• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
The us has incidents like that fairly often.
The censorship on violence is much less.
However dont dare to show a nipple or there will be reckoning.

Cwarrior

That's simply not true. Even if it is, the problem is just on the anime. Just compare the first episodes (good example - Zoro vs Mihawk "fight") with any scene with lots of blood after Moria's arc.

That fight wasn't nearly as bloody as zoro later fights, not much different from recent scenes.

oars bled a lot more,
luffy had quite bit of tomato juice by the end of marine ford.

Personally myself I don't really care if something is ultra violent or not, am not turned off by it or turned on.

I doubt it will be a harem unless the teacher gets involved.
Cabbage girl is probably going to go after ladykiller-kun, and get friendzoned. That's what I hope will happen at least.

I was unsure of its harem nature when I wrote my post.
A raunchy comedy it is then.

Wonder why Shiina is into drawing manga though.
(I am making up reasons myself, but am curious for the show's take)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chuu 2 Byou 03:

Chuu2_03_01.jpg

Not a smart thing to do in front of best girl, mate.

The more I watch this show, the more and more I see Rika as Yui from K-On, but if Yui were a Chuunibyou
(And not yuri for Azu-nyan)
, with a pinch of Haruhi Suzumiya mixed in for extra flavor.

I'm way more down with Kumin's club idea than Rikka's. Yuuta's still got his eyes on best girl, man's got good taste make no mistake (though Rikka's quite quick to make sure she continues to be in the equation. She's definitely not ignorant, that's a plus).

I gotta admit, that bit with the acting was pretty funny. "Trash" indeed. XD

Chuu2_03_02.jpg

Nice to see Emi getting more work after Katawa Shoujo.

Enter Sanae, another diseased soul who apparently is Rikka's underling. Her hair weights cause more trouble than they're worth though. I forsee many doujins involving that. Naughty ones.

Oh god, the music. That's right out of "The Cable Guy". Not the music, but the hum leading into the actual music. The Rikka/Sanae "battle" was quite nice. I hope they do that more throughout the show and don't drop them after the first couple of episodes. And suddenly, best girl joins. The SOS-dan Easter Magic Nap Society... of Summer is born!

I continue to love this show! Can't wait for next week!

Soma

K Episode 02

idm1KuSqC3eLK.png
iiW5cUeycpwYv.png

Well, this is pretty decent-

*last two to three minutes*

...okay what the fuck was that?!

"okay so i've been following this kid and his stupid cat girl pet all around town so i can kill him but oh jeez i'm actually pretty hungry right now let me get out my sweet cooking tools from my brief case and make dinner for them first."

What.

I think that's my cue to take this show a lot less seriously than I was previously. At least the
fight scenes with the skateboard dude and the chase with all the illusions
were pretty cool. Man, I don't know what to think about this show now but I think I'll give it a few more episodes at least.

survivor

Banned
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai 3

Pretty good episode although the new cast member doesn't do that much outside of providing more fight scenes with Rikka I guess. The engrish part with the teacher was pretty funny.

Articalys

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai 3

Pretty good episode although the new cast member doesn't do that much outside of providing more fight scenes with Rikka I guess. The engrish part with the teacher was pretty funny.
Really? Dekomori
managing to somehow completely entangle herself with her own twintails (and the fact that she stayed that way for the rest of the scene)
had me dying of laughter.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Chuunibyo 3

I don't care what show is out this Fall. It's clear that Chuunbiyo is the best show. It's super fun and hilarious even with it's dumb quirks. Only problem is that Nibutani is lacking a lot of screentime which is sort of disappointing. Awesome show is awesome.

N.B. I'm also a hater of moe so... yeah. I'm surprised I'm liking this show as much as I am.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I was unsure of its harem nature when I wrote my post.
A raunchy comedy it is then.

Wonder why Shiina is into drawing manga though.
(I am making up reasons myself, but am curious for the show's take)

Haha no worries, I thought it was going to be like that myself before I saw episode 2.

I'm guessing it's Shiina's
way of escaping the pressure and attention that came with being a famous painter. When it comes to her manga, the only person she needed to please was herself. From the last episode, it looked like painting didn't have the same terms. Not anymore at least.

OceanBlue

Haha no worries, I thought it was going to be like that myself before I saw episode 2.

I'm guessing it's Shiina's
way of escaping the pressure and attention that came with being a famous painter. When it comes to her manga, the only person she needed to please was herself. From the last episode, it looked like painting didn't have the same terms. Not anymore at least.

I can't even tell if Shiina wants to do it herself of if it's
an extension of the expectations on her from various people because of her fame and talent. I don't know if she wants to do it or if she feels obligated to do it.

All this Chu2koi hype. I need to stay away from this thread until I can watch it!

cajunator

Banned

Well thats a relief.

Did you ever post your list of good silice-of-life anime? I didn't see one.

No.
I was going to look through my collection and list a bunch but I went home and crashed for 10 hours. Was so tired.
Its hard to make a big list on my phone here so it will have to wait again.
Working kind of sucks for free time.
Especially twelve hour shifts.
Mostly working and sleeping.

Syrinx

Well thats a relief.

No.
I was going to look through my collection and list a bunch but I went home and crashed for 10 hours. Was so tired.
Its hard to make a big list on my phone here so it will have to wait again.
Working kind of sucks for free time.
Especially twelve hour shifts.
Mostly working and sleeping.

S'all right. Post it whenever you can.

survivor

Banned
The only other show competing with Chuunibyo for best show of the season is My Little Monster.

Really? Dekomori
managing to somehow completely entangle herself with her own twintails (and the fact that she stayed that way for the rest of the scene)
had me dying of laughter.
She is just too similar to Rikka. I don't mind her, but I like the other 2 club members more

wsippel

Banned
Well to be fair those are in OVA.

80-90's violence and nudity era was golden age for OVA format.
Stuff like Hellsing Ultimate or the Black Lagoon OVAs are still pretty damn bloody, and the first Mardock Scramble was extremely reminiscent of 90's Madhouse, but stuff like that is few and far between these days. Sadly.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I can't even tell if Shiina wants to do it herself of if it's
an extension of the expectations on her from various people because of her fame and talent. I don't know if she wants to do it or if she feels obligated to do it.

Are you talking about the manga or the paintings?

I agree with you if you're referring to the paintings, as the manga in my eyes
reveal her desires. In one panel we see a girl colliding with a boy (typical fateful encounter nonsense), and in later panels we see their relationship progress (possible boyfriend, first love, etc). If anything it just screams that she wants to be a normal girl, which hilariously conflicts against Sorata's desire as he wants to be anything 'but' normal.

jbug617

Banned
Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai! 3

I knew this show wouldn't disappoint. Even when the crappy OP came out, I still stuck with the show. I think this is my favorite show this season along with Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun and Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo.

Emitan

Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai! 3

I knew this show wouldn't disappoint. Even when the crappy OP came out, I still stuck with the show. I think this is my favorite show this season along with Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun and Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo.
The OP is great, it's just annoying. This makes sense to me.

Toriko 75
tumblr_mc2ewrPXpQ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The Tuna Clam was also a good food, I wouldn't mind trying it. Episode was a bit backstory heavy though it was enjoyable. And yet again I dont get this weeks best luck.

I think the Battle Wolf is the strongest creature in Toriko, hopefully Terry delivers.

Lastly the Funimation dub sounds alright, I will miss Tina's JPN voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom