• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I would buy Windows 8 if it had thigh highs.
Well, I don't remember if anyone posted this news before since it's a bit old, but they've got new mascots on the way. Dunno what their legs look like yet though.
jBnRG.png
EQDAO.png
Retail listings for the Japanese Delivery Service Partner edition of the upcoming Microsoft Windows 8 operating system have revealed two new moe mascot characters. The DSP edition of Windows 8 Pro 64bit will be available on October 26 in a launch pack with two character versions: Madobe Yū and Madobe Ai. Both versions will include theme pack wallpaper, event sounds in the respective character's voice, and a Microsoft Wedge touch Mouse with the Windows 8 logo. The packs will retail at 19,980 yen (about US$255) each.

In addition, Limited Akihabara Editions of both versions will be offered in Tokyo's Akihabara shopping district with additional exclusive voice samples. The bundled mouse in each Limited Akihabara Edition will have an illustration of its respective character.

Asuka Nishi voices the short-haired Yū, while Nao Tamura voices the long-haired Ai. Microsoft did not officially announce these characters, nor has it revealed their connection to the previous Windows mascot, Madobe Nanami.

cajunator

Banned

Lain

Sword Art Online 11-12

Married life seems to be easy in this world. If there is one thing I really like about the show, is the game world and the way it works, the way players can interact with it and with each other. I think that a MMO that worked exactly like it would be an exceptional experience, but it would require so much work to be built up that I don't think it'll ever happen.

Anyways, back to the episodes, I liked Yui, which made
her "death" really sad
. I question the presence of all those kids though. I could understand a couple, but those were too many to be credible (for me).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
School Days 1

Uh.. okay.. let me see if I got this.

In the words of a wiser man than I, "What the fuck is this shit?!"

And seriously, I've never paused something so many times in my life. Putting up with the stupid was... quite the herculean task.

Does this show actually go anywhere, or should I just cut my losses and stop now?
Whatever you do, do not look my my previous posts. Good luck.

Also, I had trouble spoiler tagging this as a list. Is there a way to do that?
You have to spoiler tag each item in the list i.e
[list=1][*][spoiler]Text[/spoiler][*][spoiler]Text[/spoiler][/list]

Nah, the thread was just too gaygaf/full of homolust for me... so I just left to sleep.
You must be a lot of fun in the communal showers.

The seme puts his penis into the uke's butt.
So it's not about giving and receiving presents. :(

Just watch the last episode. Or the nice boat. The latter is objectively better. But I guess it's already too late for you...

It never ceases to amaze me how cruel AnimeGAF is, and how they manage to make people watch this piece of shit time and time again. It's obvious why they do it (to make others suffer like they did), but I don't understand how they do it.
I was well aware that there was something wrong with this show going in. I felt like an outsider not understanding any of the School Days jokes. And people enjoyed the experience so I'm happy.

NO. Last episode is so much better when you actually went through the journey of getting there.
This is true.

None can resist the cock.
We're talking about Kellogg's Cornflakes right?

Yeah, that's why I am thinking that it's two different books. For maximum milkage.
It definitely increases their chances of striking oil.
No, I don't think that many kids younger than 13 would be able to get their hands on the latest MMO game, especially when it is that limited. It just isn't credible for me.
I thought it was believable, but really unnecessary and cringe-inducing.

Kagami

I really shouldn't, but whatever... elaborate please?

During training, there's a chance for each exercise to have good or poor results.
Some characters have an easy time with certain exercises, and some have a hard time with certain exercises.
On the exercise menu, it shows at the bottom if that's the case for anyone for the selected exercise.
If you have a character practice something they have trouble with, they're more likely to get poorer results (stats don't increase as much), but if you place them together with a character who's good at that exercise, it counters that effect and lets them have normal chances for success.

0RKPh.jpg

I don't think the actual matches are affected by these training proficiencies, just by the end result stats themselves. There's no chest pass stat (just a pass stat) but there is a chest pass move you can have them use during a match--I don't think it's weighted per character independently of their visible numbers, but might need to check a wiki on that one.

Pooya

My Little Monster - 3

As enjoyable as ever, everything works very well for me, really love watching it and now with more and more characters I can see this getting even more interesting. best show this season for me.

Articalys

Now that I finally beat Pokemon White 2, I'm going back to watch the special promotional anime clip, and I'm amused by some of the dub casting choices. Half the people they got are actually the current main English anime cast (Ash, Cilian, Iris) and the other half have all at least voiced a side character or two in the show. In contrast, none of the Japanese cast have a major role in the anime and only one or two have even played a single bit part in it.
Also, as the only characters in the promo clip who are actually also in the anime, I don't know why they didn't use Bianca or Elesa's anime voice actresses in either English or Japanese. They even have Elesa's anime VA voicing Bianca here!

DTL chose well.
During training, there's a chance for each exercise to have good or poor results.
Some characters have an easy time with certain exercises, and some have a hard time with certain exercises.
On the exercise menu, it shows at the bottom if that's the case for anyone for the selected exercise.
If you have a character practice something they have trouble with, they're more likely to get poorer results (stats don't increase as much), but if you place them together with a character who's good at that exercise, it counters that effect and lets them have normal chances for success.

0RKPh.jpg

I don't think the actual matches are affected by these training proficiencies, just by the end result stats themselves. There's no chest pass stat (just a pass stat) but there is a chest pass move you can have them use during a match--I don't think it's weighted per character independently of their visible numbers, but might need to check a wiki on that one.
God help me, that seems kind of fun. It's like Monster Rancher but with lolis and basketball.

sonicmj1

How is reply formed
how sonicmj1 get pragnent

they need to do way instain otaku
who kill their waifu

Why do I feel like we both just found out I ran over your dog 10 years ago?

I'm...I'm so sorry sonicmj1. Had I known you felt this way I would never have mentioned it. You weren't supposed to find out this way, I swear. I swear!

It's sort of like that, because I didn't realize that Giant Robo was "my dog" until I saw it a week ago. Imagawa targets this spot in me where my critical facilities break down and I just start shouting superlatives.

I was thinking about trying to draw stupid comparisons between Giant Robo and Utena, and making the claim that Utena's points where symbolic meaning or emotional impact come before coherent plotting are basically the same thing as Giant Robo making the Magnificent 10 fight each other because they wanted to make a cool fight scene without any regard for how the strategist guy should have acted if he were a sensible person. But that's silly. You could excuse any feat of terrible writing or stupid melodrama that way, and I don't want to be stuck defending Sword Art Online or something.

What I'm trying to say is that, at least for me, I absolutely love a certain brand of over-dramatic and earnest cheese, and will unashamedly defend anything that represents it well. When presented right, it even bypasses my defenses against long shounen monologues. Giant Robo does that stuff incredibly well (as did G Gundam, possibly my favorite anime of my childhood), so all the pointless twists and turns mean as little to me as so many bullets fired at Alberto the Shockwave.

And I guess I'm also trying to say that even if you don't share my deep love of cheesy over-the-top Japanese action, with its duels of honor, impossible physical feats, flamboyant poses, and plenty of time left for talking, then it's not you, it's me. And no matter how we disagree, you saved me from the path of the hatewatch when I languished in the depths of Bakemonogatari's Snake arc and steered me towards the light of Ikuhara, and for that you will always be a friend.

Kagami

That's hilarious. Are those actually two different books with two different endings?
Nah, it's just one timeline. The Sekai book comes first and ends in an ominous way that connects to the Kotonoha book.

ahh, but does the book include the really poorly drawn uncensored penises?
Hah, I'm afraid they're still bound by Japanese law for the illustrations. *Very NSFW*
You'll just have to read the text and imagine the details for yourself!

Nah, it's just one timeline. The Sekai book comes first and ends in an ominous way that connects to the Kotonoha book.

Hah, I'm afraid they're still bound by Japanese law for the illustrations. *Very NSFW*
You'll just have to read the text and imagine the details for yourself!

art ain't too shabby.

Weird they have that drawn out lol.

Hope people don't read that on the subway, but japan.

Articalys

This was a rather... empty sales week.
But hey, seeing as Five Star Stories is the top spot, might as well remind everyone that Gothicmade hits theaters in just over two weeks!

Weekly BD/DVD Rankings for October 8-14

Blu-ray
*1, 3,374 *3,374 Five Star Stories Discount Edition
*2, 1,552 *1,552 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Finale vol.2 Limited Edition
*3, *,852 *8,555 Tari Tari vol.2
*4, *,424 *4,109 Oda Nobuna no Yabou vol.2
*5, *,336 *8,777 Hyouka vol.4 Limited Edition
*6, *,301 *6,143 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Fan Disc
*7, *,298 22,254 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II vol.2 Limited Edition
*8, *,296 10,461 Tari Tari vol.1
*9, *,281 45,804 Fate/Zero 2nd Season Blu-ray Box
10, *,266 12,265 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Remaster Blu-ray Box vol.3 Limited Edition

DVD
*1, *,664 1,162,708 Tonari no Totoro
*2, *,580 *,***,580 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Finale vol.2 Limited Edition
*3, *,317 *,*21,391 Summer Wars Reprint Edition
*4, *,296 *,*58,437 Kokurikozaka kara Standard Edition
*5, *,274 *,489,949 Majo no Takkyuubin
*6, *,270 *,**2,416 One Piece 14th Season vol.13
*7, *,265 *,*11,633 Kuroko no Basket vol.3
*8, *,245 *,**1,640 Naruto: Shippuuden Kyubi Shoaku to Inga naru Kaiko no Sho vol.1
*9, *,240 *,**9,180 Sore Ike! Anpanman Ongakukan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom