu-Rays.

Hmm, I was under the impression that the Chaos;Head VN was considered to be pretty good. Is there anything in particular that sticks out to you as being a buzzkill?

Never checked out the VN but the anime for Chaos;Head was pretty bad. Hopefully the adaptation was to blame, not the source.

Jarmel

Banned

Not that I'm aware of. Like I said, second-sources. It seems that the impressions and responses to the VN has been a let-down coming from SG.

duckroll

The only negative things I have ever heard people talking about Robotics;Notes in English is "oh I hear the Japanese fans didn't really like the VN much and said it wasn't that good", and when I press any of them for more information or specifics, it would appear that no one really knows anything about the story or why they "heard" the game was poorly received, only that it was the "vibe" from the "Japanese fans".

How informative. :p

wonzo

Banned
The only negative things I have ever heard people talking about Robotics;Notes in English is "oh I hear the Japanese fans didn't really like the VN much and said it wasn't that good", and when I press any of them for more information or specifics, it would appear that no one really knows anything about the story or why they "heard" the game was poorly received, only that it was the "vibe" from the "Japanese fans".

How informative. :p
Yeah, it's kinda annoying tbqh. :/

Never checked out the VN but the anime for Chaos;Head was pretty bad. Hopefully the adaptation was to blame, not the source.
Yeah, that's why I specifically referred to the VN as I've heard nothing but bad things about the adaptation.

Branduil

I saw Tsuritama, thankfully. Still haven't checked out Kids (although I mean to).

Your original comment is now making me =(

Don't worry, they probably won't be anywhere near as bad as Guilty Crown. But the continued lack of Psycho-Pass footage sure is ridiculous.

Articalys

Haganai OVA

Well, that was a thing I watched. I forgot how catchy the drumming was in the OP, but I also forgot how most of the characters are terrible people.
New ED song by the cast was nice, though.

All my Friends are Dead OVA

Well that was funnier than all the TV episodes, which isn't saying a ton, but it's saying something. I do love alternating perspective imagination episodes, so I enjoyed it.

Looking forward to season 2.

Jarmel

Banned
Seriously? You care about Amazon reviews?

Depends. If the reasoning is solid then I don't see why not. I've read some reviews on Amazon(US version) that were better than some blogs I've been to. The reviews in Japan for FFXIII were straight on the money before the US launch. There are times to outright dismiss them such as in Kokoro Connect's case but I'm not aware of any controversy issue with R;N to dismiss the reviews by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom