• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginga e Kickoff 23

Stubbarn masaru-chan-san was almost getting to be annoying. But at least, and once again
Kota-kun
proved he's the best character.

I thought Total Football was an Area no Kishi exclusive, didnt think Total Football was also here too (will they even have New Total Football)

-Minsc-

And she is like the only normal female besides otose.

Otae - Sadist/petty
Kyuubei - Hardcore tomboy lesbian
Sa-chan - Masochistic stalker

Not mention the only female to get groped by Gintoki and have 2 major badass arcs. She is the best.

Tsuki - Cheap/dangerous drunk

Taruranto

eva

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19139116
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-AL_RxFQqk

So moe.

3n4AR.png

Finally the only reason to watch this movies is here!

The Idolm@ster 8

Holy shit that was amazing on so many levels. That China Town action scene with Makoto was so deliciously Jackie Chan that I couldn't help but smile.

Guys, Makoto is fucking awesome.

Kids on the Slope 8

These foolish things. Kaoru is popular with the females now. He went from an insecure puppy, to a confident man. Ofcourse Ritsuko notices this, and suddenly gets feelings for him. I wonder why... Foolish girl. Girl 2 changes, loves other guy to death. Sentaro finally realizes this. There is another girl waiting for him, or atleast, there was...

I can already see how this turns out, but I love to be proven wrong. This show is so unpredictable, and thats one of the reasons why it is good.

JCG

pretty sure, you would enjoy the [Planetes] manga more than the anime. You should give it a try (and the anime was just the first half of the story...).

Well...not exactly. It's more like the manga and anime ended up diverging and going for two different angles instead, which is ultimately made rather obvious by almost everything that happens during the second half of the show. There's little or no manga content involved by then. I didn't mind though, since that's probably the best part of the anime. The original manga is good too, and I can see why some people might have preferred a completely faithful adaptation (as usual, they started working on the show without waiting for the ending), but hey...I think both are enjoyable in their own ways.

/XX/

Also is this set of steps:

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/Tonari33.jpg

The same as this set of steps from Kimagurae Orange Road

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/KOR.png

or am I just going senile? I guess it's a pretty bad sign if you can start recognising individual locations in Japan that aren't really obvious landmarks like skyscrapers.
Well, apparently those stairs as such don't exist. It is said, and from what I remember searching for information on this very same subject some time ago, that it was loosely based on a 100-step stair (http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tamlc/imgs/f/d/fdf31b46.jpg) that exists in Okamura Town, Yokohama (Kanagawa Prefecture):

Kanagawa-ken Yokohama-shi Isogo-ku Okamura 3丁目23−12 Japan - Google Maps
http://maps.google.com/?q=Kanagawa-ken Yokohama-shi Isogo-ku Okamura 3丁目23−12 Japan

As you know, many other places from Yokohama City and its bay appear on Kimagure Orange Road (and specially in New Kimagure Orange Road: Summer's Beginning), so it isn't far fetched the author made reference to that one. I haven't seen any episode of My Little Monster yet, so I don't know to what locations makes reference of.

Osamu Kobayashi

(lol)
I'd find that exciting, if only for the possible meltdowns!

Poor Arasan...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hey Mad Pierrot, remember Getter Robo Armageddon?

Haha, yeah, me neither, haha... :(

It's everyone's fault for telling me it gets bad after the third episode! I don't want to taint the good memories.

Enjoy the other 170 episodes full of monster of week filler, drama and reset buttons.

Episodic/self-contained/formula-driven =! filler. Why do people argue this?

The Idolm@ster 8

Holy shit that was amazing on so many levels. That China Town action scene with Makoto was so deliciously Jackie Chan that I couldn't help but smile.

Guys, Makoto is fucking awesome.

Finally, an indirect answer to the team question.

Articalys

Here's something interesting: the upcoming One Piece Film Z will have its theme songs performed by Avril Lavigne, of all people.
This year's 47th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that Canadian singer Avril Lavigne is contributing two theme songs for this year's One Piece Film Z film.

For the first time in the anime franchise, this next film will have two theme songs of its own: "How You Remind Me" and "Bad Reputation." According to the magazine, Lavigne herself is a fan of One Piece, and One Piece manga creator Eiichiro Oda is similarly a fan of Lavigne's music. After an exchange of letters and music between the two sides, the arrangement for the two theme songs were made.

Kids on the Slope 9

Love me or leave me. Now that Sentaro and Ritsuko renew their friendship, there is another chapter that is about to close. Yurika leaves with him, finally. I'm not a fan of how things turned out, but this is probably better for the show, and refreshing.

This is how you do romance in anime folks.

Kids on the Slope 10

Slow paced episode. Characters are not able to kiss, just like WttNHK.

The ending left me wanting for more.

Kazzy

I'm glad that you're enjoying Kids on The Slope, but I was more about the bromance than the romance. And I'm curious to see what you'll make of the ending.

Narag

It's everyone's fault for telling me it gets bad after the third episode! I don't want to taint the good memories.

What? It doesn't get bad. There's a different vision but it works and there's some of the finest mecha action you could ask for throughout. Just because it isn't as good as those first three doesn't mean it's bad!

I'm glad that you're enjoying Kids on The Slope, but I was more about the bromance than the romance. And I'm curious to see what you'll make of the ending.

Both the (b)romances are great. Sentaro and Kaoru forever. I love how they can't live without each other.

@Damaged: questions regarding the ending? I'm almost there.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What? It doesn't get bad. There's a different vision but it works and there's some of the finest mecha action you could ask for throughout. Just because it isn't as good as those first three doesn't mean it's bad!

Well, Grzi, now that someone's cut through the lies and slander, you can expect some episode impressions later today.

Not quite. Only one team even exists at this point, so it's way too early to say anything.

Hey, man, everyone else already decided on their team before the show even aired! The content of the actual episodes is inconsequential in this regard.

/XX/

Not quite. Only one team even exists at this point, so it's way too early to say anything.
At that point and episode, you could very well be of 'Team Azusa', for example, so... be true to your feelings and say that you are in 'Team Makoto', then you'll have something in common with the director, Mr. Nishigori! Now we only need Unknown Soldier to update his "Idoru Team Official Roster".

Steroyd

http://i.minus.com/iLg6MT4PHNzwS.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/iQlKAMd6QAWUJ.gif

There there, there's always next time.

Kamisama Kiss - 03

Still got it's charm, although i'm wondering what her deal is with school, she was adamant to go to school last episode and now she's just skipping?

Kids on the Slope 12 fin

Great end. For once they're alone. But whats up with the move Kaoru did on her? Doesn't fit the show at all, very illogical. Anyway,
the bros finally get reunited and play their favourite music, Moanin once again. How did they get by 8 years without hearing from each other? Thats a longass time.

This show was very interesting. I'd give it a 9, but I'll deduct 1 point for the dumb move Kaoru made at the start of the last episode.

Well deserved 8/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom