• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

I cry a lot when I hear music and I feel like the ending was basically playing off that for me. I think this is one of the most personally moving endings I've ever seen for anything for me.
Guess who

I saw your edit.
I didn't forget about you :(
It was an attempt at a poor joke, so I revised it into another bad joke. Don't worry about it~

I also know you're the threads go to guy as far as headphones are related. I didn't forget.
Hot

So my anime club is watching No. 6

First episode seemed good. Does it remain so?

No.6 is fun anime, that I appreciated more and more after rewatching it and then reading its manga. And fortunately both the Blu ray and the manga was licensed it here. Ignoring the awful Safu, Shion/Nezumi are possibly my favorite duo from last year.

Usopp? Unshippable? That is not what many 'dōjin' told me!

tumblr_ljhqz0hrvw1qiwwwgo1_500.png

Its not that usopp isnt unshippable, I mean, in an AU setting hes a fine character with Luffy though he's just like fourth tier with luffy after, ace, zoro, sabo. The girls are unshippable.

Narag

Kaiji 13

Too much tension! Far too much tension :(
Character animation seemed super nice this ep too. Far better than what I'm used to out of the show.

Infinite Ryvius 2

That certainly explained some stuff, most notably the backstory of the setting. But Jexhius' statement that it explained "everything" is a wild exaggeration.

Which means that the Magi anime is a failure, since the whole point of having an adaptation like this airing on a high-profile timeslot is to attract new fans and boost the manga sales.
I don't know if it's fair to call it a failure two episodes in, especially when you're going to reduce the "point" of it to manga advertisement.
Don't trust mAc on Black Lagoon!
I sure hope he's wrong, because I secretly added Black Lagoon to my cart while you were coercing me into buying that Serial Experiments Lain box.

Typical AnimeGAF meeting:
497c2381_5blarge5d5banimepaper5dscans_gakuen-utopia-manabi-straight_izayoi12__thisres__1168161.jpg
This is strangely accurate ....

Brotherfucker 02:
Well, fuck you show, because you convinced me to keep watching. Considering how utterly lazy everything about the writing is, I don't doubt that I'm foolishly setting myself up for disappointment and suffering, but the reveal that
the brother is WRITING INCEST STORIES IN HIS OWN TIME
has just that spark of potential for things to really go to hell in the most amazing way possible.

I suppose it also explains why oniichan is just kind of practicing studied nonobservance and nervously laughing off his imouto's incessant and overt demands to fuck him instead of being like "THIS IS SICK WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING STOP IT."
He's just playing it cool because, deep down, he wants it just as bad.
Dohohoho.

The entire harem is shit, so at least we have this now.
I have to agree ..everything is lazy and lack either finesse or just jokes that are actuallly funny.i would have probably dropped this anime without the reveal too ...but they probably won't use this plot point untill the end ... sadface.jpg

As usual, another beautiful boxset from NISA:

It does seem that it has locked English subtitles, though.
i'm very happy .

I got otome youkai zakuro NISA boxset and i was pleasantly surprised ..so much that i got the natsume book of friend set ... the right amount of goodies , for a fair price ..i like it ...

Narag

Magi 2

I was tempted to drop this after the impressions but gave this a shot. Guess I'll hold off onto that decision until next week as I liked this one The dungeon was a lot more fun than I expected.

It's still flawed however as I have little idea as to what the motivations for the cast are aside for Ali Baba and the dungeon felt strangely abbreviated as well. On that note, it still feels like Ali Baba's story despite reading in here Aladdin is the actual main. Maybe that's how they're handling the adaptation itself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Going back a bit, because I like to talk about SnW.
I cry a lot when I hear music and I feel like the ending was basically playing off that for me. I think this is one of the most personally moving endings I've ever seen for anything for me.
I do like how AMAZING FUCKING GRACE is a trope. lol

This show deserves another season.
I think it 13 ended it at the perfect place. It's a :firehawk ending of epic proportions!

Don't mind. Just think of it as fireworks.
:firehawk
Let's celebrate the passing of summer together!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I thought it was a universal fact that the first four episodes of idolm@ster are shit.

I certainly thought they were.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sword Art Online 15:

ARE YOU SERIOUS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The series of shameless contrivances leading into the new arc is just magical. Let's break it down:

- Asuna is still unconscious because reasons. Kirito suspects Kayaba even though the dude totally leveled with the both of them in the previous episode.

- the new villain? ASUNA'S BOYFRIEND. Who, of course, can't just be some dude that she was already engaged to, but the creepiest smarmy molester dude possible because anyone else who could possibly ever love Asuna other than Kirito has to be the embodiment of ugliness and perversion and patriarchal control. He licked his fucking lips unironically to express just how evil and creepy he is.

- HE IS GOING TO MARRY ASUNA WHILE SHE IS STILL UNCONSCIOUS. And her father is okay with this.

- oh, and this guy? Just happens to be the guy IN CHARGE OF KEEPING THE SAO SERVERS UP AND RUNNING so that he can conveniently dangle the threat of deleting Asuna's consciousness over Kirito should he attempt to interfere with the wedding.

- and on top of this particular romantic predicament? Kirito's imouto incest subplot what the fuck. No, seriously. WHAT. And she's being presented as a legitimate romantic alternative to Asuna.

- except they're really lolcousins because that's how these incest stories work. Do otaku ever get the real thing, even in the trashiest of trashy LNs?

- and now Kirito's princess is in another castle and he has to dive in and save her in less than a week so she can refuse her fucking disturbing coma marriage to Creeper-san. THAT'S THE PLOT.

It's kind of hard for me to take all of this in. I mean, this is some pretty special stuff.

Also didn't realize that Kirito was so 1%, but damn his home is spacious and well-equipped. I guess everyone who picked up a NerveGear at launch was probably 1% given what the thing probably costs. Just look at Asuna's dad.

Soma

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 03

iJTSB43sQXh7l.png
ibkYsKyZwRJI1r.png

This whole scene was amazing.

Well since Shinsekai Yori is sure taking its sweet time getting through things (while still being very enjoyable and well directed mind you) this show has pretty much become my favorite of the season thus far. Three solid episodes in a row. Great character interactions, a vibrant colorful art direction, fun humor, and a likable cast of main characters. There's something very "feel good" about this show. Looks like things are about to get a bit more complicated with the introduction of
Haru's brother
. I'm looking forward to how things transpire in the next episode.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sword Art Online 15:

ARE YOU SERIOUS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The series of shameless contrivances leading into the new arc is just magical. Let's break it down:

- Asuna is still unconscious because reasons. Kirito suspects Kayaba even though the dude totally leveled with the both of them in the previous episode.

- the new villain? ASUNA'S BOYFRIEND. Who, of course, can't just be some dude that she was already engaged to, but the creepiest smarmy molester dude possible because anyone else who could possibly ever love Asuna other than Kirito has to be the embodiment of ugliness and perversion and patriarchal control. He licked his fucking lips unironically to express just how evil and creepy he is.

- HE IS GOING TO MARRY ASUNA WHILE SHE IS STILL UNCONSCIOUS. And her father is okay with this.

- oh, and this guy? Just happens to be the guy IN CHARGE OF KEEPING THE SAO SERVERS UP AND RUNNING so that he can conveniently dangle the threat of deleting Asuna's consciousness over Kirito should he attempt to interfere with the wedding.

- and on top of this particular romantic predicament? Kirito's imouto incest subplot what the fuck. No, seriously. WHAT. And she's being presented as a legitimate romantic alternative to Asuna.

- except they're really lolcousins because that's how these incest stories work. Do otaku ever get the real thing, even in the trashiest of trashy LNs?

- and now Kirito's princess is in another castle and he has to dive in and save her in less than a week so she can refuse her fucking disturbing coma marriage to Creeper-san. THAT'S THE PLOT.

It's kind of hard for me to take all of this in. I mean, this is some pretty special stuff.

Also didn't realize that Kirito was so 1%, but damn his home is spacious and well-equipped. I guess everyone who picked up a NerveGear at launch was probably 1% given what the thing probably costs. Just look at Asuna's dad.

The level of contrived plots in this show is pretty staggering.

I haven't read any of the manga yet but while the second picture's scene is right after the first, I didn't think it was that bad as I thought it was a scene change with a cutaway from one location to the next. In the first shot they were at the little side alcove where Aladdin and Alibaba were and the guy asked them to come along and then in the second shot they were further along in the dungeon faced with a trial/puzzle. I just saw it as a quick scene skip.

Even right at the beginning of the episode you see Aladdin on Ugo, a camera change and then another camera change with Aladdin suddenly on the ground. I don't recall hearing any sound effect to signify Ugo had returned to Aladdin's flute but I figured it was easy enough to figure out that's what happened. It kind of looked a little weird without having it animated but not really a big deal either.

I think he means the fact the blood is missing.

One Piece 49

No, god damn it. No more
Buggy
! Zoro's pretty conflicted too. He ought to post a thread on gaf.
Respect for Zoro not giving a fuck about a cursed sword either. What a boss.
Ep kinda sucked but him getting his swords got me pumped. :lol

You're coming up on the first few filler episodes. You SURE you don't want to skip them?

Dresden

Sword Art Online 15:

From what I've seen of the gifs, Yosuga no Sora definitely gets there.
And Koi Kaze.

I don't even know who I am anymore.

Am I gonna be one of those people on pixiv looking up The Idolm@ster art? Will I become the Idolm@ster?

Only time will tell.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
It's... it's true...

I thought I could trust you, icarus. Maybe I was just selfish. Why would I expect you to love incredibly over-the-top cheese? Rather silly of me, isn't it? Ha. Hahaha. Ha.

I... I should go... ;_;
Man, reading through that is depressing, since it reminds me of when macodin was a regular poster in the animu threads.;_;
Did you have similar sentiments with GITS: SAC?
Kinda, I actually enjoy GITS SAC, but moribito probably has kamiyama worst traits as a director in full force methinks.. plus it's also boring as I said before~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom