• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

If you play Daifukkatsu make sure you play POWER

Strong/Bomb make the game really awful and boring.

I'll keep that in mind.

It's also run by neogaf member fubarduck.

Get your Twinkle Star Sprites on!

Oh boy. Small world!

Oh, well in that case, don't mention that you're from AnimeGAF or you'll probably get banned for life from the establishment!

We need to work on your relationship with the outside.

There are posters who don't despise us out there!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - 02

79481730.jpg

Nice.
But of course. lol

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
One of these days I'll learn to paint work that gets done in a reasonable time frame. :/

Why can't I like my work? ;~;

RurouniZel

I know how you feel. Also, I keep thinking you're RyougaSaotome.

Yeah, it is confusing. I'll change it back. I apologize for changing it to an old man, I'm just really frustrated and didn't want a cute avatar at the time, give me a minute.

RurouniZel

I was just making an observation. I didn't really mean anything by it. H-have I done something bad? .__.

You haven't done anything bad. I don't know what I was thinking. Lately I never know what I'm thinking. Only that I make phenomenally bad decisions, am stupid, slow at everything I do and... fuck this is just turning into rant.

I'm just not feeling good lately. Too depressed and the inferiority complex I thought I had managed to suppress has been back in the last couple of weeks with a fucking vengeance. It's nothing you did, believe me. It's all me.

Don't feel bad.

I also keep thinking he's RyougaSaotome. Hahaha. Even though its been a while since I used that one. XD

I'd forgotten you used it until everyone and their brother mentioned it. >>; Sorry.

You haven't done anything bad. I don't know what I was thinking. Lately I never know what I'm thinking. Only that I make phenomenally bad decisions, am stupid, slow at everything I do and... fuck this is just turning into rant.

I'm just not feeling good lately. Too depressed and the inferiority complex I thought I had managed to suppress has been back in the last couple of weeks with a fucking vengeance. It's nothing you did, believe me. It's all me.

Sorry to hear that. I've been in similar places, beating myself up for the silliest reasons, and it's certainly not fun. Hang in there!

To love ru darkness - 02

Nothing to see there ... for 2 reasons ..there are following the manga to the letter and because of the not-so-subtle censoring in place ...
i can already preditc good sales for the blu rays...

MAGI - 02

Just like the first episode , there were plenty of changes from the manga , however , unlike the first episode , it didn't felt as bad ..mainly because they managed to get some things in order and got most of the plot points correctly ...
While this is good that they get rid of the first part quickly i fear for the rest as i don't want to see the rest of the manga adapted at this frantic pace.

PS: Alladin voice still is weird ..i'm still not accustommed to it ...

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 2 & 3

Nice episode ..yuna story was especially well done IMO and so far the plot seems to care place at a nice pace ...
the animation was ok more than ok ..i hope it's better for the big fights but for an fight of the week it was more than alright
clearly glad i waited to see them all in a row ..this should be excellent

Syrinx

School Days 2

Wow, dude. Going in for the kiss during the movie's rough sex scene. Real goddamn smooth.

Also, what the hell was up with the breast groping by Saoirse? Is this something I should prep myself for more of?

Ten more episodes to go until the payoff.

Edit: Didn't mean to interrupt the goings on in here. I will say that I have enjoyed RurouniZel's posts in the past.

RurouniZel

Sorry to hear that. I've been in similar places, beating myself up for the silliest reasons, and it's certainly not fun. Hang in there!

Honestly, I think a lot of it is work. It's just been overbearing the last month. I'm training new people, trying to manage for people who are out, trying to keep my numbers up, and I just can't seem to get any slack. It's just getting to me, and it's pooring into other areas of my life. Part of why I haven't been watching anime lately. I'm drawing and drawing and drawing because just once I want to finish a piece that I can be proud of when I look at it... I keep trying to improve my efficiency and speed, but those won't improve until I actually learn to fucking draw without redrawing everything a hundred times and spending hours upon hours just fixing mistakes. I just end up feeling like a fucking failure. I keep painting because if I stop then I never will get better, but I just keep wounding myself with each color I add, each line I draw. It's wrong, it's always wrong.

Emitan

RuroniZel you are an awesome person. I have a lot of self loathing issues so I know what it's like to beat yourself up. Just remember that you are your harshest critic and you've gotta get past those bad thoughts because deep down you know they're not true!}

Take it from the girl who's on pills for depression!

Don't beat yourself over it, I thought it was cute!

thank you

RurouniZel

RurouniZel you're an awesome dude in my book. Don't beat yourself up.

RuroniZel you are an awesome person. I have a lot of self loathing issues so I know what it's like to beat yourself up. Just remember that you are your harshest critic and you've gotta get past those bad thoughts because deep down you know they're not true!}

Take it from the girl who's on pills for depression!

Thanks, and I'm sorry. I'm having a bit of a meltdown... it's no good I know. I need to man up and stop being a whiny little bitch about my problems. *smacks self*

This was me after I posted my horrible Yui Hirasawa picture in K-On! GAF :(

Don't beat yourself over it, I thought it was cute!

May I see? Link?

jman2050

I wish I could draw period. And that's not just a random musing, I want to make video games but I know no one who can draw that I trust enough and even if I were barely mediocre I could get by :(

RurouniZel

Everyone still needs to vent now and then.

I know that venting can be good. I just always feel guilty afterwards. Like everyone's having a good time and having fun and here I come pooping up the party. I felt immediately guilty after posting the first bit, but had to continue in my replies since I'd already started. I'd already pooped the party, no point in stopping now. ;_;

Honestly, I think a lot of it is work. It's just been overbearing the last month. I'm training new people, trying to manage for people who are out, trying to keep my numbers up, and I just can't seem to get any slack. It's just getting to me, and it's pooring into other areas of my life. Part of why I haven't been watching anime lately. I'm drawing and drawing and drawing because just once I want to finish a piece that I can be proud of when I look at it... I keep trying to improve my efficiency and speed, but those won't improve until I actually learn to fucking draw without redrawing everything a hundred times and spending hours upon hours just fixing mistakes. I just end up feeling like a fucking failure. I keep painting because if I stop then I never will get better, but I just keep wounding myself with each color I add, each line I draw. It's wrong, it's always wrong.

Don't worry about drawing things over and over, I do that too. It usually takes me a while to finish stuff too, especially if they're on the scale of the DKCR art I did.
Chet can PM it to you since he found it last night.
Eh? You don't want me to post it here? lol
I wish I could draw period. And that's not just a random musing, I want to make video games but I know no one who can draw that I trust enough and even if I were barely mediocre I could get by :(

I want to make a video game too, but don't know anyone who can program or write a decent story, so I just keep dreaming and drawing.

Thanks, and I'm sorry. I'm having a bit of a meltdown... it's no good I know. I need to man up and stop being a whiny little bitch about my problems. *smacks self*

I know from personal experience that it's better to discuss your worries and concerns with someone than to keep them bottled up inside. If this is the place where you're able that, then go right ahead.

And while I can't pretend to know much about your situation, I think it might be a good idea for you to give yourself permission to temporarily walk away from drawing if it's only increasing your stress right now. Even apart from anything else, taking a break is often a good way of re-energizing the creative juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom