• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

Favorite OPs this season

1. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
2. Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne
2. Psycho-Pass
3. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
4. Zetsuen no Tempest
5. Medaka Box
6. Chuunibyou

...and I haven't paid attention to the rest.

Another night, another new list.

OP Rankings:
1. CØDE:BREAKER
2. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
3. Magi
4. Chuu2Koi Lite
5. Chuu2Koi
6: Ixion Saga DT
7: Zetsuen no Tempest
8: PSYCHO-PASS
9: Kami-sama
10 to whatever: K, Medaka Box Abnormal, Naruto SD, Robotics;Notes, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Sukitte Iinayo, Sword Art Online

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
When DTL posted that it was so unexpected and yet completely HIM that it was hilarious.
I think the joke was run into the ground.

No. It went further. At least on the ground it would be somewhat salvageable. I don't think it's at that point. lol.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I didn't see people having a problem with SAO survival or Accel World special move meme generators... just saying.

DTL's post was hilarious and we all had good fun with it. It's a joke, all it is really.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 085
1jMSml.jpg
I sure wasn't expecting that.
Dominique's finger-waving of Rubinsky makes me wary of what exactly her ties to the different factions are. She's at a comfortable position where she can influence the arse without actually putting herself at risk, and now that it's been revealed that Reuental's concubine plot started at this home I wonder whether she may have some links with the Terraists.

Lang's charitable efforts painted him in a light I didn't see him before. He looked in the past like another politician just trying to worm his way up the power ranks, but, Rubinsky's links aside, he does not appear to be morally shameless like that Cock Truniht. And speaking of that motherfucker, Reinhard should have swallowed that pride and withhold the job offer after his unsuccessful attempt at humiliating the traitor more.

Enjoyable episode that served as set up for the internal strife that the Empire will surely have to deal with in the next season. Finally: HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT @ the next episode preview D: WHY DID I WATCH IT

Narag

I didn't see people having a problem with SAO survival or Accel World special move meme generators... just saying.

DTL's post was hilarious and we all had good fun with it. It's a joke, all it is really.

Oh I took offense at the SAO one but mostly because I died a bunch of bullshit deaths early on.

To be fair, I remember either duckroll and/or Hito being quite vocal about their dislike of those meme generators.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Been meaning to get into LoGH... are the OAVs condensed eps of the series?
Only Overture to a New War is retelling. Everything else is expanded universe material.

So yeaaaaaaaaaaaah you are gonna have to watch the 110 episodes if you wanna get the meat.

duckroll

Fall 2012 - duck OP ranking

01. Zetsuen no Tempest
02. My Little Monster
03. Psycho-Pass
04. JojoJojoJojo

---cut-off point for OPs I consider great---

05. Magi
06. Sword Art Online (OP2)
07. Code:Breaker
08. Btooom!
09. Girls und Panzer
10. K

---cut-off point for OPs I consider good---

11. Medaka Box Abnormal
12. Gyrozetter
13. Chuu2koi
14. Robotics;Notes

I'm only ranking the shows I've actually watched so far. It's also so hard to pick the top few... much easier to decide which are the worst ones. :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

01. Zetsuen no Tempest
02. My Little Monster
03. Psycho-Pass
04. JojoJojoJojo

05. Magi
08. Btooom!
09. Girls und Panzer
10. K

11. Medaka Box Abnormal
12. Gyrozetter
13. Chuu2koi
14. Robotics;Notes

I'm only ranking the shows I've actually watched so far. It's also so hard to pick the top few... much easier to decide which are the worst ones. :p

Can we go one page without somebody ruining the thread with list wars?

God.

Mandoric

Banned
One day we'll have a "list your favorite animegaffer yaoi pairing" yaoi list war and on that day the Mayans will be right.

Do you really think it'll take us a whole two months and four days to get there from here? Now that you've said it I don't see us taking two days and four hours.

cajunator

Banned

01. Zetsuen no Tempest
02. My Little Monster
03. Psycho-Pass
04. JojoJojoJojo

05. Magi
08. Btooom!
09. Girls und Panzer
10. K

11. Medaka Box Abnormal
12. Gyrozetter
13. Chuu2koi
14. Robotics;Notes

If you are ranking ZnT OP over the masterful My Little Monster ska opening it must be pretty good.

I...I'm sorry Cajun.

*hugs Tomat

Don't freakin do it again :p

Thoraxes

Dakara Boku wa H ha Dekinai - 12 END

Z1G89.jpg

I'm glad
the reaper girl got a transformation sequence. Also that scene that sounded like Minna giving birth was hilarious because without looking at the screen, that's what I thought was happening.
Bow chika bow wow (to the first part).

Yet another show with the grace of Kaori Ishihara. I truly can not fill my body with enough MARU! if my life depended on it, yet my soul yearns for more, more, MORE!

52WsU.jpg

Given to where the show ended up, a lot of things felt rushed, but overall, I actually liked all the stuff in the second half more. All the
other world stuff, with it bleeding into the normal world was pretty cool. Overall, I enjoyed the lavishing of attention they gave to the ecchi elements of this show, and felt that they were really well done in terms of portraying the shapes, sizes, and physics of each girl properly.

EU7oc.jpg

Closing thoughts: Being on Team Kanna lives in my blood. I can not escape it. Also the endcard for the last episode was super-rad.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Finish it Narag, it's worth it.

I finished it well over a month ago and I still haven't posted impressions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom