• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

Hyouka taught me that vocaloid fans are the worst people in the world.

I can't hate Vocaloid fans when they give me stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u297_R3ObPQ#t=57s

Well, 7th posted this on the previous page:

I love seeing things like this! But yeah, I assume Tomat is just used to associating one style of animation with Flash. As far as I know, the program is pretty versatile. Again, though, I don't really have too much experience with this.

cajunator

Banned
Usually the movement and sometimes colors (more of the former). Usually only sticks out to me if it's really obvious though (I thought it usually was, guess I was wrong). Something like Wakfu (French made cartoon) has a certain style to it that hints at being animated in Flash I think.

Flash animation is always pretty obvious, but when done right it really looks good. It will always have a bit of jank though.

By the way, I hope you don't think that you upset me in any way with anything youve said on this forum. I have pretty thick skin. Dont worry about upsetting me lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It does when the discussion warrants such things. Given the praise for the episode and dimb's replies to Firemind, it seems likely (I can't say for certain, I haven't seen the episode myself) that he is making up nonsense criticisms for the sake of being a contrarian. Just look at this post for further evidence:
This is all I wanted to say, thanks for being more articulate than me as usual pizzaroll. I get that I'm probably being a brat or something but the complaints about the sound are stupid when it's standard fare for any Brain's Base production. It's not even the worst sounding thing released this week with stuff like Chitose Get You and Moyashimon Returns airing this week.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Flash animation is always pretty obvious, but when done right it really looks good. It will always have a bit of jank though.

By the way, I hope you don't think that you upset me in any way with anything youve said on this forum. I have pretty thick skin. Dont worry about upsetting me lol.

Nah! Just making fun of some of my posts.

Flash is way more versatile than I thought it was. I never would have guess some shows are animated in it.

Branduil

Why is that Vocaloid thing so popular... She doesn't look good. She doesn't sound good! She doesn't even animate well! The only thing remotely appealing is the hilarious mangrape animated short from a couple of years back.

Well I think the main reason vocaloid software is popular is because it greatly reduces the cost and effort needed to produce a song with lyrics.

cajunator

Banned
I like some vocaloids.
Not so much Miku, although I find her design really cute.
My favorite is Megurine Luka.
I also like Sukone Tei because she's a yandere vocaloid.

Branduil

Usually the movement and sometimes colors (more of the former). Usually only sticks out to me if it's really obvious though (I thought it usually was, guess I was wrong). Something like Wakfu (French made cartoon) has a certain style to it that hints at being animated in Flash I think.

Flash animation tends to look pretty bad when you use auto-tweening and vector-based animation. But if you're just hand-drawing every frame in Flash like with traditional animation you won't see those things.

OceanBlue

I see. I kinda thought the same way for a while, but I was proven wrong before and it really opened my eyes to how varied you can make animation in Flash. There are certain styles though that give a Flash-animated impression though, I agree.

Well I think the main reason vocaloid software is popular is because it greatly reduces the cost and effort needed to produce a song with lyrics.

Probably. Doesn't Nico use the same idea of, "Share your creations online," that promote the use of software like Vocaloid? I think I remember old commercials that included Vocaloid and Nico or something. I don't remember too well.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Flash animation tends to look pretty bad when you use auto-tweening and vector-based animation. But if you're just hand-drawing every frame in Flash like with traditional animation you won't see those things.
I was one of the lowly newgrounds babbys that was stuck with a mouse for drawing.

Hand drawn animation can look great in Flash but I've never seen it on such a large scale until now.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I haven't watched anime in awhile :(

bout to get on that tomorrow!

Night Anime-GAF, I leave this for you.

134913089580424u5u.gif

Firemind

This is all I wanted to say, thanks for being more articulate than me as usual pizzaroll. I get that I'm probably being a brat or something but the complaints about the sound are stupid when it's standard fare for any Brain's Base production. It's not even the worst sounding thing released this week with stuff like Chitose Get You and Moyashimon Returns airing this week.

The qualities of other shows shouldn't have any bearing on evaluating a particular show. I've rewatched it and I concede the music composition is for the most part excellent and works quite well in most scenes. The sound effects, however, could still use some work as quite a few of them are random noises that aren't as appropriate as they could have been.

If you guys haven't already, you should check out Kare Kano. It's a classic (including the ending).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So what cool anime costumes are we going to get screwed out of getting due to licensing issues in Xillia?

cajunator

Banned
I would like to think so. Madoka breathing in Lan, nuzzling into her back while Lan's heart is running a mile a minute. :)

I like the way you think. I like it quite a lot.

The qualities of other shows shouldn't have any bearing on evaluating a particular show. I've rewatched it and I concede the music composition is for the most part excellent and works quite well in most scenes. The sound effects, however, could still use some work as quite a few of them are random noises that aren't as appropriate as they could have been.

If you guys haven't already, you should check out Kare Kano. It's a classic (including the ending).

Ok now we agree with something. Although it makes me wonder why you dont like this so much given how similar in feel it is to Kare Kano in ways.

OMG. so cute.

Shes freaking adorable.
Akarin is happy yuri love.

Maedhros

It must suck having only a cold void where you heart should be.

Nah, it's pretty nice actually.

I just don't find little girls doing cute things appealing, at least in anime media. I love when my little niece does these things, though.

It's a problem with the context: why there's a little girl doing these things there? I think it's... cheap. I don't find the cuteness pure enough, in most of the animations. It's like they put it there just to catter more sales. It bothers me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nah, it's pretty nice actually.

I just don't find little girls doing cute things appealing, at least in anime media. I love when my little niece does these things, though.

It's a problem with the context: why there's a little girl doing these things there? I think it's... cheap. I don't find the cuteness pure enough, in most of the animations. It's like they put it there just to cater more sales. It bothers me.
You could say the same about the vast majority of entertainment media everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom