• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Aikatsu! 2
aikatsu2a.jpg
aikatsu2b.jpg
aikatsu2c.jpg
aikatsu2d.jpg

jesus christ aikatsu

Uchip

Banned
Prepared to be amazed by the second half. Seriously, a number of people from what I can recall, weren't to fond of the characters in the first few episodes, but came to love them towards the end.

I liked the earlier episodes of Tsuritama more
the whole haru as bait thing was just too weird for me to comprehend and the shtick with the demented face yuki makes wasnt as amusing

Branduil

My Little Monster 3

i3rFl8UsvxVsd.jpg

ir2aXDBo4oFsw.jpg

Shizuku discovers her dream job: supervisor.

It's true that this episode was pretty low-budget compared to the others. They did choose which scenes to pay more attention to judiciously, so it mostly worked out. The main thing is that the characters and their interactions are still really fun. I also really like all the reaction shots in this show.

Branduil

I think they just launched a new video player for Nicovideo that they're calline "Qwatch", and if you compare they logo they're using with the logo from the Eva 3.0 site:

I might be horribly wrong though, but it seems like too much of a coincidence. I don't know exactly when the new player went live.

Ah, I see.

I N C E P T I O N

/XX/

Hmmm, Mr. Ishihama said someone very special is working for episode 6 of From the New World:

Twitter / South_flight: @bansookoありがとうございます! 「アバン、 ...
https://twitter.com/South_flight/status/258280735994167297

But later, I think he responded (to the same person) that he would have to confirm it with the producer:

Twitter / South_flight: @bansooko 言ってしまっていいのかしら・・・ ...
https://twitter.com/South_flight/status/258287011935436800

If someone close to him like Mr. Iso was working on it, I suppose he would know for sure and said right away, isn't it? Maybe I'm not understanding well what he commented (or he wants to prolong the mystery!).

duckroll

Hmmm, Mr. Ishihama said someone very special is working for episode 6 of From the New World:

Twitter / South_flight: @bansookoありがとうございます! 「アバン、 ...
https://twitter.com/South_flight/status/258280735994167297

But later, I think he responded (to the same person) that he would have to confirm it with the producer:

Twitter / South_flight: @bansooko 言ってしまっていいのかしら・・・ ...
https://twitter.com/South_flight/status/258287011935436800

Is someone close to him like Mr. Iso was working on it, I suppose he would know for sure and said right away, isn't it? Maybe I'm not understanding well what he commented (or he wants to prolong the mystery!).

I think there's a slight misunderstanding on your part here. Ishihama was talking to the other guy on Twitter, and the guy asked him who the animation director for episode 6 was. Ishihama replied that a very talented person is working very hard on that episode. Then the person asked Ishihama if he could actually say who it was, since it is implied to be a well known person. Ishihama then replies that he is not sure if he can say more, and that he'll ask the producer if it is okay.

Since Ishihama is the director of the series, there is no reason he would not know for sure who is working on the various episodes. It would truly be horrifying if the director does not know who is working on an episode which is in production. He is simply not sure if he has permission to mention the specific staff in advance before it is officially made known. :)

Kids on the slope 4-5

The live performance at the end of episode 4 was great, white and black jazz, and almost another fight, but everything turns out great.

Episode 5

Damn, I have sympathy for Kaoru.

sonicmj1

Kids on the slope 4-5

The live performance at the end of episode 4 was great, white and black jazz, and almost another fight, but everything turns out great.

I believe the correct terminology is "coon music jazz".

Best voice acting performance by a foreigner since Mawaru Penguindrum.

/XX/

I think there's a slight misunderstanding on your part here. Ishihama was talking to the other guy on Twitter, and the guy asked him who the animation director for episode 6 was. Ishihama replied that a very talented person is working very hard on that episode. Then the person asked Ishihama if he could actually say who it was, since it is implied to be a well known person. Ishihama then replies that he is not sure if he can say more, and that he'll ask the producer if it is okay.

Since Ishihama is the director of the series, there is no reason he would not know for sure who is working on the various episodes. It would truly be horrifying if the director does not know who is working on an episode which is in production. He is simply not sure if he has permission to mention the specific staff in advance before it is officially made known. :)
I see... thanks for the clarification! At first I really thought it was a playful comment that meant he wouldn't say who that person was right now, but the producer part made me think otherwise... I don't know why! Man, I can't translate a single thing right.

Anyway, should we be excited? Who do you think this person is?

As someone who respects but doesn't like the original Evangelion, I've been REALLY digging this new series of films. I cannot wait to check out Q on opening day.

I'm also glad that I can finally say goodbye to all these goddamn piano advertisements. Every poster and trailer in theaters up until this point has just been filled with pianos. Trolling pianos.

And then I watch this trailer only to find Kaoru playing a piano. DAMN YOU ANNO.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
As someone who respects but doesn't like the original Evangelion, I've been REALLY digging this new series of films. I cannot wait to check out Q on opening day.

I'm also glad that I can finally say goodbye to all these goddamn piano advertisements. Every poster and trailer in theaters up until this point has just been filled with pianos. Trolling pianos.

And then I watch this trailer only to find Kaoru playing a piano. DAMN YOU ANNO.

Pianos are well known for their trolling. ;P

cajunator

Banned

Watch the anime called Piano.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So niconico.jp and .com have merged. Great. Now the chances of being kicked out of a livestream thanks to a 1%er has at least quadrupled!

DiGiKerot

So niconico.jp and .com have merged. Great. Now the chances of being kicked out of a livestream thanks to a 1%er has at least quadrupled!

The user lists were already merged, though - having an uber-cheap Nicovideo.com beta account gave you access to full features on the .jp site, from what I remember. You're actually better off now they're charging a proper amount!

Can still only pay via paypal, though, and I don't want a paypal account.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, old .jp accounts worked on the .com side from day one. Never realised the cheap beta accounts worked on both. That may have been worth the 25p.

Articalys

The user lists were already merged, though - having an uber-cheap Nicovideo.com beta account gave you access to full features on the .jp site, from what I remember. You're actually better off now they're charging a proper amount!

Can still only pay via paypal, though, and I don't want a paypal account.
Did it really? At any rate, this blog post seems to say that it isn't anymore.
What will happen to my Niconico.com 25-cent account?

As the 25-cent deal only pertains to the beta version, all 25-cent accounts will enter "free member" status on our fully loaded Niconico.
There are many benefits to Niconico Premium Membership (similar to Niconico.com), such as being able to create communities and do live broadcasts.
If you want access to these services, you will need to become a Premium Member.

Kids on the Slope 6-7

You don't know what love is. Go on a date with the girl you like but talk about another guy the whole time. Why doesn't he realize it. What a hectic scene at the beach. He's not a traitor. Characters have problems communicating with each other. :(

Episode 7

Damn Sentaro, just let her go. She doesn't deserve you! At the school festival. Kaoru finally realizes whats going on. They give an awesome performance, become school famous. Brilliant ending.

Kaoru and Sentaro best friends forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom