• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I've always given you a hard time for being such a fuddy duddy!

It's all I've got now that Bones isn't worth making fun of anymore.

What about all the good times we shared making fun of 7th?! :(

You cut me deep. But Ando will have his final revenge when Zetsuen doesn't actually go bad! I... hope. ;_;

Taruranto

K #3

This show is kinda bad.
Can't stop watching.

Also, lol the magic-ball thing will be shopped over and over.

9bEe6.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Asuka wasn't voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi.
I only watched Sailor Moon dubbed in Spanish so that's neither here nor there for me.
I just find it extremely cynical how she has never given two thoughts towards Jesus Minci before, but now that he's got the power she's all over his cock.

edit: Oh she was Misato? That's hot.

duckroll

Medaka Box Abnormal - Episode 2

This episode had no fighting. I was promised fighting in this series! Non-stop action! Crazy shit! Where's the crazy shi--

k0LEd.jpg

Why is anime so sexist?!

Oh. Okay, this is kinda interesting I guess, I see where this might be going. I wonder what happens next...

AFx9a.jpg

Hey I remember this Metal Gear game on the GBC, it was pretty good!

Meh, a training arc? So she's just going to this place to find her brother to train and we'll be seeing some action soon right? Right? Wait, what's this now...

Yeah, okay. I think Nisio's supreme trolling totally defeated me. The second half of the episode was SO over the top that I actually laughed. Several times. I probably find the actual content completely repulsive, but the extreme brain trauma I'm experiencing tells me that it was hilarious instead. Lulz.

Please tell me the fighting starts soon...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I only watched Sailor Moon dubbed in Spanish so that's neither here nor there for me.
I just find it extremely cynical how she has never given two thoughts towards Jesus Minci before, but now that he's got the power she's all over his cock.

edit: Oh she was Misato? That's hot.
Yeah, her success with Usagi AND Misato made her a VA Queen in the 90s.

Articalys

WHAT
This year's 47th issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine is revealing on Wednesday that the new Zettai Karen Children anime is a spinoff series centering around Kyōsuke Hyōbu. In Takashi Shiina's original Zettai Karen Children manga and its anime adaptations, Hyōbu is the P.A.N.D.R.A leader who wants people with ESP powers like himself to wipe out the "Normals."

Shishō Igarashi (Deadman Wonderland episode director, Armored Trooper Votoms Case;Irvine director) is directing this "hard-boiled action" anime at the anime studio Manglobe, and Shinichi Inotsume (Hayate the Combat Butler, Ristorante Paradiso, Sket Dance) is in charge of the series scripts. Jun Takagi (Romeo × Juliet, Submarine 707R) is serving as the character designer and chief animation director, and Kenji Teraoka (Armored Trooper Votoms Case;Irvine, Blood+, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) is the mechanical designer.

Didn't see that one coming.

Dresden

chuu2lite - 04

Strongest stew for the strongest wife.

The lite eps feel more sliceoflifey and a good part of that comes from their lack of reliance on eking out humor from the embarrassing chuunibyou situations, I guess. How they handle it (even the part where Yuuta goes outside in a trenchcoat with a toy rifle) makes them feel more natural and less cringeworthy to watch. I kinda wish the regular show had a similar vibe instead of the more hectic, romcom feel it has.

fertygo

WHAT

The new Zettai Karen Children anime will be called Courtesy of Zettai Karen Children - The Unlimited - Hyobu Kyosuke and is a spinoff focusing on Kyosuke. Coming next year, produced by Manglobe.

Didn't see that one coming.

Why the hell Manglobe always try the most uninteresting option for their adaptation?

Hayate and now this? smh..

Soma

Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 02

ibjmBSfuL3GwF6.jpg
iTCzdTCDixEKm.jpg

Pfft hahaha.

Maguro somehow managed to be even creepier and more hilarious for the anime adaption. So great.

The show is proceeding nicely so far and judging from the preview shit's about to get real very soon. I'm excited for the next episode!

Medaka Box: Abnormal 2

5F6KJ.jpg

It's called being incredibly OCD, dude.

They cranked up the crazy on Maguro 5-fold. I'm not complaining. Little bit of insanity is always welcome in the calm before the storm. Next episode should be a little bit of set up, a little bit of training, and then fights for the rest of the season!

Also, I like the ED song a lot. Of course Gainax had to put more trolling in it.

Still waiting for AnimeGaf mahjong days.

Mahjong?! Let's play mahjong, I need to see more yakuman, just one happened where I play.

Maria Holic is great and there will be nothing said further on this matter!

I agree with you sir.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite episode 4 is now up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARDPMRTZieM

This episode seems to be an incredibly adorable story about Rikka and Yumeha going shopping at the grocery store together.
Supaa sugoiiii!
BY5WF.jpg

Chigauuuu.
And Kimera no omiyage.

Yumeha so fucking adorable! <3

I knew people would do this... sigh...

Aren't the characters 14~16 years old in this series? If they are 10~12, I could understand and relate, since I did the same with friends in my neighbourhood.

I'm not saying that they HAVE to act like adults... they are in their teen years. Did you guys actually go around there fighting invisible/imaginary enemies and doing things like this on your 14~16, ON SCHOOL? Because that's awkward as fuck. I mean... playing is all right, I did play until my 16~17 years. But actually believing what you're playing/representing is real... that's problematic and awkward, for most people anyway.

That's why this show is embarassing. I hope I see her saying that she actually knows the things she does aren't real, by the end.

I'm a little late for this but a co-worker got me trying to do one step from a music from Idolm@ster. That was embarrassing. =<_<=
I'm 23 years old.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 087

First of all: I hadn't noticed Norio Wakamoto was Reuental. I couldn't hear his manliness under the splendor of Reinhard-sama.

Secondly: Skies of Love > There Must Be Something > Sea of the Stars > I Am Waiting For You

Thirdly: Massive animation improvement, at least for the first half. Sad to see it didn't last, but hopefully those apices of quality become more common during the last season.

Lastly,
it seems inevitable now that Oberstein will the fracture point in the relationship between Reuenmoto and Mittermeyer (who, speaking of which, had this adorable moment during the episode). It's sad to see such a strong friendship become shattered like that, but it's an issue that's been in the making for a long time now. Reuental proving to be a just leader of Neue Land might be a reason why its inhabitants would side with him against the distant ruling of the Kaiser.

P.S.
The episode also goes a long way to characterise the trio (Kircheis ;_;) on much more than their military prowess: Reinhard himself and his inability to understand ordinary life struck me the most. The solitude he is imprisoned since becoming Kaiser became more apparent during the meeting with Mittermeyer's wife. I think it will be inevitable for him to stick his cock in someone's hole before the end of the show. I just hope it isn't Emil's. :X

cajunator

Banned
Almost off work.
Free Time is short.
What new shows do you recommend?

So far I watched 2 eps of Hidamari, 3 of chuunibyo and my little monster, 2 of From the new world, 1 of psycho pass, 1 of magi.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Almost off work.
Free Time is short.
What new shows do you recommend?

So far I watched 2 eps of Hidamari, 3 of chuunibyo and my little monster, 2 of From the new world, 1 of psycho pass, 1 of magi.
This season? Code:Breaker, definitely. And Jojo but you already got on that.

Branduil

You know, you're just as annoying as pizzaroll these days. What happened to you Hito? :(

I don't know, I kind of agree with this. There are way too many posts in this thread as it is without cluttering it up with useless lists that I skip anyway because they don't tell me anything interesting.

^Been a long time I watched a sports anime, but if you like football, you should watch the classic Tsubasa!

classic Tsubasa is unwatchable if you're not 6 years old. It was normal that they needed two episodes to reach the other side of the football field. Or you mean Road to 2002, that's just garbage. And the iron rule that Tsubasa will never lose is so outdated.

Giant Killing, Ganbare Kickers, Aoki Densetsu Shoot! are the only good football related animes..

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
classic Tsubasa is unwatchable if you're not 6 years old. It was normal that they needed two episodes to reach the other side of the football field. Or you mean Road to 2002, that's just garbage. And the iron rule that Tsubasa will never lose is so outdated.
Eh, I can enjoy it for the campiness of it. You have to be at a certain mindset, however. It's not a show that aged well.

oh I forgot, Captain Tsubasa J was good!

well-produced and without all the pacing problems. Sadly, it was not very succesful in Japan, so the show is unfinished with just 47 episodes..

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Which Captain Tsubasa was it that ended at the World Cup semis? Cause that was fucking bollocks.

Speaking of international football, Japan got beaten by Brazil 4-0 past Tuesday. :( Japan deserved better, they generated great chances, but their forwards are simply inaccurate at the last touch.
My problem not really with the keepers but with the defenders.

Edit: I mean his position, why is he in the goal line with the keeper?
The keeper is so bad they need the extra man, really.

Or perspective failure.

Giant Killing, Ganbare Kickers, Aoki Densetsu Shoot! are the only good football related animes..

Every anime with Moete Hero is a winning goal!

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So I randomly found this show, "The pet girl of Sakura Hall". Also I see it in the OP.

I have never watched anime before, or done anything anime related, but I enjoyed this a lot. Figured I would join the community.

edit: the slashed part is a bit of an exaggeration, I have seen some and tried to get into it on an occasion a very, very long time ago but it was just americanized stuff.

cajunator

Banned
So I randomly found this show, "The pet girl of Sakura Hall". Also I see it in the OP.

I have never watched anime before, or done anything anime related, but I enjoyed this a lot. Figured I would join the community.

Thats an interesting intro to anime.
Welcome to animegaf and if you dont mind, list some genres of shows you like/interests so we might help you discover new things.

He's in front of the keeper.

The perspective could be clearer, but I think that's more an issue of poor art than the defender standing on the goal line with the keeper.

Believe me, it's not the perspective, this ´happens with others teams and in the knight in the area, too.
It's like the animators have never seen a match before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom