• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
My Little Monster 3
tonari3.jpg

This felt "cheaper" than the last two episodes but it's still fun as hell.
I'm guessing that guy's his older brother or something.

School Days 1

Does this show actually go anywhere, or should I just cut my losses and stop now?
NO, keep on going.

School Days 1

Uh.. okay.. let me see if I got this.

0.Guy sees girl on train
1.Guy likes girl on train
2.Guy takes a picture of girl on train because some stupid urban myth
3.Other girl see picture on guy's cell phone. Other girl makes friends with first girl solely so that she can have guy meet her
4.Second girl sets up lunch between her, first girl, and guy.Second girl pretends to go to bathroom to leave first girl alone with guy
5.Guy tells second girl he plans on asking out first girl
6.Guy asks out first girl; she accepts
7.First girl admits to second girl that she already had crush on guy, thanks second girl for her services
8.Guy meets second girl while waiting for train, thanks her, tells her he'll make it up to her however she wants
9.Second girl.......kisses guy on lips and is seen crying on the train ride home

In the words of a wiser man than I, "What the fuck is this shit?!"

And seriously, I've never paused something so many times in my life. Putting up with the stupid was... quite the herculean task.

Does this show actually go anywhere, or should I just cut my losses and stop now?

Also, I had trouble spoiler tagging this as a list. Is there a way to do that?
You have embarked on a great journey. Do Not falter from this path.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
School Days 1

0.Guy sees girl on train
3.Other girl see picture on guy's cell phone. Other girl makes friends with first girl solely so that she can have guy meet her
4.Second girl sets up lunch between her, first girl, and guy.Second girl pretends to go to bathroom to leave first girl alone with guy
7.First girl admits to second girl that she already had crush on guy, thanks second girl for her services
8.Guy meets second girl while waiting for train, thanks her, tells her he'll make it up to her however she wants
9.Second girl.......kisses guy on lips and is seen crying on the train ride home

And seriously, I've never paused something so many times in my life. Putting up with the stupid was... quite the herculean task.

Your experience is typical! Persevere, and it will pay enormous dividends.

About the spoiler issue, the spoiler tags are incompatible with some other tags, and unfortunately it looks like this applies to the list tags. Your list looks fine as it is so no worries.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I just don't understand what's funny. Please, explain (even though the humour is already ruined).

It's funny for most because folks have been asking DTL for it and weren't sure if he would make the list. A lot of the humor is in the pairings too. It's all in good fun.

Still not even sure how I made it on the list or the reasoning being my pairing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's funny for most because folks have been asking DTL for it and weren't sure if he would make the list. A lot of the humor is in the pairings too. It's all in good fun.

Still not even sure how I made it on the list or the reasoning being my pairing.
The less I know about DTL's fetishes the better.

Syrinx

So, I should apparently soldier of. This is going to be be a long, arduous journey. I can tell.

This better be worth it, guys.

cajunator

Banned
Nah, the thread was just too gaygaf/full of homolust for me... so I just left to sleep.

Something you need to know about animeGaf is that about 75% of what we post in here has some level of sarcasm about it. Theres really nothing wrong with homolust of either gender, but in this case its more just something DTL did for fun. Personally I'm not a fan of yaoi I just found the pairings to be entertaining.
The majority of people here arent even the hopeless basement dwelling type to begin with. at least theyll never admit to such. However Ill readily admit my own room looks like an Otakuden, albeit a clean one.

Nah, the thread was just too gaygaf/full of homolust for me... so I just left to sleep.

I am feeling bad :(

My Little Monster 3
tumblr_mby8gki3eo1r60zuio1_500.gif

Awesome episode. The plot points I wanted were taken care of covered.
Friendship with the others finally restored
and Sasayan is a cool addition. I think its an enjoyable series and am looking forward to what the rest of the cast will contribute. Haru was great as usual, both key scenes.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Something you need to know about animeGaf is that about 75% of what we post in here has some level of sarcasm about it. Theres really nothing wrong with homolust of either gender, but in this case its more just something DTL did for fun. Personally I'm not a fan of yaoi I just found the pairings to be entertaining.

You can say that because you got to be the seme. Baka!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sora no Woto 8-13 [END]

Decided to wrap this up today before I continued onward with Hidamari Sketchx365 and Shin Koihime Musou. Besides the memorable characters and setting, the music had always been a powerful element that not only aided in the story telling but drew out the necessary emotion for every scene it accompanied. "Relique abandonée" probably has to be my favorite song out of the already stellar soundtrack. Its inclusion in episode 7 during the Festival of Lights made that scene so much more emotional than it would have been without it. It's been awhile since I've last watched this show, and yet the fact that I can still recall that specific scene just goes to show how powerful music can be (
something Kanata later demonstrates in episode 12
).

A truly enjoyable series and definitely one I'd recommend checking out.

(
Was hoping for a NoelxAisha, KanataxRio ending.
>:I)

wsippel

Banned
School Days 1

0.Guy sees girl on train

Just watch the last episode. Or the nice boat. The latter is objectively better. But I guess it's already too late for you...

It never ceases to amaze me how cruel AnimeGAF is, and how they manage to make people watch this piece of shit time and time again. It's obvious why they do it (to make others suffer like they did), but I don't understand how they do it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It never ceases to amaze me how cruel AnimeGAF is, and how they manage to make people watch this piece of shit time and time again. It's obvious why they do it (to make others suffer like they did), but I don't understand how they do it.
We don't "do" it. We let others do it to themselves.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Just watch the last episode. Or the nice boat. The latter is objectively better. But I guess it's already too late for you...
Again, the last episode doesn't work without all the build-up from the other eleven episodes.
How will a kid learn how to swim if you don't throw him to the water?

Cwarrior

The problem isn't tropes/cliches but the execution of said tropes/cliches. It's something that Gintama excels at.

I'm speaking as someone who's seen the first 50-something episodes of Bleach, read the manga until the end of the Soul Society Arc, read Naruto up until after the timeskip when the sand dude (i think his name was gaara or something?) got kidnapped in one of the dumbest ways possible and watched the first 110 episodes of One Piece and read some 440 chapters of the manga when I say that the 140 episodes I've seen of Gintama are better than all three of them. Who died and gave you the right to talk down on others when it comes to shounen series?

Pathetic attempt to derail the point, it doesn't matter what I think or you think is better that wasn't what the conversations was about, it's irrelevant.

You tried to call me out for recommending one piece by calling it tropey as hell, at the same time it's ironic your recommending the mother of all shounen tropes abusers gintama.

Gintama episodic/arc episodes are based around common tropes, it may be self aware where it loves to point out the trope by having one the characters comment on it or take it to the extreme by making jokes around it but then it goes on to follow the very trope its mocking to the T, so it ain't any better then the trope it's mocking when it continues to follow it.

Fact gintama is more tropey then one piece, gintama runs on tropes.

Next time hold your tongue and look at the race horse your pimping before you comment on mine.

Oh yeah envelope Your a small time troll, I see you jumping people at the very mentions of one piece with some half ass comments like "it sucks" , you don't have the balls to get into a proper conversations cause you know your full of shit so it's easy to hide within the hive mind and spout some random shit, you don't have half the balls of a man like Phoenician_Viking whose not afraid to get into full blown conversations about his dislike of one piece/and why in the manga thread even knowing it's an unpopular opinion.

If your going to troll, troll harder.

There may be those who would stray you from your path. Do not listen for they cannot know what you'll know. Will never see what you'll see. Have faith in those who came before and persevered through the hardship to see the unspoiled mountaintop.

In one of my episode impressions, I referred to it as
"literally the worst show I've ever watched"
but at the same time I legitimately enjoyed it and felt it was worthwhile for its unique perspective on the harem genre. The schadenfreude of watching others suffer through it is undeniably delicious, but that's only a fortunate byproduct of my recommending it -- not the primary motivation.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Pathetic attempt to derail the point, it doesn't matter what I think or you think is better that wasn't what the conversations was about and it's irrelevant.

You tried to call me out for recommending one piece by calling it tropey as hell, at the same time it's ironic your recommending the mother of all shounen tropes abusers gintama.

Gintama episodic/arc episodes are based around common tropes, it may be self aware where it loves to point out the trope by having one the characters comment on it or take it to the extreme by making jokes around it but then it goes on to follow the very trope its mocking to The T, so it ain't any better then the trope it's mocking when it just done just that.

Fact gintama is more tropey then one piece.

Next to time hold your tongue and look at the race horse your pimping before you comment on mine.

Oh yeah envelope Your a small time troll, I see you jumping people at the very mentions of one piece with some half ass comments like "it sucks" , you don't have the balls to get into a proper conversations cause you know your full of shit so it's easy to hide within the hive mind and say spout some random shit, you don't have half the balls of a man like Phoenician_Viking whose not afraid to get into full blown conversations about his dislike of one piece in the manga thread even knowing it's an unpopular opinion.
lol

third rate big one

wsippel

Banned
There may be those who would stray you from your path. Do not listen for they cannot know what you'll know. Will never see what you'll see. Have faith in those who came before and persevered through the hardship to see the unspoiled mountaintop.
This particular mountaintop is neither unspoiled nor very pretty.

cajunator

Banned
A seme is a giver, an uke is a taker.

Yeah...umm...I kind of thought that might have been what it meant.
DTL you are legendary man.

The show is honestly bad, but its genuinely interesting to watch and has a nongeneric outcome. Sometimes terrible shows provide the same entertainment value as a good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom