• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So you've admitted to spoiling :lol

No. I'm not spoiling. I'm only doing it for extra precautions. I don't get how some people get away with telling a plot for an entire episode basically WITH spoilers a few days after it aired and somehow I'm made to look like a fucking villain when I post humor with spoilers for an episode that aired forever ago and something that isn't even a spoiler for a recently aired episode.

Either make a time limit for spoiler for an episode after it airs or I might as well post everything related to SAO in fucking spoilers ALL THE TIME.

Not mad at you specifically Gen. Just stating some people's asinine behavior towards "spoilers."

kayos90

It's called being courteous.

Courteous how? I don't know anyone who's currently watching SAO that's behind episode 3, and the episode 15 shot with the imouto isn't even a spoiler. If someone was starting to watch in the thread, I would've taken note and would've spoiler marked it. However, there's no such person from what I've read. I don't get how being courteous factors into the equation since there is no person I can demonstrate that to.

Courteous how? I don't know anyone who's currently watching SAO that's behind episode 3, and the episode 15 shot with the imouto isn't even a spoiler. If someone was starting to watch in the thread, I would've taken note and would've spoiler marked it. However, there's no such person from what I've read. I don't get how being courteous factors into the equation since there is no person I can demonstrate that to.

Lurkers are people too!

You're really pushing this show hard!

People should REALLY temper their expectations. Yeah, I'm sure there will still be those that like it, but 2 episodes is not enough to judge it. Even I was a fan at this point in the manga.

Though they may be skipping the first scene that really pissed me off, so we'll see I guess. The adaptation might turn out better than expected.

Narag

Lurkers are people too, Mr. Insular.

Edit: damn it, dakkumauji!

Dresden

Oh, Hinagiku. What have they done to you?

jQBh0.jpg

wonzo

Banned
Who's to say that while a poster may not currently be watching it, they won't start watching it later on?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Kayos, there are people just starting to watch shows that are decades old, it's really rude to assume that everyone is always up to date with every show that interests them.

kayos90

Alright. Sure. Just ban every Sao Suicide gif poster.

I'm sure that'll set a precedence for future events taht every death related event in an anime will be a spoiler and will be thus spoiler blocked. Will that be fine?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
From the New World 02 (also known as Non-Sequitur: The Anime)

I rather watch Beyblade than rolling rock.

The ending song is the shiznitz!

BluWacky

From the New World 02 (also known as Non-Sequitur: The Anime)

The ending song is the shiznitz!

It's ace, isn't it? Unfortunately I can't find a release date for it - I don't know whether it's only going to be a TV size version or whether there will be a full release on one of the soundtrack albums or something like that, but I'm surprised that no single release has been announced as yet.

EDIT: and someone's done an http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOfQqLdbSK0&feature=related]ace piano cover of it on Youtube as well. They've even done the "stuttering" notes!

Kazzy

Even if that was the case, there are still plenty who lurk the thread.

Andrew J.

Code:Breaker 02

This was fine, I suppose. Some of the tone shifts weren't handled well, and in places the BGM was way too bombastic to fit what was happening onscreen.

Magi 02

I guess ignorance is bliss for me, 'cause I thought it was pretty good. Some people complained that the dungeoneering was too heavily glossed over, but I've played Zelda games and seen Indiana Jones movies; I don't need a heavily belabored, highly granular examination of standard dungeon fare

wonzo

Banned
Oh, Hinagiku. What have they done to you?
otaking approved!?

Alright. Sure. Just ban every Sao Suicide gif poster.

I'm sure that'll set a precedence for future events taht every death related event in an anime will be a spoiler and will be thus spoiler blocked. Will that be fine?
Yeah, that's most definitely the right thing to do in a thread dedicated to talking about anime, both old and new. It's all about context.

Gintama 146

I guess Ginpachi-sensei has his limit on what questions he'll answer.

Excellent end to an excellent arc. At first I was worried that the action will be limited or not as fun with less characters entering the arc, but it was still awesome and the fewer number of fights were much better than normal. Great conclusion too. The Yoshiwara arc is truly amazing.

Magi 02

I guess ignorance is bliss for me, 'cause I thought it was pretty good. Some people complained that the dungeoneering was too heavily glossed over, but I've played Zelda games and seen Indiana Jones movies; I don't need a heavily belabored, highly granular examination of standard dungeon fare

It's not standard though!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The ending pissed me off beyond words. I was looking forward to one little bit and they cut it out. Hope that wasn't saying too much. Not to hammer the point, but it would be bad form to say any more considering the recent talk about spoilers.

But it was rather strange because apart form that it stuck pretty well to the manga.

Mandoric

Banned
You will never again be able to take Mirai Nikki seriously, once you realize the main girl's last name literally translates a "mai waifu".

It's not even based on the manga now, is it?

What they're doing is really weird. It's like they're combining 2 portions of the manga into 1 in terms of cast and stuff. (Manga spoilers)
The boarding house mansion thing Ayumu and the others are living in actually happened because Nagi loses her mansion and is forced to live there as well where she becomes a landlord for the others, which is how she can keep up her lazy lifestyle. In this, both mansions exist at the same time.

cajunator

Banned
Simoun is amazing and definitely one of my favorites.

I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

tumblr_mbfo1zLUmi1rblpfio1_500.jpg

Ah so you did watch it then. Good stuff. I figured you would like Simoun.

Looking forward to it.

Sorry I meant to post a list earlier but I fell asleep and woke up just now. Now its time to go back to work :(
I'll just try to PM a list to you later.

Accel World 08:

aw, fuck.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW FUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK

I officially no longer care about anything in this show that isn't Brain Burst, lol.

Brain burst/Accelerated world is definitely the best part of the show.

This is not a response to his complaints at all. It's like you're completely talking past his post.

Not really. He said it starts out slow and episodic and those parts have more to do with space exploration and training and stuff that can be more appreciated by a hard sci fi buff.
I'm not talking past anything.

Having 'Un-yan!' follow that killed me. Holy hell was that cute.

Hidamari is a show I power up to. It has sufficient levels of Cute to power me for a day. Possibly two.

I have never seen french fries stood up in a row like that. Nor would they just be against a wall; it's supposed to open up into the kitchen so they can actually put the food onto the rack. That background makes it look like a hotel that's doubling as a fast food restaurant. It looks ridiculous and cheap.

Some very busy places do that. Its not very common though. The Chik fil A at my University did something like that due to high volume. They would display the food on a rack and you pick up what you want.

So do I. It SUCKSSSSSSSSS

I can't watch a series unless I marathon it because I lose momentum and interest.

I know this feeling all too well.
Its compounded by my work schedule, where there are days like today where I went almost right to sleep after work and slept the whole damned time ;_;

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Getter Robo Armageddon 04:

gra4-1h0o9z.gif

Okay, I really regret semi-dropping this just because I found out that Imagawa was booted off of the series after the third episode. This was still really good.
Thirteen-year timeskip and post-apocalyptic wasteland
? I knew that there were going to be consequences, but damn, that's harsh.

I'm glad to see Benkei still alive, and it looks like Hayato and Ryoma made it too. Kei grew up into a military tomboy, short hair+tank top combo and everything? yessssssss.

Genki's dead, though? Man, I really hope that it's just misdirection and that he'll be brought back as a twist. I really liked how fatherly Benkei was in the first three episodes and that's just shitty to see happen even if virtually everyone on earth died in the catastrophe.

lol evil 'muricans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom