• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

I called this happening!

Just had the wrong pairing as I didn't think an awesome pairing like YayoixShion would happen.

We were not prepared for such a radical development.

Latent criminals or not
sex in the workplace doesn't seem like something that would be easily overlooked
that scene was kind of random

That was medical treatment from the good doctor. All business.

K 03

kgcHC.jpg

Oh wow, that's pretty fast. No dinner first?

Not a really good episode. While exposition is great seeing as they really didn't tell us anything in the past two episodes, it was kinda dull. Doesn't help they kept switching around between the three groups or whatever and whatever problems they are having or random people they are beating up or whosever's ass they keep focusing on (NSFW-ish).

Will say the exposition was handle poorly, especially when the world works as it does. Besides the whole aftermath of chase scene, time for food, it seems silly to waste time explaining about the world to someone you keep reminding you'll kill once the meal is over.

Pretty meh-ish all around. The only plus is seeing the skateboarder getting his head squished.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 082

...I don't like anime anymore.

Even when you know it's coming, it still hurts, doesn't it?

Re: LotGH 82, again:
I just read Yang's voice actor died a few months after recording this. Fuck the universe.

Yeah,
that adds an extra layer of poignancy to the moment. A new voice actor was hired for Yang's appearances in the later prequel side story OVAs, but of course it's not the same...

Maedhros

It just seems like you're complaining about the characters acting in embarrassing ways when I would think that would be expected in this show based on all the trailers etc. Unless you walked into it blind, for which I apologize. It's not you're thing, that's fine.

I don't watch trailers. I always enter into them blind, unless it's an adaptation of something I have readed.

Narag

MacGyver 23

Well, Kaiji had an interesting plan but it's kinda out there after the excellent E Card stuff.
I guess it's a breakdown of sorts. Either that or he leveled up.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Even when you know it's coming, it still hurts, doesn't it?
Bucock got a crowning moment of awesome before his death. Kircheis died being a hero. Even Steinmetz was killed in battle and got his place in Valhalla like a true bro. Yang died of blood loss by a no-name who didn't even have a face. Shit's not fair, okay?
Yeah,
that adds an extra layer of poignancy to the moment. A new voice actor was hired for Yang's appearances in the later prequel side story OVAs, but of course it's not the same...
I don't know if I wanna watch the side material now. I don't know if I wanna watch anything now.
Oh, wow, I didn't know that. That's fucked up.
Fuck the universe.

Bucock got a crowning moment of awesome before his death. Kircheis died being a hero. Even Steinmetz was killed in battle and got his place in Valhalla like a true bro. Yang died of blood loss by a no-name who didn't even have a face. Shit's not fair, okay?

Yang dying at the hands of a third party just as he was going to sign a peace treaty with the Empire adds insult to injury; he didn't even get to die in the line of battle. I have to respect the author for killing off one of the two main characters in such an ignoble and pointless fashion. It's the ultimate statement he could make about the tragedy of war.

Defuser

I wouldn't know, never watched it. Didn't seem like it's my thing either. Taking time travel seriously = lolz.
You're missing out on one of the best shows of 2011. Sure the beginning is slow and dull but once a certain event happen it becomes awesome all the way to the end. Unlike Robotics;Notes, Steins;Gate is serious and dark.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yang dying at the hands of a third party just as he was going to sign a peace treaty with the Empire adds insult to injury; he didn't even get to die in the line of battle. I have to respect the author for killing off one of the two main characters in such an ignoble and pointless fashion. It's the ultimate statement he could make about the tragedy of war.
My only solace is that Andrew Fork got shitcocked.

I'm very interested in how things are gonna turn out now. Yang was, at least intellectually, the closest thing the Kaiser had to Kircheis. That's another thing that makes this event so poignantly humiliating: Reinhard never got the chance to truly get his victory of Wenli. His arse was saved by Mariendorf's disregard for his desires, so we as an audience never got a satisfying conclusion to that confrontation. It's humiliating for all the parties involved.

Foppery and whim, gents. Foppery and whim for all.

Emitan

Regulus Girl Utena 17

Maybe I'm just in a better mood *started some anti depressants and anxiety pills today* but I liked this episode.

Psycho Pass 2

I figured the Paralyzer setting was like a tranquilizer, not something that can actually damage your body. That sucks for whoever's on the receiving end.

I find myself pausing a bunch just to take in how fuckin awesome the future is. When you get friggin augmented reality clothes and living areas, you know you're living in an awesome time.

Soma

Brolust of Tempest 2 and 3
iw1rhMvThPsqV.jpg

On the run from a dangerous mage guy? Grab a Znickers!

Oh hey Koyama as Samon (not sure why i didn't catch that earlier)

Nice.

Pretty good so far. Great directed action sequences and... that music. Sometimes it feels a little too bombastic for its own good but I'd really like to hear it on its own at some point.

Robotics;Notes Episode 02

ibbiASi6FhFHAX.jpg

Pretty much my only source of enjoyment out of this so far.

Okay well I don't dislike Kaito as much as I did before. Unfortunately while this show looks nice it's still kinda boring. However that little development at the end is sure to have some sort of impact on the plot sooner or later. I'm just hoping things start to proceed a little faster because I really want to enjoy this.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 083

Oh man, that's all sorts of fucked up.

Jesus Minci takes on the role of military leader, Frederica the political one, Mirei leaves with all the arseholes who are not bros enough to die for the Yang cause, and I am reminded Petrischev or whatever died too and I granted him no mourning. ;_; I feel bad.

Berserker Jesus was scary. :S He must have split that head open at least five times in a row. Will he seriously have the composure to lead the battle against the Kaiser? He's always been the Batman, but I don't know if I could trust Schenkopp's and Attenborough's decision to throw him into the fray just like that.

edit: Then again,
Not sure if I would trust Attenborough with a whole army. Schenkopp is more of a brawn than a brain, Cazellnu doesn't have the charisma to command people around, and Merkatz is a fallen apple from the Goldenbaum dynasty. Jesus Minci really is the closes thing they have to a leadership figure. The Alliance Democracy is fucked once again.
Regulus Girl Utena 17

Maybe I'm just in a better mood *started some anti depressants and anxiety pills today* but I liked this episode.
(Sort of) Nanami episodes are the best.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
BTOOOM! 03:

This is a show about ugly people doing terrible things to each other and I hate it. It's just a crass feel-bad experience and doesn't have the slightest bit of artistic merit that I can see--it's like if you combined the Duelist Kingdom arc from Yu-Gi-Oh! with random bits and pieces of Deadman Wonderland. Not dropped only because it's been a while since I've watched an anime that's made me experience self-loathing while watching.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

duckroll

Btooom! - Episode 3

Another average episode in this average adaptation with average production values. Although, I would say it's probably below average, given the higher quality across the board this season. It's funny how they took 3 episodes to get to "explaining" the concept of the show, and it still feels substantially less interesting than Sword Art Online's introductory episode. And that's not even a high bar really. Everything about this production feels so by the numbers and workmanlike. It's too bad because in more capable hands I'm sure a Btooom! adaptation could feel much more exciting and entertaining.

I kinda want to drop this, but I also kinda want to see how they handle psycho-kid next week. Ugh. Decisions, decisions...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 084
Wait, you were sober all this time?

So with the aftermatch of Yang's death come the seeds of the new conflict. The narrator hints at an eventual clash between Reuental and Mittermeyer, assuming the former's position as the highest authority after the Kaiser in the Neue Land. Besides that, this episode was quite an emotional rollercoaster. Reinhard himself could barely demonstrate some self-restraint in front of Mariendorf and Emil, the two people who he seems to show the most kindness for after Kircheis' death and Grunewald's isolation.

Also interesting was how Jesus Minci dealt with the issue of the deserters. He shows the same kind of affability and clear-cut thought process as his predecessor, but his expertise in battle remains to be seen.

Thought it was kinda funny how Frederica went on to salute Muller for a moment. Characterisation, ahoy!

One last thing: Thought it was a beautiful coda to finish this episode with the first ending sequence. It ties in nicely to the events that have transpired lately, giving a sense of closure to this arc
and Yang's life. :(

cajunator

Banned
Btooom! - Episode 3

Another average episode in this average adaptation with average production values. Although, I would say it's probably below average, given the higher quality across the board this season. It's funny how they took 3 episodes to get to "explaining" the concept of the show, and it still feels substantially less interesting than Sword Art Online's introductory episode. And that's not even a high bar really. Everything about this production feels so by the numbers and workmanlike. It's too bad because in more capable hands I'm sure a Btooom! adaptation could feel much more exciting and entertaining.

I kinda want to drop this, but I also kinda want to see how they handle psycho-kid next week. Ugh. Decisions, decisions...

It sets a lower bar than SAO? That's impressive!

Btooom! 3

I'm happy with the show's handling of Taira. Dude is the most sympathetic character in the series.

Censorship wasn't as bad this week with the main offender being
the chick's body not being explicitly shown with the organs leaking out and stuff
, but it's going to be REALLY bad next week with the 14 year old psycho. I don't really care though, because it will be awesome to see him go nuts either way.

This is still a pretty subpar adaptation with weird-ass art, but my love of the source material is allowing me to enjoy it enough to keep watching. It's moving at a damn good pace and may even get farther than the last chapter I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom