• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Code:Breaker 1-2

X1s0Fl.jpg

ahahah Jex was right.

Articalys

Seems that The Anime Network finally got past whatever issues they were having with setting up simulcast schedules, because they're ready to start streaming Chuunibyou.
Episode 1 - Wednesday, October 17, 2012 @ 09:30 AM CDT
Episode 2 - Wednesday, October 17, 2012 @ 10:30 AM CDT
Episode 3 - Thursday, October 18, 2012 @ 09:30 AM CDT

Episodes 4 and onwards will air on Thursdays at 9:30 AM CDT
So only a one day delay after they catch up. Not bad.

Syrinx

School Days 3

Goddamn, does this show ever have the ability to completely fuck up everything in the last few seconds of an episode! Let's recap:

-Katsura invites Makoto over to her house to meet her little sister after making up for what happened on the train (side note: these guys are in high school, right? Do any of them have, I don't know, parents?) Makoto gets all excited, and starts wondering what he should wear, r if he should go buy something, or whatever. Point is, he's excited.

-He goes over and has a ball of a time with her little sister, who already calls him oni-chan. Then, Kokoro asks Makoto why he calls Katsura, "Katsura". Now, here's where things got a bit confusing: is Kotonoha Katsura's last name that somehow went over my head, or is it a more formal form? I don't know. Either way, they make up quickly.

-As they're on the train platform as Makoto's ready to go home, Katsura (should I start calling her Kotonoha now?) kisses him on the cheek. He is so enraptured by it that he misses the train. Now here's where I'm thinking, "Huh, this episode wasn't all that bad."

-Then, at the end while he's talking to Sekai, he's all of a sudden tired of her.

^*&^dvjkdfbvv87cxt vdf0xtv7 fxt v 08 cmisgvej4$Jt45yudgf8jpvbhgjhHYiuuu

Minor points:

-Where does Sekai work, and why the hell does she wear... that?

-Why is the show so reluctant to show Katsura's breasts when she gets out of the tub and such when they're clearly visible during the opening sequence?

..I guess that's it. Goddamn.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I thought the producer was the best character in the show because he was like the "normal" guy out of the bunch.

jman2050

School Days 3

-He goes over and has a ball of a time with her little sister, who already calls him oni-chan. Then, Kokoro asks Makoto why he calls Katsura, "Katsura". Now, here's where things got a bit confusing: is Kotonoha Katsura's last name that somehow went over my head, or is it a more formal form? I don't know. Either way, they make up quickly.

..I guess that's it. Goddamn.

Katsura is her last name. Grossly oversimplified summary: over there you use first names only with people you are close to.

Defuser

Late to the pondering but how well is magi manga sales doing after the anime aired? Must be a huge boost considering it's timeslot.

Articalys

Late to the pondering but how well is magi manga sales doing after the anime aired? Must be a huge boost considering it's timeslot.
There was a minor sales bump for the first three volumes in the week leading up to the first episode. We should get the numbers tomorrow for the first full week after it aired.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
3750 is below that line. Joshiraku did slightly better, but
:siren DISCLAIMER I HAVE NEVER WORKED WITH KING RECORDS/STARCHILD :siren
SZS was okay, but nothing to nipah about at 5000-6000. It wasn't as dire as it was presented or it never would have hit S2 nvm S3+ovas, but it def could've done better--it's the worst-selling Shaft nonbomba.
The shift to JC Staff could have been based on workload with Shaft on movies all summer, but even still I really doubt Shaft lost on budget. Meaning, the "Kumeta shows don't sell" evidence is just mounting here and going back to the SZS well won't make budgets lok better.
Man, I didn't even think about why they might have switched to JC Staff for Joshiraku. "Worst selling non bomba" is an interesting qualification, but I guess that makes sense to think about it that way considering that they'd both go for so long (it's gotta be the longest running thing they've done outside of that fake Harry Potter harem show and YuriSketch) yet it seems to have slowed down fairly quickly. I guess being on the line of a show that is both somewhat successful but not really much so means there's no real desire to get to it.

Given that they are probably already making anime with a box of off-brand crayons and pirated copies of photoshop or whatever, I'm not even sure what a low budget SZS show would look like. Just a bunch of stills that they pan over for 20 minutes? lol

What are the chances that JC Staff (or anyone else) would get the chance to do SZS S4 or some kind of final OVA or something? The fact that Hayate is on its third studio makes me wonder if there isn't some kind of lowest-bidder syndrome when it comes to anime productions and finding a studio to work on your IP.

Heck, since Shaft did that OVA last year (or was it earlier this year?), I don't see why they couldn't just animate the ending in OVA form just to call it a day. Maybe they could Kickstart it, Yuasa style. :p

I guess the only hold-out now is firehawk12. *cough*
To watch AW? Haha.

I hate to be the one to tell you this...
Solune still salty about feeding everyone!

I'm glad this cap is a thing now. lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Such an awful movie.

::tears down his Shinkai posters and throws them into the trash::

cajunator

Banned
It's nice to see someone innocently enjoying a show like Accel World with no controversy surrounding it.

It really is.

Accel world was very fun.
It was every bit as problematic as SAO but The characters had depth. The Accelerated game world was interesting.
If a world like that had existed in SAO it would have been a lot better.

They built the rail between the 80s and now duh

The perspective is different and the stairs are headed in a different direction.
Not the same, but similar.

Narag

Gintama Jump Festa 2005 Special

Kidou Senshi Gintama? If only. I'm surprised how much of this ended up in the early part of the anime. It's good but the humor reminds me, again, of the earlier anime episodes. TV spoofs weren't bad either. I can't help but think this is watched sooner rather than later as the better Gintama episodes leave this feeling lackluster by comparison.

Articalys

While I'm certain it got a sales boost, I believe those are printing circulation numbers, not sales numbers.
The number of volumes of Shinobu Ohtaka's Magi manga in circulation has more than doubled in the nearly four months since the anime adaptation of the series was officially announced on June 24.

Before the anime adaptation was announced, approximately 3 million copies of the first 12 volumes of the manga had been printed. As of October 10, approximately 6.5 million copies of the first 14 volumes are now in print. Before the anime was announced, 250,000 copies of the first volume had been printed, but now the number has doubled to more than 500,000 copies.

Infinite Ryvius 3

The direction in this show can be a bit disorienting at times. Sometimes that causes problems - I think some of editing and cut choices during the standoff in the control room weakened its tension. Other times it works well, such as the beginning segments showing the chaos that this unexpected situation has caused, or when Kouji catches glimpses of Mystery Girl and worries that he's hallucinating. Speaking of which, it seems Kouji has some special connection to her. Besides the fact that he's the only one on board the ship who sees her, the transition between his and her cry at the climax implies it was his strong desire that caused Mystery Girl to save the ship. Sign of Kouji's secret past? Hidden psychic powers? We'll see.

I confess I'm unclear on who exactly "Zwei" are. They seem to have official authority to command the Liebe Delta ship, yet it's made clear that they themselves are students. Are they students who have passed their exams and are now in training before becoming full-fledged members of the Space Command or whatever organization this is? That's my best guess.

With
the adult instructors all dead and tensions starting to brew between various factions of the students
, I'm starting to see why people call this "Lord of the Flies in space".

Kagami

Seems that The Anime Network finally got past whatever issues they were having with setting up simulcast schedules, because they're ready to start streaming Chuunibyo.

So only a one day delay after they catch up. Not bad.
Nice to see things getting going.
I've been watching it on the week-delayed, realtime-only NicoNico live streams but they're a bit of a hassle.
Now, what's up with Busou Shinki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom