• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsippel

Banned
The CIA want to watch her because she's dangerous. Or something. lol

I mean, she's Koko and she's loco, so it makes perfect sense!
It makes sense because they know her, know what she's doing and how she's doing it (or at least they think they do), and they have already infiltrated her operation. If she leaves the scene, someone else who's possibly harder to deal with would fill the void. That's why the CIA would prefer to keep her around.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
http://www.abload.de/img/screamsinternallydwoa5.gif

You know you like it!

It's close but I think Aikatsu might be the third best show of the season so far.

It certainly scratches an unspeakable itch.

:chu :chu!

uN90n.jpg

Are these made by the same dudes who do the Precure EDs? :p

Even though Aikatsu! is Sunrise and Precure is Toei, they look fairly identical. I'm guessing that both of the shows farm this thing out to the same mocap/CG company, although I wouldn't be surprised of Toei does the CG in-house as they're surprisingly capable of creating and animating good 3D models of 2D character designs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It makes sense because they know her, know what she's doing and how she's doing it (or at least they think they do), and they have already infiltrated her operation. If she leaves the scene, someone else who's possibly harder to deal with would fill the void. That's why the CIA would prefer to keep her around.

You'd think they'd be worried about a woman installing some kind of back end into this satellite network that lets her track everything in the world or something. But apparently not.

wsippel

Banned
You'd think they'd be worried about a woman installing some kind of back end into this satellite network that lets her track everything in the world or something. But apparently not.
They seem to think they can control her, and by extension, whatever she's building. It's a mistake the CIA made more than once in the past.

cajunator

Banned
I suppose now is as good as any to ask; when I finish this, is there any other "slice of life" anime out there that I should check out for being... genuinely good instead of out of some morbid curiosity to see crazy shit (eventually)?

There are.
Will post some when I get off work.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
EBICHU!

Even though Aikatsu! is Sunrise and Precure is Toei, they look fairly identical. I'm guessing that both of the shows farm this thing out to the same mocap/CG company, although I wouldn't be surprised of Toei does the CG in-house as they're surprisingly capable of creating and animating good 3D models of 2D character designs.
Maybe all CG looks the same in Japan, especially since they all go for that ugly 3d animu look.

That's what I mean. It's not apparent in the context of Jormungand itself, but it makes sense when looking at what the CIA does in the real world.
Well, I suppose it could still be a bit nonsensical anyway. I wonder if there's a FSB mole watching her too. lol
(Or I guess a Chinese mole in this future).

Wait... watching gintama is now a bad thing?

tsk tsk.
Watching it for the yuri? lol

CØDE:BREAKER 02

I guess all the pretty boys aren't into whatsherface then?

Dramatic music! Dramatic dialogue! This is suppose to be important! But, meh. Not really feeling it. The girl is being awfully all justice-y for someone without blue sparkly flames. I barely see her point in the show. She's like Shinpachi expect there's no comedy to remark back towards.

Oh well, at least I still like the OP/ED.

Narag

CØDE:BREAKER 02

I guess all the pretty boys aren't into whatsherface then?

Dramatic music! Dramatic dialogue! This is suppose to be important! But, meh. Not really feeling it. The girl is being awfully all justice-y for someone without blue sparkly flames. I barely see her point in the show. She's like Shinpachi expect there's no comedy to remark back towards.

Oh well, at least I still like the OP/ED.

So far she strikes me as a proxy for the viewer. She leads a relatively normal life and we see all this craziness from her perspective so its like watching Lelouch or Light do their thing from a distance.

OceanBlue

I haven't watched Aikatsu, but judging from the GIFs, I think the Smile Precure ED looks better in motion. Actually, I just think they look better. I haven't watched Aikatsu though.

EBICHU!

Maybe all CG looks the same in Japan, especially since they all go for that ugly 3d animu look.

Well, I suppose it could still be a bit nonsensical anyway. I wonder if there's a FSB mole watching her too. lol
(Or I guess a Chinese mole in this future).

Watching it for the yuri? lol

true... but it's not like gintama is a bad show.... eh w/e.

it's not even really yuri with the eye patch girl out to get a penis all the time.

Jex

Infinite Ryvius 4-5

I have to wonder why Yuki is so angry with his older brother. Sibling rivalry, sure, but this is ridiculously strong. There isn't an obvious reason why he would be jealous of Kouji - if anything, Yuki seems the more talented and skilled of the two.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

http://www.abload.de/img/aik2-1ydxsu.gif[/mg]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/aik2-2ffxbj.gif[/mg]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/aik2-3t7bs5.gif[/mg][/QUOTE]

[quote="Geneijin, post: 43295102"][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y4r9M1xEQM]There was a time where things began...[/url][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/x1JEM.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware

wonzo

Banned
Robotics;Notes 1

Not much happened in this episode but fortunately the hotblodded genki girl helped balance out the incredibly bland easycore scrubshit touchpad gamer. Definitely looking forward to where this is going next.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Looks like it's just S3 that's full 3D. :( God damn that song is catchy though.
Man, I wonder why they decided to switch. Budget, I presume.

Robotics;Notes 1
Not much happened in this episode but fortunately the hotblodded genki girl helped balance out the incredibly bland easycore scrubshit touchpad gamer. Definitely looking forward to where this is going next.
dat megane.

Dresden

Robotics;Notes 1

Kid has a fucking leather holster for his touchpad that he plays some tap to win bullshit on.

Genki (that I am no longer unable to appreciate thanks to Mihoshi) aside, the roach hair girl at the end (and in the ED) makes me worry too.

wonzo

Banned
dat megane.
if only she'd wear em all the time... *wistfully stares off into the distance*

Kid has a fucking leather holster for his touchpad that he plays some tap to win bullshit on.
bu bu bu but 8 whole frames

Genki (that I am no longer unable to appreciate thanks to Mihoshi) aside, the roach hair girl at the end (and in the ED) makes me worry too.
from what little i've read about this series beforehand (mild spoilers)
she's actually an ai built into the operating system

Given that Infinite Ryvius is often referred to as "Lord of the Flies in space," one of its biggest themes is obviously leadership, and how power vacuums and internal struggles affect a society.

Right. Cutting off a group of people from the hierarchy of society that reinforces civilized behavior reveals the true nature of each individual. I'm curious to see if Infinite Ryvius will be as bleak in its exploration of that as Lord of the Flies is.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Oh dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom