• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, that's no fun.
I actually started based off of Mad Pierrot's suggestion that someone should try it out, haha.

So what's your win/lose/draw record?

And those transforms are always the same. Even the pegasus ones are old hat now!

Hey, man, transformations are your rock. The one thing you can rely on each episode. It's supposed to be comforting! It's useful for pumping yourself up so you can deal with the lackluster fights almost every week anyway, lol.

cajunator

Banned
The precure transformation music alone makes it worth watching.
Suite Precure and Fresh Precure being the penultimate examples of sublime perfection.

Nafe

So after 35 episodes, is there a pattern? lol

No, it doesn't look like it from what I can tell. I was originally thinking there was but just a few episodes ago Yayoi used scissors back to back and other times she might use, say rock, then scissors but instead of paper, she'll go back to rock the next episode and then maybe paper after that.

Maybe 7Th's been keeping better track or maybe he could care less, haha.

So what's your win/lose/draw record?

I actually don't know as I haven't been writing them down. :(

It's definitely a lot of wins though with the odd tie and loss. Probably more ties as she doesn't usually go back to back so you can at least force a tie out of her if not the win.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey, man, transformations are your rock. The one thing you can rely on each episode. It's supposed to be comforting! It's useful for pumping yourself up so you can deal with the lackluster fights almost every week anyway, lol.
It's just a few minutes of nothing happening though. I suppose I understand why they're there, but god damn. lol

No, it doesn't look like it from what I can tell. I was originally thinking there was but just a few episodes ago Yayoi used scissors back to back and other times she might use, say rock, then scissors but instead of paper, she'll go back to rock the next episode and then maybe paper after that.

Maybe 7Th's been keeping better track or maybe he could care less, haha.
Hah. I wonder if it's random on their end or if they have a meeting planning the move she'll make each episode.

But Takanashi replaced Sato
I knew you'd have a music factoid!

Code:Breaker 1

truX9.jpg

Poor girl doesn't realize she's in a genre in which police are useless.

When Sakura asked to speak with Ogami alone and the absurdly melodramatic music kicked in along with the shocked reaction of her classmates, I burst out laughing uncontrollably. Such delicious cheese.

jbug617

Banned
Maria Holic 1

Already like Kanako as the lead. Her emotions throughout the episode was great and especially like the frequent visits to her inner thoughts. The moment that stood out to me is "call me a yuri, it's more dignified" moment with Mariya. Mariya's blackmail will be fun to watch.

I have a feeling that Ishima will end up being the best character in the show.

Also not a fan of cat ear dorm supervisor. Her cat ears are too realistic looking and it's weird to look at.

sonicmj1

Chuunibyou Lite! 4

How to make THE WORLD'S GREATEST meat and potatoes:

-Buy meat.
-Buy potatoes.
-??????
-PROFIT

This was adorable.

If you teach elementary into JHS into HS, it's even more painful to watch the evolution of a lot of the kids.

They go from super energetic awesomeness, to little zombies, and then they sort of even out in HS, sometimes. JHS is where you see them slowly die inside. >.>

My crazy kids may be crazy and a bit socially awkward, but they're enthusiastic. I take what I can get. XD

Yeah, Junior High School is like a machine that grinds kids into quiet little test-taking cogs that follow directions, and it's more grimly effective at its job than American schools because there are all kinds of forms of social control built in at the student level to encourage kids to fall in line.

For example, at my school, there are often inspections of various forms of etiquette/cleanliness that certain students are assigned to carry out. At lunch, the results of these surveys are broadcast over the entire school, telling kids how many students from class 1-2 were late, or how many students from class 2-3 didn't brush their teeth after lunch. It doesn't assign individual blame, but it encourages kids to push each other to follow the rules. Insidious.

It's depressing given how off-the-wall energetic elementary school kids are.

wonzo

Banned
Psycho-Pass 1

This was a pretty strong opening episode. They certainly have nailed down the whole cyberpunk aesthetic. I didn't really mind the
exposition dumps with Akane even if she was supposed to be one of the most promising from her training.
The
gory explosion
at the end was actually pretty funny due to how ridiculous it was. It does kinda seem like
overkill given the guns have a paralyse setting which seems to work just fine outside of supposedly rare occasion of substance abuse.
I'm sure that'll be explained in the coming episodes which I'm most certainly looking forward to.

oh and akane's moe as hell

cajunator

Banned
Psycho-Pass 1

This was a pretty strong opening episode. They certainly have nailed down the whole cyberpunk aesthetic. I didn't really mind the
exposition dumps with Akane even if she was supposed to be one of the most promising from her training.
The
gory explosion
at the end was actually pretty funny due to how ridiculous it was. It does kinda seem like
overkill given the guns have a paralyse setting which seems to work just fine outside of supposedly rare occasion of substance abuse.
I'm sure that'll be explained in the coming episodes which I'm most certainly looking forward to.

oh and akane's moe as hell

But...they said there wasn't gonna be any moe!

Emitan

My Little Monster 1
So it's a romance about socially awkward people?
screenshot2012-10-18azmucb.png

I don't know what about it that I love but this show is very hilarious. Thank you for the recommendation, duckroll.

cajunator

Banned
My Little Monster 1
screenshot2012-10-18azmucb.png

I don't know what about it that I love but this show is very hilarious. Thank you for the recommendation, duckroll.

Its just charming as hell for some reason.
Im honestly not sure why it works so well.
But it just puts a huge smile on my face.

Kazzy

KMyrN.gif

Mio never felt caricatured to to me in the fact that I was just like her in high school
and for the most part still am...
It would explain why I like her so much.
...aside from the boobs.

It was probably me not explaining myself well, but I was referring more to this episode. Like I said in an earlier write-up, I appreciated that they addressed the issue, and it here, it suddenly felt as though she was (initially) being allowed to slip back into tendencies unchecked. Having watched it all, it's now clearer that it was all to act as the catalyst, and I presume to kick her the last big-push she needs. Her introverted is usually shown through her fears and anxieties (which are somewhat irrational, but most people have those ), but her extreme reaction to the play itself just struck me as raising a huge disparity to what would be acceptable in a normal context. However, this wasn't left unattended, so I feel safe in retracting the previous comment.

After all, we are shown the emotional toll it also takes on Ritsu, someone who is the opposite to Mio, and usually acts as a pillar of confidence (at least outwardly). I think the Mio that we saw at the beginning of Yui's induction to the Light-music club (in season 1) would never have pushed herself in the same way that her current-self would. I think her refusal to quit (when given a shining chance by Nodoka), certainly exemplified this.

duckroll

My Little Monster 1

Yay! Another fan! It's a really fun show with interesting characters and good comedy, I'm glad you liked it! :D

cajunator

Banned
im socially awkward, but the only show I could relate to in that sense was Welcome to the NHK.

I couldn't quite relate because I like being in public, but thats one of my favorite shows.

Yay! Another fan! It's a really fun show with interesting characters and good comedy, I'm glad you liked it! :D

To be fair, this show is really well done so it should have very few detractors.

OceanBlue

Yeah, Junior High School is like a machine that grinds kids into quiet little test-taking cogs that follow directions, and it's more grimly effective at its job than American schools because there are all kinds of forms of social control built in at the student level to encourage kids to fall in line.

For example, at my school, there are often inspections of various forms of etiquette/cleanliness that certain students are assigned to carry out. At lunch, the results of these surveys are broadcast over the entire school, telling kids how many students from class 1-2 were late, or how many students from class 2-3 didn't brush their teeth after lunch. It doesn't assign individual blame, but it encourages kids to push each other to follow the rules. Insidious.

It's depressing given how off-the-wall energetic elementary school kids are.

Wow, that's ingenious. That sounds like it'd fit in From the New World. In fact, that sounds like stronger social conditioning than most of what we've seen from that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom