• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kami-sama Hajimemashita - 02
my fears from episode 2 were true..
This show isn't meant to be taken seriously

32A6Dl.jpg

Yep nothing serious in there

However the show keep sending some good vibes ATM ..so it might be ok to continue i guess

eydGul.jpg

They don't even take themselves seriously

Yep i'll continue watching ...let's hope it doesn't turn into a reverse harem....

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I enjoyed the OP. Lack of Engrish = win.
Doesn't it have Engrish? I dunno, it's just a bad song. Extremely boring and forgettable. The ED is extremely lazy on the art side but I like the song better.

Grzi

Shoka

A single episode OVA set in the Edo period that deals with the struggle of the Art Wielding Clan (yes, they use art to fight) against the forces that want to destroy the shogunate.
I really enjoyed this. It's set up more like a pilot for a longer series (that I'd definitely watch) than as a OVA but that didn't dilute my enjoyment one bit.
What I enjoyed the most was the sketchy artstyle and the fight sequences which were imaginative and well animated (and there was a lot of them too). Anyway, since this is only 24 minutes, I think everyone should watch it, it's pretty neat.

Andrew J.

I don't find the genre descriptor 'battle shounen' to be particularly helpful because so many works fall under that category, many of which are more different then they are similar. I mean, FMA, Berserk, Hajime no Ippo, Hunter x Hunter are all fairly different from each other.

Berserk is seinen, and Hajime no Ippo is sports shounen.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Even I've seen Evangelion.

I only really got into anime in the past year or so. Watched just a handful of shows before then (basically anything that was popular on the web at the time and piqued my interest) so my "backlog" is pretty huge since I just tend to watch what's on now.

Narag

I only really got into anime in the past year or so. Watched just a handful of shows before then (basically anything that was popular on the web at the time and piqued my interest) so my "backlog" is pretty huge since I just tend to watch what's on now.

You should give it a shot.

Emitan

It's really good until the last few episodes. I haven't seen rebuild or End of Eva yet.

Accel World 06:

I'm feeling a little :kayos over Taku.
So, he's squared away with Haru now, but he's still going to try to take out Kuroyukihime to prove himself to Vanquish?
That's........possibly the most counterproductive thing he could do if he's serious about a clean slate. Huh.
He'll get destroyed, so whatevs.
That part confused the hell out of me, too. Still don't know what was going on.
I just don't think Anno has it in him anymore. The entire existence of Rebuild is an anathema to the message of End of Evangelion.
What would you say was the message of EoE?
Accel World 08:

I officially no longer care about anything in this show that isn't Brain Burst, lol.
That was my breaking point, as well.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
firehawk, remember how you were asking if all CG dance stuff is done by the same company? Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream not only says no, but that it can always be worse:

prad1-2ytb8b.gif

prad1-3qwbr2.gif

I think I'll just stick to Aikatsu
JRwhh.png

Hayate no Gotoku: Who the fuck took my eyes 3

Kids are such assholes.

I feel like part of this happened in the manga, but I'm not positive. Hinagiku trying to not get angry and going to see a movie seems very familiar to me.

Better than the last 2 episodes, but that isn't saying much.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
SSY 03

Honestly it was another boring episode. Really getting tired of the spending 15 minutes on mundane, boring, irrelevant "world building" shit and the last 5 on actually interesting events. Story finally looks like its going somewhere, thankfully, so I'll give it another episode or two before I decide to drop it or not.

Branduil

I really don't get what you guys are laughing at. You've never seen something like that at a fast food place?

I have never seen french fries stood up in a row like that. Nor would they just be against a wall; it's supposed to open up into the kitchen so they can actually put the food onto the rack. That background makes it look like a hotel that's doubling as a fast food restaurant. It looks ridiculous and cheap.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
11 years of dance experience? O:

Well I haven't done it for seven years now, but I used to go to a weekend performance arts school. To be fair you probably need zero years experience for anime dances considering your target audience for them also have zero years of experience.

Reknoc

Hayate no Gotoku: Who the fuck took my eyes 3

Kids are such assholes.

I feel like part of this happened in the manga, but I'm not positive. Hinagiku trying to not get angry and going to see a movie seems very familiar to me.

Better than the last 2 episodes, but that isn't saying much.

A friend said the same thing to me, so I'm guessing it has been in the manga at some point.

A friend said the same thing to me, so I'm guessing it has been in the manga at some point.

Thinking about it now, it might have actually been the old anime (possibly in addition to the manga). I vaguely remember
a movie getting interrupted by Isumi's cat nonsense.

Sounds like I should watch movie 3 sooner than later.

You should probably wait until the 70s or something considering the presence of a certain crew member. Of course, you already watched 6 and 4 which spoils a much more surprising crew member, so I guess you can if you want.

Narag

You should probably wait until the 70s or something considering the presence of a certain crew member. Of course, you already watched 6 and 4 which spoils a much more surprising crew member, so I guess you can if you want.

Seemed like minor spoilers in that case. I didn't even know who Sanji was let alone the other two in question!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hmm, I wouldn't say so. When I watch some I actively dislike, such as School Days, that's something different (I'd like to point out that I did my School Days expressions years ago, back before it was cool). No one's forcing me to watch Code:Breaker and I don't think it's actually a bad show in any respect (apart from the writing). The main girl is a glorious HERO OF JUSTICE. What's not to like?

That seems like a big reason not to watch the show anyway. :p

I won't hide it, I've read the first novel of Hidan no aria.

Mainly because someone promised me that the anime was rushed and the books were good.

He was wrong.

Jex

This may sound a bit strange coming from me but I really don't recommend watching a large amount of new shows when you're only 'getting into' anime. If you watch a show while it's airing you don't actually know if it's going to turn out well in the long run, so you may well be wasting your time. If you pick-up a backlog show that's complete at least you'll be able to examine the critical consensus about the work as a whole.

Another point to consider is that most of the best anime that's ever been made is not airing right now, or next season, or last season. By indulging in backlog titles you have the option of only gorging on the greatest works around.

Of course, if you go watch some older title you won't have the pleasure of keeping up with the conversation that's going on right now, but that's often something that's worth sacrificing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
firehawk, remember how you were asking if all CG dance stuff is done by the same company? Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream not only says no, but that it can always be worse:

http://www.abload.de/img/prad1-2ytb8b.gif

http://www.abload.de/img/prad1-3qwbr2.gif

I think I'll just stick to Aikatsu http://i.imgur.com/JRwhh.png
Hey man, ice dancing is harder to animate than shitty idol dancing!

Ah yes, but this is bad funny, not bad tons-of-exposition.
So it is somewhat ironic at least! lol

Same here BGBW. I really got into anime after I made a MAL account and found so many other shows earlier this year.

Like Jexhius said, only watch shows that are finished, I can't wait a whole week for a new episode to air. (except for shounen shows like OP)

faridmon

On Friday, I am going to a Shojo night club where they are going to hsow 4 ep. of 4 Shojo anime where two of them I have watched. Its at Imperial College. Don't know what to expect, but lets see waht happens.

Metrotab

Banned

I started watching anime this Spring.

What I do is, I watch the shows that are currently airing and look interesting to me, and alongside I have a list of must-watch shows from several genres which I'm going through. So I'm both 'up to date' with latest episode developments, as well as slowly getting a taste of some classics (defined very broadly) in each respective genre.

I never, ever marathon shows though. 1 episode each show a day. And I take breaks in between seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom