• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

So it is scary? :p

Nah just a girl looking out for her target love interest.

GotSpeed_Mirai_Nikki_-_03_D26FB1CA.jpg

You will never again be able to take Mirai Nikki seriously, once you realize the main girl's last name literally translates a "mai waifu".

With this new revelation she's perfection.

Articalys

What kind of a boost did the Magi anime give to the manga? Let's look at the 16th through 50th place sales rankings for October 8-14 and see:

16. Hanma Baki #37 (37,072 / 83,208)
17. Tegami Bachi #15 (35,994 / 112,213)
18. Haikyuu!! #3 (35,719 / 123,180)
19. Magi #1 (33,996 / 261,777)
20. Sengoku Tensouki #15 (33,559 / 74,18)
21. Ohku #8 (33,027 / 225,378)
22. Magi #2 (31,962 / 240,495)
23. Magi #3 (30,048 / 233,760)
24. Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica ~The Different Story~ #1 (29,539)
25. Sengoku Ittouki #1 (29,209 / 59,233)
26. Magi #4 (28,293 / 225,328)
27. Magi #5 (26,358 / 217,520)
28. K-On! College (26,156 / 211,578)
29. Magi #14 (24,882 / 208,580)
30. Jojolion #3 (24,838 / 405,160)
31. Magi #6 (24,468 / 210,120)
32. Hanakimi to Koi Suru Watashi #4 (23,217)
33. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shijuu #3 (23,167 / 47,708)
34. Yowamushi Pedal #25 (23,119 / 53,215)
35. Magi #7 (23,037 / 207,345)
36. Sukidesu Suzuki-kun!! #18 (22,981 / 201,800)
37. Magi #8 (21,828 / 210,582)
38. Magi #9 (20,552 / 214,901)
39. Hyakki Yakoushou Bunko-ban #13 (20,320 / 48,252)
40. Shin Sekai Yori #1 (20,246)
41. Magi #10 (19,686 / 215,210)
42. Yumekui Marry #9 (19,566)
43. Magi #13 (18,783 / 228,775)
44. Magi #11 (18,647 / 219,751)
45. Meitantei Conan #77 (18,630 / 490,934)
46. Magi #12 (18,436 / 234,645)
47. Hinoko #1 (18,266 / 36,435)
48. Uroboros -Keisatsu o Sabaku wa Ware ni Ari- #14 (17,802)
49. Wangan Midnight C1 Runner #12 (16,989 / 40,012)
50. Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo #182 (16,535 / 54,766)
That's right, EVERY SINGLE VOLUME made it into the top 50.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Shin Koihime Musou - Otome Tairan - 03

KtSl2.png
s33qW.png

Lu Meng & Gan Ning
CbPaP.png
Qpoak.png

Sun Quan
ANqRU.png

The Dynamic Duo: Sun Ce and Zhou Yu

Finally, best dynasty has arrived! It only took us two seasons for it to happen but hey, they're here now.

Where's Gan Ning's pirate garb though?! >:I

On the plus side, already seeing some subtle GL here and there with Wu. SDBurton am happy.

Shin Koihime Musou - Otome Tairan - 03

Finally, best dynasty has arrived! It only took us two seasons for it to happen but hey, they're here now.

Where's Gan Ning's pirate garb though?! >:I

On the plus side, already seeing some subtle GL here and there with Wu. SDBurton am happy.

Only becaues Wu's best kingdom.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ah so you did watch it then. Good stuff. I figured you would like Simoun.

I wasn't a fan of
the ending at first. But over time I grew to love it.
It's definitely a show I'd be up for re-watching again when I'm out of shows to watch.

Hidamari is a show I power up to. It has sufficient levels of Cute to power me for a day. Possibly two.

Haha I figured that would be a viable power source for you. Show is ridiculous with the cute.

Only becaues Wu's best kingdom.

Damn right it is! Wu represent!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ginga e Kickoff!! 23

Coach-kun being all tsundere, then comes back through the power of friendship.#thisisshounen

Only gonna be 39 episodes? ;_;
Ginga E Kickoff!! 23

Well they explained why we don't see the 3 U's in the intro. Is 8v8 soccer a thing in real life?
Rarely. It's mainly used for kids matches.

How's Mirai Nikki?

Pretty good anime (just finished rewatching it), if one ignores the final arc, last three or four episodes. One of the type of ending arcs I despise.

I would think that it's okay. Meh. W/e.....

I think the issue I foresaw with it was it was basically a summary of every outcome for each of the key characters...I dont think character deaths or something that people every mention without spoiler tags...

Saint Seiya Omega 28

Well I miss Pegasus Fantasy!!! Though it may have been recap it was a good overview of just about all of my favorite musical selections from the anime.

Deadman Wonderland 1

Since the dub is finally on funimations site. I could watch. Ultimately, I think the anime is kind of overrated just based on what was said before hand and then through the episode. The character art, even for Ganta is odd to me, kind of unappealing. I think that he is a competant individual who just needs a hug and a sunny day but based on this, the anime is just too morbid for me, I guess thats the word, or maybe dark? Oh well will probably marathon through tonight/tomorrow.

I recommend Hyouka as I don't think you've seen it yet, right? Chitanda and Irisu are both :Chet. It's kind of hard not to notice for Irisu, as quite often times in the earlier episodes just after her introduction they would frame her from the side.
I'm waiting for Episode 11.5
omo7r.gif

Or people to watch it with, which ever comes first.
Nice. I think I got fifteen dollars or something and a little sticker saying first place the one time. I really only entered about three or four competitions though I think, it was really just a hobby for fun for me. I might get back to it someday, every now and then if I meet someone I haven't seen for awhile they might ask if I still draw sometimes.

EDIT: Oh yeah, as far as Palutena, there was that one but I thought someone had an avatar from the Palutena in this picture here:http://i2.pixiv.net/img90/img/chetrippo/28351046_m.png

It's really my only competition I've ever entered in, as it was technically an assignment we has in this AP art class I took.

And yes, that was the same person. I've actually drawn a lot of things for her. Which is ok, since she's bought me a lot of things in return.
That's how you get me to do things.

Gintama 147

Keep dreaming the dream, Gin!

A training arc episode that doesn't really train anyone but instead lets us train our inner bear with a fitness instructor and discover the true reasoning behind why Iyeasu won at the Battle of Sekigahara.

Grzi

Getter Robo Armageddon 04:

gra4-1h0o9z.gif

Okay, I really regret semi-dropping this just because I found out that Imagawa was booted off of the series after the third episode. This was still really good.
Thirteen-year timeskip and post-apocalyptic wasteland
? I knew that there were going to be consequences, but damn, that's harsh.

I'm glad to see Benkei still alive, and it looks like Hayato and Ryoma made it too. Kei grew up into a military tomboy, short hair+tank top combo and everything? yessssssss.

Genki's dead, though? Man, I really hope that it's just misdirection and that he'll be brought back as a twist. I really liked how fatherly Benkei was in the first three episodes and that's just shitty to see happen even if virtually everyone on earth died in the catastrophe.

lol evil 'muricans

Finally! <3

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Code:Breaker 01
Bizarro!Jexhius was right. This was the most entertaining opener of the season this side of manly testosterone fuel Jojo and comedy turned romance My Little Monster. Good production values, entertaining main characters (if very clichéd), and excellent use of music to heighten mood (I'M LOOKING AT YOU MAGI). Not sure if it can maintain this level of quality, but better than most of the crap fuckers here are hyping.

re: censoring: so
animals
are on the same level as genitalia now?

-Minsc-

Gintama 146

I guess Ginpachi-sensei has his limit on what questions he'll answer.

Excellent end to an excellent arc. At first I was worried that the action will be limited or not as fun with less characters entering the arc, but it was still awesome and the fewer number of fights were much better than normal. Great conclusion too. The Yoshiwara arc is truly amazing.

There are numerous reasons many of us praise Gintama. The well done serious/action arcs is one of them.

Now that you have the Yoshiwara arc behind, you are free to view one of my favourite AMV's. [MAD/AMV] Gintama Yoshiwara Arc × Hero [&#33521;&#38596; doa] (spoilerific and inspirational)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
they probably realised they can't compete with jojo's amazing depiction of violence against dog's so they censored it out of shame. it's the right thing to do really.
I remember when Japanese cartoons where the place to go for all the ultra-violence and nudity. Now we just have panty shots.

One more reason why anime fans today suck.

Narag

Animal violence
being a selling point should not be celebrated, ever.

It's more I assume the censorship in general will make more sense if/when the more graphic violence turns towards other people. It'll be pretty fucked up if there's nothing else that needs to be uncensored on the first bluray though, I'll give you that.

Code:Breaker 01

Bizarro!Jexhius was right. This was the most entertaining opener of the season this side of manly testosterone fuel Jojo and comedy turned romance My Little Monster. Good production values, entertaining main characters (if very clichéd), and excellent use of music to heighten mood (I'M LOOKING AT YOU MAGI). Not sure if it can maintain this level of quality, but better than most of the crap fuckers here are hyping.

These kind of snide putdowns really get under my skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom