• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'll post some examples, since people have the impression I'm lazy (and I am).

[...]

Some are more inappropriate than others before I'm labeled as someone who's nitpicking. I'm aware it's a romantic comedy, but they're getting a bit overboard with it sometimes.
I'm not sure if this is better or worse than those "plot > direction/direction > plot" discussions we used to have.

cajunator

Banned
Entitlement to an opinion doesn't mean a discussion should not be had about said opinion if it's debatable.

Discussion is not the same as bickering.
Namecalling or demeaning someone else because they disagree is bickering.
Intelligent discussion does not call into question another persons character.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
再次,我并不意味着动画看起来既便宜。我暗示的声音效果听起来便宜。如果是为了喜剧效果,我没有笑。

我写的是中国什么呢?

WHAT IS HE SAYING

I read everyone's post. every single post in every anime season thread.

Wow. I'd like to apologize for my posts.

Branduil

From the New World is totally flash quality. An obnoxious amount of purple is totally something you see in the early 2000 flash animations.

Actually, Shingo Yamashita and a number of other animators from the .gif generation are known to use Flash, so yeah, From the New World probably really does have Flash animation.

icrR3Xz1srck3.gif

Flash quality!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Putting people on ignore is rude.

And it doesn't work, anyway. I ignored someone from Gaming side the other day but his posts were so full of crap everyone kept quoting him and I had to read what he said anyway.

(I'd never ignore DTL or any other fellow AnimeGaffer, by the way. Luv you all.)

7Th

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
And it doesn't work, anyway. I ignored someone from Gaming side the other day but his posts were so full of crap everyone kept quoting him and I had to read what he said anyway.

(I'd never ignore DTL or any other fellow AnimeGaffer, by the way. Luv you all.)
I only have one person on ignore, though I've been tempted many times in this thread to make it two. :/
I don't need to put anyone on ignore; my brain is wired to skip blatantly wrong, poorly written text.
So you don't read your own posts?

Risette

A Good Citizen
Actually, Shingo Yamashita and a number of other animators from the .gif generation are known to use Flash, so yeah, From the New World probably really does have Flash animation.

Flash quality!
Pretty sure their work still gets printed out and vectorized just like everyone elses does though, except in special cases.

Geneijin

Discussion is not the same as bickering.
Namecalling or demeaning someone else because they disagree is bickering.
I was talking about the general merits of a discussion. What were you talking about then?

Branduil

Pretty sure their work still gets printed out and vectorized just like everyone elses does though, except in special cases.

Well, Flash animation is often already vectorized. I don't know if that's how Shingo Yamashita or other Japanese animators use it, though.

OceanBlue

This blows my mind. I thought I was able to tell when something was animated in flash. Clearly that isn't the case though.

What makes you suspect that you're looking at Flash animation? I'm pretty sure Flash has some video-making functionality, so you could potentially draw a bunch of frames and compose them in Flash instead of whatever other video software you're inclined to use. I don't really have much experience with video processing though, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Risette

A Good Citizen
It does when the discussion warrants such things. Given the praise for the episode and dimb's replies to Firemind, it seems likely (I can't say for certain, I haven't seen the episode myself) that he is making up nonsense criticisms for the sake of being a contrarian. Just look at this post for further evidence:
I'm not saying it's bad. I'm simply subduing the hype it's generated to and not praise it as some kind of revelation in romcoms.

----
Well, Flash animation is often already vectorized. I don't know if that's how Shingo Yamashita or other Japanese animators use it, though.
I'm just going off that bit in Ben's interview with Bahi JD. Seems like that's the case. Sounds a bit repetitive and inefficient.
Ben: You mentioned that you were the only animator animating digitally on Kids on the Slope. Is animation in the anime industry drawn mostly digitally or still on paper? Also, how does the animation process differ between the two methods?

Bahi: Hmmm, I would say that digital animation is growing but the majority still works analog. I know many young digital animators but also many that animate on paper. It really doesn't make any difference for the production company. They can handle both digital and analog work. They will print your digital work on paper when they hand it over to the sakuga kantoku. So, the process doesn't change. The sakuga kantoku will fix some little details (usually analog) to make it fit to the main design and then your work gets traced (digitally) no matter what, it makes the lines look more solid. It depends on the production but that's the usual process. I can imagine that animators like Hisashi Mori get more involved in the further production to keep their line style in the final rendering.

Ben: What programs do you use to animate?

Bahi: Currently, Flash, to be more specific, Adobe Flash CS5. Shingo Yamashita, Ryo-Chimo and many other also use Flash. Some people think that you can't really draw in Flash, and at the beginning it's true, but you get used to it after some practice and get to the point where you can draw any line you want like you can in Photoshop. Of course, Photoshop's lines are way more accurate, but Flash is a better tool for animation.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What makes you suspect that you're looking at Flash animation? I'm pretty sure Flash has some video-making functionality anyway, so you could potentially draw a bunch of frames and compose them in Flash instead of whatever other video software you're inclined to use. I don't really have much experience with video processing though, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Usually the movement and sometimes colors (more of the former). Usually only sticks out to me if it's really obvious though (I thought it usually was, guess I was wrong). Something like Wakfu (French made cartoon) has a certain style to it that hints at being animated in Flash I think.

Another great video fucked up by a shitty Miku song.

Why is that Vocaloid thing so popular... She doesn't look good. She doesn't sound good! She doesn't even animate well! The only thing remotely appealing is the hilarious mangrape animated short from a couple of years back.

I think Vocaloid is a cool girl. She sing good and doesn’t afraid of anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom