• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sword Art Online 15:

ARE YOU SERIOUS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The series of shameless contrivances leading into the new arc is just magical. Let's break it down:

- and now Kirito's princess is in another castle and he has to dive in and save her in less than a week so she can refuse her fucking disturbing coma marriage to Creeper-san. THAT'S THE PLOT.

It's even better when you realise that
technically that may not even be her since avatars are your own creation. Someone else could jave just coincidently made an avatar that looks similar to her and Kirito will risk his life on a gamble. Take into account it was a heavily compressed screenshot so basically he just saw a girl with long red hair.

sonicmj1

Man, reading through that is depressing, since it reminds me of when macodin was a regular poster in the animu threads.;_;

Kinda, I actually enjoy GITS SAC, but moribito probably has kamiyama worst traits as a director in full force methinks.. plus it's also boring as I said before~

I don't miss some parts of it.

A Black Falcon said:
mAcOdIn said:
I don't care about past works, or anything like that, it's like that stupid analogy "if a tree falls in the forest and no one's around does it make a sound," if there's a plot but it's not shown to the viewer is there really a plot?
I agree that "if a tree falls in the forest and no one's around does it make a sound" is stupid, but what, now you're even denying that people can have common themes in their works or something? I mean, I know you already said that people should not take popular opinion, popularity (or unpopularity), or anything else into consideration when looking at something but only their own thoughts, so this isn't exactly surprising, but yeah, I can't agree with either. I mean, you do have points on both issues; yes, people can indeed see things that aren't there because they expect them to be there from other works from the same person, popular opinion, or whatever. True. But that doesn't make those things valuable anyway. There's just as much positive as negative there.

I mean, in this case specifically, of course people don't always do the same things in different stories or shows or whatever that they make, but the fact that people often have similar themes across their works is pretty clearly true. Yes, it can lead to people expecting something that may not happen or may not be there, but at least as often, or more often, it'll be accurate in some way.

But of course, the debate in literature about how far you should look into a story beyond the words that are on the page is of course an old one. Most of the time however criticism and analysis definitely do not stop with just what is seen or read. You clearly dislike that, but I think it's okay, mostly. I do agree that going too far into trying to imagine aspects of a story which aren't shown certainly can and will lead to a lot of speculation, but if

On the other hand, you know, English was never one of my favorite subjects. So much "Read this and then try to analyze it way past what is written"... sometimes it's interesting and suggests things that the writer may not have thought of, but other times it does seem like it's writing more into it than was there. But both sides of that are true in different cases, so I would not agree with you that it's an issue to that degree, just to less of one. :)

Like, I'm baffled as to how this reply got formed.

Gintama 136

MTcID.jpg

Finding an apartment in Edo must be near next to impossible.

NOBORU

Kagami

Rinne no Lagrange S2

I finished watching this yesterday (I actually watched most of it in the past few days) and I must say I'm pretty disappointed by the second season. While the first one was a huge surprise for me, a beautiful, quirky, fun show with some nice mecha designs and battle, this one felt really boring and uninspired. It wasn't bad actually, just painfully average on every account. The visuals suffered a huge blow as well, the first season was much prettier.
I'm about to watch the last 5 episodes of this today.
Everyone's been pretty down on it in this thread, but so far I've enjoyed season 2 about the same as the first season. Nothing extraordinary, but the fact I'm still watching it means I like it better than most shows.
Am I about to enter the part where it gets bad? (Previous episode was the end of an arc.)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Nice to see you caught up. Please join us for SAOturdays!

Better late than never.

Well, truthfully, better never than late, but...uhh...better never than late than never...or something.

From what I've seen of the gifs, Yosuga no Sora definitely gets there.
And Koi Kaze.

*makes a list*

I don't even know who I am anymore.

Am I gonna be one of those people on pixiv looking up The Idolm@ster art? Will I become the Idolm@ster?

Only time will tell.

I guess this means it's time to ask the important question: what team are you on?

It's even better when you realise that
technically that may not even be her since avatars are your own creation. Someone else could jave just coincidently made an avatar that looks similar to her and Kirito will risk his life on a gamble. Take into account it was a heavily compressed screenshot so basically he just saw a girl with long red hair.

Me likey. c'mon troll end

Kingdom 20
tumblr_mbyjf8lYja1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Dont even know what Im watching anymore
Lord Changwen, Wang Yi is his lover? what even
. Truly a Wang of a joke indeed.

The new ED is alright though I already miss the old one, the song grew on me Voice of my soul...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bored.

1. SSY
2. Kaibutsu
3. Chu2
4. Kamisama
5. Akito
6. Robotics;Notes
7. SAO
8. Idiot's Guide to Shakespeare Quotes
9. Minority Runner

Haly

Here's why there's no reason for me to watch JoJo:

1) I've read the manga
2) The anime can't compare to the Stardust Crusaders OVA

Therefore, it has no chance of being worth my time.

Haly

Oh, they also completely fucked up translating Araki's style to anime.

jman2050

My Little Monster 02

Taiga who?

Oh hell naw.

Shizuku is cool though

My Little Monster 3

I was afraid of how they would follow up the end of the last episode, but things went better than I expected. A couple new characters (I'm getting love rival vibes from Yamaken) and a fun storyline culminating in an interesting role reversal.

My only real complaint is the animation this episode was pretty questionable, but it's a minor quibble. Still my favorite show of the season so far.

Syrinx

School Days 1

Uh.. okay.. let me see if I got this.

0.Guy sees girl on train
1.Guy likes girl on train
2.Guy takes a picture of girl on train because some stupid urban myth
3.Other girl see picture on guy's cell phone. Other girl makes friends with first girl solely so that she can have guy meet her
4.Second girl sets up lunch between her, first girl, and guy.Second girl pretends to go to bathroom to leave first girl alone with guy
5.Guy tells second girl he plans on asking out first girl
6.Guy asks out first girl; she accepts
7.First girl admits to second girl that she already had crush on guy, thanks second girl for her services
8.Guy meets second girl while waiting for train, thanks her, tells her he'll make it up to her however she wants
9.Second girl.......kisses guy on lips and is seen crying on the train ride home

In the words of a wiser man than I, "What the fuck is this shit?!"

And seriously, I've never paused something so many times in my life. Putting up with the stupid was... quite the herculean task.

Does this show actually go anywhere, or should I just cut my losses and stop now?

Also, I had trouble spoiler tagging this as a list. Is there a way to do that?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
School Days 1

0.Guy sees girl on train
3.Other girl see picture on guy's cell phone. Other girl makes friends with first girl solely so that she can have guy meet her
4.Second girl sets up lunch between her, first girl, and guy.Second girl pretends to go to bathroom to leave first girl alone with guy
7.First girl admits to second girl that she already had crush on guy, thanks second girl for her services
8.Guy meets second girl while waiting for train, thanks her, tells her he'll make it up to her however she wants
9.Second girl.......kisses guy on lips and is seen crying on the train ride home

And seriously, I've never paused something so many times in my life. Putting up with the stupid was... quite the herculean task.

Does this show actually go anywhere, or should I just cut my losses and stop now?

Another day, another victim.

cajunator

Banned
I'm laughing at this just like I laugh watching Nichijou.

I don't

Welcome back! Thought you had left.

School Days 1

0.Guy sees girl on train

Oh....it definitely goes somewhere :D
Just watch it all. Its not that long.
I'll just say, there are lots of tedious melodrama animes, but only one School Days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom