• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Went into the city for the first time in a few weeks to check out the new releases and new displays at Animate since the next season is getting ready to start.

So. Much. Magi.

IMG_1051.jpg

dat Sinbad

fertygo

Damn Aomine vs Kise in Kuroko's Basket was so damn good... season 2 announcement where the fuck are you!

Dat Aomine's reverse dunk man, its even better than some shit in NBA lol.

2nd season gonna be even more epic if they put some sakuga like in Kise vs Aomine match.

Westlo

Dat Aomine's reverse dunk man, its even better than some shit in NBA lol.

2nd season gonna be even more epic if they put some sakuga like in Kise vs Aomine match.

Last 3 episodes where hype as fuck, Aomine's a fucking beast lol.... All I can say is thank fuck the fujoshis jumped on this shit, can't wait for more, I'll probably read the manga now anyway, what chapter should I continue on from?

fertygo

Last 3 episodes where hype as fuck, Aomine's a fucking beast lol.... All I can say is thank fuck the fujoshis jumped on this shit, can't wait for more, I'll probably read the manga now anyway, what chapter should I continue on from?

Aomine is awesome as fuck because he's friggin' Wade pre the big 3 era LOLOLOL

Chapter 74

Defuser

All my friends are UNIVERSE
That was quite raunchy and disturbing which is why it was relegated to OVA. Misato Fuken shows why she is the best character ever.

Unfortunately for Sinbad,it was the lowest selling merchandise ever.

mAcOdIn

Be prepared to desire for someone to cap Rock's bitch-ass for the duration of the series. He gets a little more tolerable, though, and knowing you, you'll probably like some of the other characters (at least Balalaika.)
Balalalakia seems ok. Really I can't figure out this show. Revvy's supposed to be bad ass but Rock handles her pretty easily, so am I supposed to believe now that Rock could man handle Roberta who's shown pretty much manhandling everyone else but Revvy? And since Revvy degenerates into a childish lunatic with every newbie did Benny also have to manhandle her? Poor Revvy just folds the second a man stands up to her? Pathetic. And really that conversation pissed me off because Rock specifically mentions that now he has to suck up to a woman, lol, as if a salary-man's really a step up. That's gotta be insulting to women when you're not ok with it but you'll suck up to some wimpy pencil pushing male execs but you wont suck up to a gun wielding murderer pirate because she's a girl.

And Roberta, she's some broken shit, at least the show's self aware she's broken.

Balalaika's cool so far but they'll probably ruin her soon enough.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Be prepared to desire for someone to cap Rock's bitch-ass for the duration of the series. He gets a little more tolerable, though, and knowing you, you'll probably like some of the other characters (at least Balalaika.)
Stop with the blasphemy.. rock is the best character in black lagoon! and probably the most interesting because of the dynamic he brings to the rest of the cast. I honestly think the series would be kind of boring without him.:/

wonzo

Banned
Sengoku Collection 26 END

This was a fairly light hearted ending to a surprisingly good (yes, you heard me right!) series that pretty much ended up being the reverse Sankarea with how its first three episodes compared to the rest of the series. I enjoyed this so much that I'll definitely buy it if it ever gets a western BD release.

Goddamn, I really want a second season of this. It's over ;_;

Oh well, I'll read the interview with the production staff someone posted earlier and write up my half-arsed summaries of each episode and wether or not they're worth watching soon.

Jex

Stop with the blasphemy.. rock is the best character in black lagoon! and probably the most interesting because of the dynamic he brings to the rest of the cast. I honestly think the series would be kind of boring without him.:/

This isn't Mac's first or last blasphemy. This shouldn't come as a surprise to you! He hates Jinto too.

Grzi

Binbougami Ga was pretty good, Campione was crap (still a bit better than Estetica and Arcana Famiglia), Oda Nobuna was pretty bad but it looked good and had cool character designs.

That's it, gotta go. Peace out guys.

mAcOdIn

This isn't Mac's first or last blasphemy. This shouldn't come as a surprise to you! He hates Jintor too.

At least Icarus shares in my blasphemous ideals, Rock sucks. Jinto does suck. Tessa sucks. This Jintor fellow also probably sucks. I hate them all.

But anyways back to Rock, look at it this way, if I were Rock, which I'm not because I don't hate myself, but if I were, no I wouldn't want to be Revvy's or anyone elses bitch but I also wouldn't join kidnapping, murdering, thieving pirates if I had a problem with what they do nor spout hypocritical lines all the time while partaking in those activities. If I were Revvy I wouldn't give two shits if Rock was a meek little bitch around me but I'd be damned if I'd be the first person who wasn't his master, nothing personal he just picked a bad time to grow some balls.

But while it seems I'm hating on Rock, which I am, keep in mind that I really hate Revvy then, because in that episode they basically made her an emotionally unhinged 14 year old submissive bitch with a pair of guns. I get mental whiplash trying to follow her character progression from scene to scene, at least Rock's just constantly a bitch, I don't know what Revvy is.

I do agree the show wouldn't really work without him but surely they could have tweaked him a bit.

Jex

At least Icarus shares in my blasphemous ideals, Rock sucks. Jinto does suck. Tessa sucks. This Jintor fellow also probably sucks. I hate them all.

But anyways back to Rock, look at it this way, if I were Rock, which I'm not because I don't hate myself, but if I were, no I wouldn't want to be Revvy's or anyone elses bitch but I also wouldn't join kidnapping, murdering, thieving pirates if I had a problem with what they do nor spout hypocritical lines all the time while partaking in those activities. If I were Revvy I wouldn't give two shits if Rock was a meek little bitch around me but I'd be damned if I'd be the first person who wasn't his master, nothing personal he just picked a bad time to grow some balls.

But while it seems I'm hating on Rock, which I am, keep in mind that I really hate Revvy then, because in that episode they basically made her an emotionally unhinged 14 year old submissive bitch with a pair of guns. I get mental whiplash trying to follow her character progression from scene to scene, at least Rock's just constantly a bitch, I don't know what Revvy is.

I do agree the show wouldn't really work without him but surely they could have tweaked him a bit.

It's been too long :)

Jarmel

Banned
DAMN at that music. This score is going to be phenomenal.

As for the CG; it's weird in that some shots, the gun is CG and in others it's just 2D.

Jarmel

Banned
I actually don't get Blade Runner vibes off the PV. I think it's more reminiscent of GITS than anything else. The city also looks closer to Guilty Crown than I expected especially the shot at 0:32.

I really really love the visual effects from the Dominator when it's used. The gunshot sound is also kinda nice.

I also can see traces of Shiotani's directing style such as the shot at 1:03.

Animation looks solid, despite the awkward hand + gun shot.

I'm just really psyched (lol) for what looks to maybe be a legitimately well-written scifi series. Those are hard to come by these days.

Fingers crossed.

Jex

I actually don't get Blade Runner vibes off the PV. I think it's more reminiscent of GITS than anything else. The city also looks closer to Guilty Crown than I expected especially the shot at 0:32.
I agree with you on this. The cityscape in Blade Runner is dirtier, smoggier, less high-tech - more like a slum.

/XX/

Oh dayumn.

Definitely feeling the Blade Runner-esque aesthetics.
I know it pays homage to that and many other originative sources, but all I could think after seeing the attitude of the character Tomomi Masaoka is... he could be a perfectly fine JUNKER's 'Runner'! Specially after checking out SDATCHER recently. Damn you, Mr. Kojima!

duckroll

I'm kinda disappointed that the PV doesn't show off one aspect of the city which is supposed to be a major visual point in the series. The semi-flooded decaying city which we see glimpses of is how it "really is" apparently, while the really shiny and "perfect" looking utopia is mostly augmented with holograms. I was hoping for some daytime scenes showing the majesty of the holographic illusion, but when everything shown is at night in the rain, it all kinda looks the same.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
PSYCHO-PASS looks really cool. The kind of anime series I've wanted to see in a while. It's been so long since we had a show of it's type. I think the last one we had was DtB and Ergo proxy lol.

Also like the hipster-as-fuck OP song.

/XX/

ANIMEMIRAI official website was updated some hours ago, with more information on the staff for each short:

アニメミライ[ animemirai ]
http://animemirai.jp/index.html

I'm going to focus now on Little Witch Academia (http://animemirai.jp/2013/works/trigger.html), because I find funny that recent traitors defectors from GAiNAX like Hisao Dendo (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42445724&postcount=14530) not only are in this, but still need training at TRIGGER Inc., from previous peers at this other said studio.

Tizoc

new thread already huh?
Based off the OP I'll check these out-
From the New World
Magi
Psycho-Pass
Code Geass: Akito the Exiled
Usogui
...and of course JoJo: WHERE'S THE ANIME OT, GOD'S BEARD?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom