• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Magi 02 - Or as I like to call it: Dark Souls - Shonen Edition
kgbd1.jpg

I liked this episode quite a bit. The dungeon setup really did remind me of Dark Souls at first. I like hey they actually included traps and neat little things like the double right handed door instead of just "lol open door normally." Minor detail, but it was still cool. I hope the show has some more dungeons.

Also this caught me off guard, I did not expect this kind of violence from the show at all:

I was amazed that they would actually kil...
Oh nevermind, this is still a shonen, he's fine. Look mom, no blood!

I like this show so far.

Nisemonogatari 11 end

I have mixed feelings over this anime, though it had enjoyable moments, I said with a posed look. I guess in the context of the genre of what I experienced it had one of the more memorable scenes that was somehwat entertaining, though it makes me feel weird to admit it
the toothbrush scene, and the araragi bath scene
. But anyway beyond that all action moments were good as well as Kaiki discussions, and the final discussion when the reveal that
Kaiki, Oshino, and the other girl, went to college together, the visuals for the scene looked so funny for it, and it was just baffling to think that they were all friends together

A 6/10 I guess, didnt like much of the fanservice focus, just about all the girls were forgetable and uninteresting, and the heavy dialogue made it really hard to follow and made it seem as deep as higher level novels that I typically avoid...but those key moments, Araragi as a cool main, and just the focus of fighting for your family, just really stood out. I really liked that.

I'm curious, have you watched Revolutionary Girl Utena?

Unfortunately, I havent.

Syrinx

School days is a unique and special experience.
Savor it like a fine wine.

I suppose now is as good as any to ask; when I finish this, is there any other "slice of life" anime out there that I should check out for being... genuinely good instead of out of some morbid curiosity to see crazy shit (eventually)?

Kami-sama Hajimemashita 03

Even the fish blush.

A fun episode. Typical solve the problems of a local deity, but it was enjoyable, had good energy going around and there wasn't too much time spent blushing at each other. I rather like this format of random new deity per day as it seems like it could give different things happening and not have every event where the girl gets saved.

Dresden

I suppose now is as good as any to ask; when I finish this, is there any other "slice of life" anime out there that I should check out for being... genuinely good instead of out of some morbid curiosity to see crazy shit (eventually)?

Well, in the last two years or so, stuff like Bunny Drop comes to mind.

Bunny Drop and Wandering Son.

kimi to boku is genuinely good. It sold me on slice of life, too bad theres litrally few like it.

trejo

That's not how you spell Tsuki. Sorry.

Yep. I feel bad for not saying she's the best, since she's basically Kobayashi being Kobayashi, but Tsuki is pretty amazing.

What they should do is just get Kobayashi to voice Tsuki and I'll be happy.

I must say I'm shocked. You of all people!

Narag

Naruto 85

Pretty sure this is where I left off forever ago which is weird as I don't normally watch long shows this far in. I may have actually watched this one too.
I'm not sure I really missed this either past the OP. :lol :(
Watching Itachi shove Sasuke's shit in was both fun and just.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hmm. I like it. Is that... what was her name.. Mimi kneeling over Totori? (not too familiar with the characters' names; haven't played it in awhile.)

Yes, it's Mimi and Totori. Totori is resting on Mimi's lap. ^^; (Yuri Goggles, MAX ON!) XD

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Aikatsu! 02:

The life of an idol-in-training is full of surprises. In this episode, THE SEEDS OF JEALOUSY AND RESENTMENT ARE PLANTED. CAN FRIENDSHIP SURVIVE RIVALRY?!

You guys think you've seen it all with Scorpion Head, you've only seen the tip of the iceberg. Calling it now, best girl:

I'd wave glow sticks at that. How can you hate a girl making the BUENO face at her own reflection?

gifs coming shortly. In the mean time, revel in this:

Defuser

Yeah, I know. That's how awesome Tsuki is!

See, my brother from another mother knows.
And she is like the only normal female besides otose.

Otae - Sadist/petty
Kyuubei - Hardcore tomboy lesbian
Sa-chan - Masochistic stalker

Not mention the only female to get groped by Gintoki and have 2 major badass arcs. She is the best.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Otae - Sadist/petty

Not mention the obly female to get groped by Gintoki.

Yeah, when that female-hater poll came out and Tsuki was one of the most hated characters, it made perfect sense because she's the first woman that Gintoki has legitimate chemistry with. Of course they'll never actually get together because this is shounen and sex is yucky gross, but still. lol

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Otae - Sadist/petty

Not mention the only female to get groped by Gintoki and have 2 major badass arcs. She is the best.

How many episodes is this show again?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yes, that's clearly why I'm not watching it after spending the day expressing to the thread how much fun I'm having watching it. Ease up on the random drive-bys, brah.

Yes Pierrot. Let Kawahara's power fuel you! LET IT FILL YOU UP! BECOME ONE OF US!

Jormungand Perfect Order 2
tumblr_mc0th7plXd1qbxqfpo1_500.png

So glad Lutz is finally getting some screentime, even if just for comedy. I kind of wish the episode did more than backstory as the whole Saw, R, Hez, Koko square is getting to be rather deep and intricate.
Hopefully its building up to R having to make a choice on whether to hand over Jonah or not and if he wont blow his cover...I just dont understand what Saw is after, they havent or arent making it clear
. Her name is Koko she is oh no no no nonono....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom