• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
But what TurkishEmperor posted sounds a lot as an insert song (not dubbed over even), at least in the Spanish version.

Also, the videos that you posted call both Captain Tsubasa & Captain Tsubasa J series as "Super Campeones", when only the later one was called like that here (the former one being Campeones: Oliver y Benji)... is that right?
I was a nineties kid. I only know of Súper Campeones, obachaa.

Tequila Gundam, never forget...

KLICcm.jpg

Best Gundam.

lcxgL.jpg

Nether Gundam has something to say about that...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure episode 3

Not even terrible CG fire and copious censoring could keep this episode from being incredibly awesome.

And next week,
Zeppelli!

Yeah, that's fair. I'm not sure I'd be interested in the politics is all... mostly because I'm assuming there will be a long set up. Yamato starts off with just "Earth is fucked, go save it" and leaves it at that. lol

Legend of the Galactic Heroes doesn't have a long setup. In fact, it throws you right into the thick of things, starting off with a battle that acts as a catalyst for advancing the careers of the two main characters (one on each side of the war) and goes on from there, gradually filling in their backstory and the history of the world.

Syrinx

I have a few. Tosspot, chumbucket, chooza, dick, just a plain old unpleasant chap. To sum it all up a twankunt (that's a twat, wanker and oopsy daisy all in one)

Unlike the others I take no joy in watching someone else suffer through this.

Hmm. This may be my new favorite word.

/XX/

I was a nineties kid. I only know of Súper Campeones, obachaa.
Now you made me feel old...

... anyway, here it has been rerun so many times recently that I could have been born in the 00's and still sing along at every occasion I had 'MOETE HERO' at the top of my lungs...
not my style doing that, obviously! OBVIOUSLY I SAY!

Ebiten 02

The worries of every teenage girl.

So this week's parody is:

Episode was pretty well done. Rather enjoyed the whole silly nature of this Mikuru clone and how everyone in the club basically went along with her. So yeah, this series is basically Haruhi minus the supernatural and toss in making fun of some random series instead so far. It's rather enjoyable as it doesn't take itself seriously one bit.

Also, :sdburton.

Grzi

Psycho-Pass - 02

oKEkf.jpg

Unnecessary.

Not bad, worse than the first episode but interesting enough to make want to watch the next one. Akane is still annoying, and her reasoning for pursuing this career path sucks. Hopefully next week there's some action.

Oh, and the OP is great.

well, although Captain Tsubasa J is the best anime of the series.

I love Shin Captain Tsubasa just for the fact that Wakabayashi and Karl-Heinz Schneider play for the best football club together. And everything was accurate - football shirts, training ground.

Syrinx

According to urbandictionary, it's "being embarrassed on someone else's behalf as they make an idiot of themselves". Thank you, 4chan.

I have no idea what the etymology of such a word is, but there you go.

If I had a nickel for every time I've had wahja while watching School Days...

cajunator

Banned
Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream 03:

Turn back while you still have the opportunity, Narag. I mean it.

You know this will just attract him more to the show.
Devious.

Is Moribito any good? I saw they had some deal on Crunchyroll.

Yes, its excellent. I kind of want to repurchase it for the BLurays though.
The DVDs look fine.

Hmm. This may be my new favorite word.
He's so quintessentially British. What a charming chap.

Sweet. Got my tickets for the Madoka movie screening tonight in LA. Can't wait.

Where the hell have you been? ;_;

ALso, did Lurky leave us forever?

Grzi

Robotics; Notes - 02

It still isn't intriguing enough for me to really be involved, but I am enjoying the show in a way. I really hope it picks up, the same way Steins; Gate did. I like the main dude, reminds me of me in high school, and I still hate the genki chick.
Genki girls suck, tsundere girls rule.
Taiga >>>> Minori etc. etc.

cajunator

Banned
Robotics; Notes - 02

It still isn't intriguing enough for me to really be involved, but I am enjoying the show in a way. I really hope it picks up, the same way Steins; Gate did. I like the main dude, reminds me of me in high school, and I still hate the genki chick.
Genki girls suck, tsundere girls rule.
Taiga >>>> Minori etc. etc.

Oh hell no.

Campione! - 13

I was also secretly hoping that
Godou was going to have an orgy or fingerbang everyone before the battle to give all the girls his power too.

Final battle was cool, and overall despite the fact that the show summary sounded dumb in concept, I really enjoyed this harem for what it was, and the concept turned out to be awesome as hell. I will likely check out the source material. Due to my lack of knowledge on god-like figures, I found all the lore and information on each god to be pretty interesting, as well as their affiliations due to their lives.

I also really enjoyed all of the girls. Also dat imouto!
Stay tuned for the second season if this get one ..for your spoiler , i'll say this : STAY TUNED FOR NEXT SEASON

While I feel my knowledge of pagan Gods is lacking I'm pretty sure a lot of the info they throw at you is totally false. I'm nearly 100% positive though that at no time has any ancient texts ever hinted at Athena turning into a loli with a cat ear hat and that was just totally done for fan-service. Fucked up fanservice considering the classic Greek image of beauty is a kajillion times better than loli.
She is a loli because she is sealed ( yep fanservice ?? ) , her true form is that of an adult in episode 2 ? is very similar of the standard athenas....
I swear this fucker's going to have them kiss, it's inevitable.
No chance for this to happen
I loved Ben-to overall to. It's true the second half was pretty poor until the last few episodes but overall it was a great show.
So true .... Too bad we won't get more ..sadfrog.jpg
Scanning through the thread, I mistook the purple lines behind her for text. Damn you, Nisioisin!
So nisiosin is even responsible for the anime Bg effects ..Damn he really think of all the details .. :)

Thoraxes

Stay tuned for the second season if this get one ..for your spoiler , i'll say this : STAY TUNED FOR NEXT SEASON

eNs7o.gif

While I feel my knowledge of pagan Gods is lacking I'm pretty sure a lot of the info they throw at you is totally false. I'm nearly 100% positive though that at no time has any ancient texts ever hinted at Athena turning into a loli with a cat ear hat and that was just totally done for fan-service. Fucked up fanservice considering the classic Greek image of beauty is a kajillion times better than loli.

I swear this fucker's going to have them kiss, it's inevitable.
Well of course. I still liked the implementation of it though, if anything, because it was just different.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I think we should hit OT2 tonight and get a fresh start.

No passive aggressiveness, arguments, impressions, gif-spam, or anime.

We should discuss baseball in the next OT.

Branduil

Remember when I wrote this?

Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! 1

I'm not sure what to think about this first episode. It's hard to tell the exact direction this show is going to take. I didn't so much dislike it as much as I'm not sure what kind of story it wants to be.

Well, now I know. It wants to be a dumb harem show with paper-thin characters who act in unbelievable ways to accommodate the literally-retarded main girl.

Emitan

Remember when I wrote this?

Well, now I know. It wants to be a dumb harem show with paper-thin characters who act in unbelievable ways to accommodate the literally-retarded main girl.

You wouldn't call her literally retarded if you've seen The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall

Syrinx

I think we should hit OT2 tonight and get a fresh start.

No passive aggressiveness, arguments, impressions, gif-spam, or anime.

We should discuss baseball in the next OT.

If there's one thing I don't wanna discuss, it's baseball.

Mets fan here :(

Articalys

Saimoe Round 4 - Group D Final

1st 293 Louise De La Valliere @ Zero's Familiar
2nd 256 Hinata Hakamada @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!

And vote totals plummet again as Rie secures at least one spot in the quarterfinals.

--------------------

Today:

I dunno, seems like a decent discussion that might grow animeGAF as a community. I'm open to suggestions!

The more we try to change what we are the more we will end up discussing that list.

However I think we should all discuss the fineries of mahjong in here in order to be a strong competitor in the next SAIMOE or whatever other huge mahjong tournaments there are.

If there's one thing I don't wanna discuss, it's baseball.

Mets fan here :(
I know that feel. /twins fan
Saimoe Round 4 - Group D Final

1st 293 Louise De La Valliere @ Zero's Familiar
2nd 256 Hinata Hakamada @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!

And vote totals plummet again as Rie secures at least one spot in the quarterfinals.

--------------------

Today:

Considering who Yuu beat, this match was over before it even started.

Jex

According to urbandictionary, it's "being embarrassed on someone else's behalf as they make an idiot of themselves". Thank you, 4chan.

I have no idea what the etymology of such a word is
, but there you go.

Shawn Elliot, obviously.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
They are both retarded. One is just more naked.

Did any of us expect to see the day when the primary subcategories of moe dominating a single season were incest and retardation? The years on years of crippling loneliness are steadily taking their toll on Japanese otaku.

I dunno, seems like a decent discussion that might grow animeGAF as a community. I'm open to suggestions!

Sports talk needs to remain quarantined in IRC where I can safely disregard it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom