• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsippel

Banned
The show is honestly bad, but its genuinely interesting to watch and has a nongeneric outcome. Sometimes terrible shows provide the same entertainment value as a good show.
Watching a lot of genuinely bad shows, I can agree in general - but I still couldn't or wouldn't recommend this particular show to anyone.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I know that feel ;~;

Oh I know you were jumping out of your seat just like I did when
Kanata said to Rio "Is it okay if I accompany you forever?".
We got robbed.

And what
Noel wrote for her dream, I thought that was referring to Aisha for a second
. Double robbed!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pitcher/catcher, etc.

Moreover, in like 99% of cases I have seen, seme is the manly butch man who convinces the initially unwilling effeminate uke boy that he really wants it - through the power of his penis. Who needs conversation when you've got one of those? None can resist the cock.
Well, I am pretty hairy... and now I'm envisioning firehawk as a shota.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The show is honestly bad, but its genuinely interesting to watch and has a nongeneric outcome. Sometimes terrible shows provide the same entertainment value as a good show.
School Days is a well-crafted show that accomplishes the goals it sets itself for at the beginning. Just because it falls outside many people's comfort zone doesn't mean it's bad.
Oh, so that's your tastes
No, I like industrious but timid girls with pigtails.

firehawk you better do your hair

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Moreover, in like 99% of cases I have seen, seme is the manly butch man who convinces the initially unwilling effeminate uke boy that he really wants it - through the power of his penis. Who needs conversation when you've got one of those? None can resist the cock.
Hey that's not true. Most of the time, the seme is just as slim and girly as the uke, just taller and more forceful. Unless you read bara, which targets a different audience entirely!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yeah, seriously. I thought she was asking for a bride.

That boob grab meant something, damnit!

Screencaped and burned into the back of my head so I'll never forget it.

In my head, Noel wants to become a pretty bride for Aisha. #PerfectEnding

wsippel

Banned
School Days is a well-crafted show that accomplishes the goals it sets itself for at the beginning. Just because it falls outside many people's comfort zone doesn't mean it's bad.
The same could be said for Urotsukidoji, my personal trial by fire nearly 20 years ago. Doesn't mean I would recommend it to anyone.

Nafe

I feel ashamed. lol

We need a K-On!!! with Yuu Kobayashi voicing one of the university girls.

It was an attempt at a poor joke, so I revised it into another bad joke. Don't worry about it~

Ok. I was actually wondering where you went. I wasn't sure if you were just taking a break from anime or just busy or something.

I think he means the fact the blood is missing

Ah, right. I didn't notice that with the first picture being dark. I thought it was the fact that Mor was holding onto Aladdin and then suddenly the big guy was carrying him.

Haha, I remember this. So many people reacting with "Whoa..."

Tonari no Reaction Faces 3

This is so much fun to watch.

Yeah, agreed. The reaction faces are so great in this.

Haly

Well I never
actually read any of it*, so I only have the written descriptions and terribly-drawn fanart crafted by my fujosh friends in high school to go off of

I guess I could also be accidentally blending my limited knowledge of yoai with real life types like bears & twinks in my head. Dunno.
It's possible! Although there are a lot of large men in yaoi, I wouldn't call them butch.

Maybe your fujoshi friends are like Ohno from Genshiken.
iwhAFKD8HlPR6.jpg

(There is a subset of yaoi where it's usually some buff guy with a buff kid or two buff kids. Tsukumo Gou comes to mind.)

El Sloth

Banned
I'm so happy seeing people discussing and enjoying Tonari no Kaibutstu-kun now that it's animated. I had tried a few times to get people in the manga thread to do the same, but failed pretty miserably. Maybe I just wasn't aggressive enough about it.

Some people just think of it as an okay series, but it's probably one of my favorite at this point. I just find myself with a big smile on my face the whole time when reading a chapter.

Praise Robico~
This is merely a phase. Soon you will return with open arms to Taiga's good graces.
Taiga wasn't even the best girl of her own series.

Shizuku bodies her for free.

Haly

I would imagine that would fall under bara since it has beefy guys and such.
Oh, that makes sense I guess. It really isn't the same as typical yaoi stories cause BOTH parties are usually clumsy and awkward.

What is this "Tiger and Bunny" thing all about and is it any good?

Super hero series. It's a lot of fun but the writing falls apart in the last few episodes IMO. Still worth a watch though. I really dug the characters.

About School Days. I don't think the way things progress or the speed at which it happens makes any real sense, but I do think it's worth watching. It's an interesting case of a story trying to push some boundaries even if it doesn't really succeed at doing it in a logical way.

cajunator

Banned
It's possible! Although there are a lot of large men in yaoi, I wouldn't call them butch.

Maybe your fujoshi friends are like Ohno from Genshiken.
iwhAFKD8HlPR6.jpg

(There is a subset of yaoi where it's usually some buff guy with a buff kid or two buff kids. Tsukumo Gou comes to mind.)

I saw an avatar gif once that said "uke attack!" Now I know what it means. Although based on...errr....newfound knowledge wouldn't it more properly be "seme attack"?

Uchip

Banned
What is this "Tiger and Bunny" thing all about and is it any good?

If you like superhero shows like X-Men I guess
Its like that but with an advertising twist which I guess makes it more unique
and strong adult lead characters are rare, but Tiger is a pretty cool family man

Haly

I saw an avatar gif once that said "uke attack!" Now I know what it means. Although based on...errr....newfound knowledge wouldn't it more properly be "seme attack"?
That was shintoki's, the character it refers to comes from Gravitation:
iwhAFKD8HlPR6.jpg

The pink haired guy (Shuichi), while always the uke, is typically more aggressive than the blond guy (Yuki).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The same could be said for Urotsukidoji, my personal trial by fire nearly 20 years ago. Doesn't mean I would recommend it to anyone.
There's plenty of enjoyment to find in School Days beyond the shock value though. The way it plays with the genre's tropes may not be necessarily clever, but at least it's something refreshing if you've been watching shit like that for a while.
Fellas, when your done, I'm gonna need pictures.
I'll be the Touga to firehawk's Saionji.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm so happy seeing people discussing and enjoying Tonari no Kaibutstu-kun now that it's animated. I had tried a few times to get people in the manga thread to do the same, but failed pretty miserably. Maybe I just wasn't aggressive enough about it.

Some people just think of it as an okay series, but it's probably one of my favorite at this point. I just find myself with a big smile on my face the whole time when reading a chapter.
Well we already knew AnimeGAF had better taste than ManGAF.
About School Days. I don't think the way things progress or the speed at which it happens makes any real sense, but I do think it's worth watching. It's an interesting case of a story trying to push some boundaries even if it doesn't really succeed at doing it in a logical way.
True. The pacing is somewhat sluggish during the first half. It is a show that I think would benefit much more from a half-cour or a motion picture format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom