• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
iMMWwkMyHvMRg.gif

that's it for this week

wonzo, your next step should be to review this.
This actually looks pretty cool so I'll deff. check it out sometime.

7Th

Bouncing tits aren't sexist per se.

The bouncing tits in Gunbuster were not sexist; the bouncing tits in Guilty Crown (which usually happened after the girls were hit or abused) were definitely sexist.

olaznoG

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - 02.

It was actually fun... until i realized the main girl probably has slight autism or something.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Realtalk: That was better than any action scene in SAO.

You don't like abstract flickers and flashes of light against total darkness? Next you'll be saying that you actually want to see blows connect and blades clash. Be a little realistic, man.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Accel World 05:

The wings are, like, totally symbolic and stuff, because Haruyuki may be a fat crybaby failure of a human being, but he's, like, beautiful inside, and he can soar higher than anyone else because his soul is just so noble.

Taku feeling NTR'd? bahahahahahaha. It's too much. I love this show.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Bouncing tits aren't sexist per se.

The bouncing tits in Gunbuster were not sexist; the bouncing tits in Guilty Crown (which usually happened after the girls were hit or abused) were definitely sexist.

It's all about the context really. I find it hard to get offended by most female fan-service, unless it's done in a similar way to Guilty crown. (which was fucking disgusting) I didn't even mind the fan-service, in say Rinne no Lagrange or Hanasaku iroha for example.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It's nice to see someone innocently enjoying a show like Accel World with no controversy surrounding it.

It really is.

Branduil

[Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun] - 3

This episode, undeniably, looked a lot a lot cheaper than the last two. It's pretty hard to miss some of the more familiar and well known cost-cutting techniques on display here. For example, in a number of scenes when the characters were talking or moving or just doing something that might require animators to draw something they cut away to a still like this and carried on playing the audio:

Tonari31.jpg

Tonari32.jpg

Riveting. This isn't particularly shocking though, most shows tend to decline in visual quality somewhat after their opening because the opening is designed to hook you in where as once you a few episodes in they don't need to work quite as hard. I doubt ratio-kun was very pleased, but honestly it didn't bother me in the slightest.

This might be my favourite episode of the series, an opinion I doubt is shared by many. For example, I enjoyed how most of the elements in this episode felt slightly more grounded than usual. More importantly, this episode focuses in very on a small handful of days and let us observe a gang of quirky characters interact with each other over that time. It feels like the show has fallen into a strong rhythm now and they no longer need to rush over large stretches of time.

Also is this set of steps:

Tonari33.jpg

The same as this set of steps from Kimagurae Orange Road

KOR.png

or am I just going senile? I guess it's a pretty bad sign if you can start recognising individual locations in Japan that aren't really obvious landmarks like skyscrapers.

How could they be the same steps, they're clearly going in different directions and one has a rail.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Talking of challenges are there any other shows that I must watch?

You mean, like, LIST stuff?

I'd recommend watching the dub of Dark Cat, I haven't seen any new impressions on that in a few months. It's only 45 minutes!

Planetes 25

2 days wandering on the moon, and not giving a damn lol. Tanaba actually turned out to be a great character, but I grew to dislike Hachimaki.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's nice to see someone innocently enjoying a show like Accel World with no controversy surrounding it.

It really is.

Some straggler on SAO is going to do the same thing months from now, and we'll all be baffled.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I greatly look forward to your fine contribution of Kingdom gifs!

This implies that there were enough things in each episode that you didn't gif to create an entire second round of gifs and now I'm very frightened and second-guessing my commitment.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think the worst thing about SAO is the lack of Sword Art. Not a single painting, sculpture, collage etc made with or of swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom