• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I watch what I can find (I don't really try that hard to look at the bottom of the barrel), I might miss a few of those short length ones though.
You have to try hard to watch everything. lol

take up the wonzo challenge of watching every single episode of kingdom instead. the winners receive both newfound apathy and a profound insight into why everything is terrible.
CG forever!

Sure, why not? I'll see you people back here in a week.
Hey, good luck!

katawagaf was a cool place with all the fanart.

Is it still around?

I probably should play that again someday.

Current VN status is hiatus in School days lol.

I think Jintor had a good representation of that feeling:

fFeil.jpg

lol, I think this applies to every creative endeavor ever for everyone.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I can't even imagine how big of a genre clusterduck an AnimeGAF visual novel would be like.

It would be amazing. It would require the option to choose the gender of the MC at the start, that way players can enter the 'garden of maidens' if they choose female. :D

Soma

After we couldn't agree on the plot everyone sort of just drifted away. Unless they secretly are continuing work on it and got a new programmer ;~;
nah its pretty much dead

everyone seemed to lose interest once my idea was "decided on" (i didn't think it was that great either)

lol

Is it still around?

I'm currently building up the nerve to start Saya no Uta at the moment.

Emitan

Is it still around?

Of course Katawa GAF still exists! Katawa Shoujo is my Game of the Year 2012 and I've never even played a VN before.

I should stop refreshing this thread and sleep if I want these killer headaches to go away.

Hey your art can't possibly be worse than Ryukishi07's. Take solace in that.

We've seen enough of his art to know it isn't.

Seriously Zel, you're a talented guy. If it takes you so long to draw, just draw one picture and then make incredibly minor tweaks. Bam, there's your visual novel with more effort than anything Ryukishi has done put into it!

Jex

Sword Art Online 15:

ARE YOU SERIOUS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The series of shameless contrivances leading into the new arc is just magical. Let's break it down:

- Asuna is still unconscious because reasons. Kirito suspects Kayaba even though the dude totally leveled with the both of them in the previous episode.

- the new villain? ASUNA'S BOYFRIEND. Who, of course, can't just be some dude that she was already engaged to, but the creepiest smarmy molester dude possible because anyone else who could possibly ever love Asuna other than Kirito has to be the embodiment of ugliness and perversion and patriarchal control. He licked his fucking lips unironically to express just how evil and creepy he is.

- HE IS GOING TO MARRY ASUNA WHILE SHE IS STILL UNCONSCIOUS. And her father is okay with this.

- oh, and this guy? Just happens to be the guy IN CHARGE OF KEEPING THE SAO SERVERS UP AND RUNNING so that he can conveniently dangle the threat of deleting Asuna's consciousness over Kirito should he attempt to interfere with the wedding.

- and on top of this particular romantic predicament? Kirito's imouto incest subplot what the fuck. No, seriously. WHAT. And she's being presented as a legitimate romantic alternative to Asuna.

- except they're really lolcousins because that's how these incest stories work. Do otaku ever get the real thing, even in the trashiest of trashy LNs?

- and now Kirito's princess is in another castle and he has to dive in and save her in less than a week so she can refuse her fucking disturbing coma marriage to Creeper-san. THAT'S THE PLOT.

It's kind of hard for me to take all of this in. I mean, this is some pretty special stuff.

Also didn't realize that Kirito was so 1%, but damn his home is spacious and well-equipped. I guess everyone who picked up a NerveGear at launch was probably 1% given what the thing probably costs. Just look at Asuna's dad.

Well it is, you know, an anime.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 02

We seem to have entered the Kingdom of Cabbage.

Not a bad episode. I really don't mind the pet girl. She doesn't really get in the way, isn't that offensive, just has to be taught the ways of the world. The other characters are all pretty nifty in their own way and at least this won't be a harem series.

I kinda can see where this story will go with all the talk of main character not knowing what to do surrounded by people who already know what to do. That could be a pretty cool story though I wonder how long can the pet girl angle last.

Soma

Just do it. Seriously. You might regret it, but that's just a temporary state of denial.

I hear good things about it and the concept sounds really interesting.

It's just I watched the first part of it on youtube with my headphones on and with the volume super loud and I was like OH FUCK

cajunator

Banned
There's actually many works in this vein, for example, Rose of Versailles. Which I thought pizzaroll was watching?

I listed several.
Most of them are older shows though.
anime is filled with tons of strong female characters though. Some ridiculously so.
Here's a great one: Dirty Pair.

Risette

A Good Citizen
There's actually many works in this vein, for example, Rose of Versailles. Which I thought pizzaroll was watching?
I advise people to not take on the pizzaroll challenge of watching 4-5 episodes of a show in a row and then putting it off for months until you eventually have 39 incomplete shows to watch.

jman2050

My current VN status is just finishing Symphonic Rain, which was really good. I may or may not do Clannad next, and I'll probably reread Ever17 at some point as well.

It's interesting cause lately I've found myself gravitating towards games with no ero content. That's probably a net positive.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
nah its pretty much dead

everyone seemed to lose interest once my idea was "decided on" (i didn't think it was that great either)

lol

I'm currently building up the nerve to start Saya no Uta at the moment.
doitdoitdoitdoitdoit

Read it in ONE sitting (it's not incredibly long), first VN I ever read. So good.

cajunator

Banned
I hear that.

I have a habit of watching the first disc of shows I have and then switching to something else.
Usually its 4-5 episodes so its definitely an ongoing issue. This is why I like those 2 disc sets with half the series on one disc. More incentive to watch.

Dresden

Last VN I tried reading was Steins;gate which I put on hold after a few hours.

Dunno, just no interest in VNs right now. Too many regular bookz.

Narag

I have a habit of watching the first disc of shows I have and then switching to something else.
Usually its 4-5 episodes so its definitely an ongoing issue. This is why I like those 2 disc sets with half the series on one disc. More incentive to watch.

A similar thing happens to me. I'll get burned out too if I try to force myself through something quickly unless I'm really really into it like Guilty Crown or Fate/Stay Night.

Jex

Here's why there's no reason for me to watch JoJo:

1) I've read the manga
2) The anime can't compare to the Stardust Crusaders OVA

Therefore, it has no chance of being worth my time.

Those are all valid points, but then you're missing out on amazing things such as the JoJo's theme song and really weird colour palettes.

cajunator

Banned
A similar thing happens to me. I'll get burned out too if I try to force myself through something quickly unless I'm really really into it like Guilty Crown or Fate/Stay Night.

I marathoned Fate Stay Night pretty easily.
I have a high tolerance for Deen though.
Guilty Crown is a tougher watch. I stopped after 3 episodes and havent returned to it yet.
The other night I showed a friend Bunny Drop and once again got through 5 episodes on the rewatch, before switching to Simoun where, you guessed it, 5 episodes, and then 5 episodes of Shangri La. The funny thing is I went through three discs of Sora No Otoshimono before getting tied of it. But in all fairness, SNO is fucking awesome.

I hear good things about it and the concept sounds really interesting.

It's just I watched the first part of it on youtube with my headphones on and with the volume super loud and I was like OH FUCK
That should make you want to continue, not stop!
Last VN I tried reading was Steins;gate which I put on hold after a few hours.

Dunno, just no interest in VNs right now. Too many regular bookz.
What's a book

Narag

I marathoned Fate Stay Night pretty easily.
I have a high tolerance for Deen though.
Guilty Crown is a tougher watch. I stopped after 3 episodes and havent returned to it yet.
The other night I showed a friend Bunny Drop and once again got through 5 episodes on the rewatch, before switching to Simoun where, you guessed it, 5 episodes, and then 5 episodes of Shangri La. The funny thing is I went through three discs of Sora No Otoshimono before getting tied of it. But in all fairness, SNO is fucking awesome.

5 eps are usually good for me in that sense. I start feeling guilty about putting other stuff off be it another show or, well, anything else.

cajunator

Banned
5 eps are usually good for me in that sense. I start feeling guilty about putting other stuff off be it another show or, well, anything else.

It is highly likely that I will finish off another Simoun disc soon. Really got into that show. Girls kissing, terrible CG, and an interesting war.
ALso likely that I will finish another disc of shangri La.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom