• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

YNNOWSSSWKS 01
%5Bhorriblesubs%5D%20yuushibu%20-%2001%20%5B720p%5D.mkv_snapshot_14.13_%5B2013.10.07_10.26.36%5D.png

Only thing that might keep me watching this shit really.
This was a lot less bad than I thought it would be. It wasn't very good either though, it made up for some of that badness with some decent lewd sakuga. Character designs are mostly pretty gross though.
Also I find this whole inside joke/genre awareness shtick these shows seem to be obsessed about now kind of tired. "Hero certification" classes in dungeon crawling etc etc.
Being an ecchi anime also means this is pretty lewd but it's not as lewd as say, TLRD, but that is to be expected. Still tons of pantyshots and :chet galore. Especially the later.
Also animated butts.
The one thing that might motivate me to watch more of this though is the Demon Lord's daughter which is simply adorable.
I started it solely so I could post this acronym.

Thank you. You sold me on sense of scale. It's part of what I'm craving plus this is new to me (I heard the name before in passing but I never followed up). I love 90s anime too so that's a plus in my book. I'll definitely watch.
You have a good sense of timing as I'm watching it right now and have posted impressions/shots of it in previous pages.
I'd really recommend it.

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK YOU HAVEN'T SEEN NICHIJOU?!?

Jesus man, what are you doing on GAF? Go watch my favorite anime of all time!

I'll do it for you if...
We finally play something xD You can either let me kick your ass again in Tekken, or we can play Warriors Orochi finally. ;P

:D

I never know what to recommend since I know my tastes are slightly out of kilter with the norm. This is why I always go for Girls Bravo. It's fun for the whole family!

I've heard this is good too. I'm taking notes here.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'll do it for you if...
We finally play something xD You can either let me kick your ass again in Tekken, or we can play Warriors Orochi finally. ;P

:D

Of course we'll play something, but man, go watch Nichijou, seriously. There's no way you won't love it.

I wish you had Dragon's Crown though. Or still had DW8, since I've been getting back into that lately. Or One Piece Pirate Warriors 2. I don't have anything against playing WO3, but I don't really have much of anything left to DO in it. After 170 hours I'm basically done with everything save for a few DLC stages. :lol

fertygo

Hyped for Gunpla builder.
Kyoukai no Kanata - 01

It wasn't as bad as most make it out to be. Sure, the writing sucks, but let's keep it real, we're watching anime here, if you're disappointed it's your fault for expecting something well written. It's basically the same show KyoAni has been making for some time now with a few new twists here and there.

That being said, it looks absolutely gorgeous and if that's not enough to make you keep watching something's wrong with you. Hopefully there's action. Lots of it. But probably not, I'll most likely have 10 seconds of action sakuga to look forward to every week, if that.

Let get real, the writing is bad even or bunko standard.. I mean watch some random Railgun eps and its not felt as janky...

Wiktor

Hyped for Gunpla builder.

Let get real, the writing is bad even or bunko standard.. I mean watch some random Railgun eps and its not felt as janky...

This was made from novels that were awarded during KyoAni's own competition. The prizes for it were extremely low and even then they actually didn't give out main prizes. So the low quality of writing isn't surprising. People with real talent were submiting their works to competitions that actually count.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
kyousougiga 00
the op on this is like a billion times better than anything else i heard/saw this season.

fertygo

This was made from novels that were awarded during KyoAni's own competition. The prizes for it were extremely low and even then they actually didn't give out main prizes. So the low quality of writing isn't surprising. People with real talent were submiting their works to competitions that actually count.

And these fucker gonna make em best selling anime, urgh..

I just wish the damn thing have more context and when people chatting its actually felt like proper interaction, other anime have more absurd dialogue but its not as janky as KnK shown.

Its remind me to Jun Maeda's writing style tbh. No

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hyouka 18-22 END

For all the extensive treatment the other characters got, Ibara kind of got shortchanged, but that's probably because she's simply the most normal one of the group.

But yeah, as much as I disagree with Branduil on NTHT, I'll cosign his enthusiasm for this show. Terribly underrated.

duckroll

Hyouka 18-22 END

For all the extensive treatment the other characters got, Ibara kind of got shortchanged, but that's probably because she's simply the most normal one of the group.

But yeah, as much as I disagree with Branduil on NTHT, I'll cosign his enthusiasm for this show. Terribly underrated.

It won Anime of the Year here. How can it be underrated?!

Of course we'll play something, but man, go watch Nichijou, seriously. There's no way you won't love it.

I wish you had Dragon's Crown though. Or still had DW8, since I've been getting back into that lately. Or One Piece Pirate Warriors 2. I don't have anything against playing WO3, but I don't really have much of anything left to DO in it. After 170 hours I'm basically done with everything save for a few DLC stages. :lol

Yeah I sort of gave up on the rest of WO3 when they announced Warriors Orochi 3 ultimate, ya know?

Oh, speaking of warriors, did you hear Musashi Miyamoto was announced for Samurai Warriors 4? I'm so excited :D

Oh, and yes, I will totally watch Nichijou. I'll let you guys know what I think. <3

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
For example, once when I expressed interest in checking it out a couple months ago, the person I was talking to at the time didn't even have any hope that I would like it. "You'll probably think it's just boring." :(

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 1:

Right, so I think this is about the fourth series I have seen this series that begins with the premise humans and demons co-existing together and I am pleased to say that so far this is the best, which is to say it is starting off decently. The animation style is strange, employing a rather rough draft approach to things that kind of remind me of Kill La Kill. As per the standard establishing episode we get to meet the world and heroes and also this series decided to bring an actual villain to the proceedings, not really a fan of him since he is about as generic a villain, right down to being a silver haired pretty boy. Anyway, yes, this was okay, though once again, this maybe on of those titles dropped through seasonal fatigue.

R.I.P

Kyousougiga 0

The plot didn't make a lick of sense to me, but this was still really fun and energetic.
Will definitely keep watching this.

Monogatari S2 14

WOW, just wow at
Nadeko's bitch mode
. Hope we see more of this as that turned one of the most boring characters in the series to a pretty awesome one.

Theonik

For example, once when I expressed interest in checking it out a couple months ago, the person I was talking to at the time didn't even have any hope that I would like it. "You'll probably think it's just boring."
It's the way of AnimeGAF. People somehow feel they need to be apologetic about pretty much everything they like to save face, while others refrain from commenting altogether, so you get an imbalance where only flippant dismissals get openly propagated.

What an ass!
It wasn't me I swear!

Gingitsune - 01

i like it ..there is some kind of potential here with the fox , with the main girl , with the fact that the second herald is gone and everyone relationships... it's almost what i wanted.

I'll follow this anime for sure this season.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It's the way of AnimeGAF. People somehow feel they need to be apologetic about pretty much everything they like to save face, while others refrain from commenting altogether, so you get an imbalance where only flippant dismissals get openly propagated.

What a strange mindset, there should be no need for apologies for the thing that we like or hate.

Shergal

Yozakura 1
So I really liked this. I'm not generally a fan of web-gen style things but here the aesthetic feels very cohesive and satisfying, the warm tones for characters put against the plain small town. It gets funky once the action kicks in, with colors popping in an out in the form of effects, dynamic layouts enhancing the motion and overall pleasant animation.Though I do have to question the unnecessary and distracting amount of subtle (and completely on your face) pantyshots and convenient camera angles.

Beyond establishing some of the cast and the villain it didn't really do much so I don't know how it could pan out, but I've read here that it's pretty bad. I don't care much as long as the directing and animation are at this level as it remains enjoyable.

Theonik

What a strange mindset, there should be no need for apologies for the thing that we like or hate.
It's not that strange if you think about it peer pressure and all. People just want to be accepted/don't want to look dumb. They're just human. Humans are just human. They come onto this world... Etc. Etc.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It's not that strange if you think about it peer pressure and all. People just want to be accepted/don't want to look dumb. They're just human. Humans are just human. They come onto this world... Etc. Etc.

I thought that was the case, I just usually do not let those things keep me from calling Stella one of the best anime titles of the year and calling Watamote an unrepentant piece of shit, even though both opinions are against the grain.

a certain scientific railgun S eps 1-6

Just 6 eps in and this season is already way better than the first and both of the index seasons. The scene with accelerator introducing himself to Mikasa was so well done. and loved how the first ep introduced a future new villain as well.

Theonik

If it's wrong to enjoy Ben-to, I don't want to be right.
*insert Cajun ice-queen squee post here*

I thought that was the case, I just usually do not let those things keep me from calling Stella one of the best anime titles of the year and calling Watamote an unrepentant piece of shit, even though both opinions are against the grain.
And we'll continue to silently judge you and shake our heads!
For Stella. I couldn't care less about Watamote.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
*insert Cajun ice-queen squee post here*

And we'll continue to silently judge you and shake our heads!
For Stella. I couldn't care less about Watamote.

I have already delivered ny defense of that show and I have not seen enough to chage my mind on it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If it's wrong to enjoy Ben-to, I don't want to be right.
Nothing wrong with enjoying it but I did feel that when the story reared its ugly head the show suffered greatly. When the plot was as basic as an 80s arcade game (bento is half price, are you a bad enough dude to buy the bento) I preferred it.

sonicmj1

Nothing wrong with enjoying it but I did feel that when the story reared its ugly head the show suffered greatly. When the plot was as basic as an 80s arcade game (bento is half price, are you a bad enough dude to buy the bento) I preferred it.

The final villain of the show was a guy who tried to stop people from fighting over boxed lunches. How can you hate that?

Actually, don't tell me. It'd just make me sad.

The "story" wasn't the problem, the show just devolved into haremshit and they seemingly no longer had the budget to animate fights.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To be frank, that's all I remember of the show. That one complaint is what I felt when I finished the show but I honestly can't remember the specifics of it.

Quasar

Yeah. I'm quite comfortable saying publicly that certain neogaf favourites aren't for me (I've already dropped Kill la Kill for instance), or that I liked certain hated animegaf shows.

That said I think part of the issue is that anime runs such a wide gamut that unless you know the specific tastes of a person its quite easy for them to not like any random anime that you liked. Which probably leads to comments like 'you'd probably find it boring/bad'.

Certainly as much as I adored Tamayura, I don't feel comfortable recommending it to every anime watching person I know. Ditto Chihayafuru. Or Aishiteruze Baby. Or Usagi Drop.

Hagi

Kyoukai no Kanata - 01

It wasn't as bad as most make it out to be. Sure, the writing sucks, but let's keep it real, we're watching anime here, if you're disappointed it's your fault for expecting something well written. It's basically the same show KyoAni has been making for some time now with a few new twists here and there.

That being said, it looks absolutely gorgeous and if that's not enough to make you keep watching something's wrong with you. Hopefully there's action. Lots of it. But probably not, I'll most likely have 10 seconds of action sakuga to look forward to every week, if that.

Only thing i didn't like about the first episode was the pacing. Really felt like we were missing a few scenes which made it seem disjointed. I'm in for a few more episodes for dat KyoAni sakuga.

Kill La Kill was beyond awesome savior of anime yadaa yadda yadda. Next up Samurai Flamenco.

cajunator

Banned
Gingitsune Episode 1:

Ah yes, so this is the Sunday offering of quality I see, well relatively speaking. Anyway, yea this rather interesting to me since the Shintoist religion is something that I find rather mysterious and exotic and have always wanted to know more about. Anyway, this episode was like quite a few first episodes I have seen this season, very slow, very quiet, very deliberate with its pacing while it establishes the world and the characters. The whining kids did give my a patched headache though.

I wonder how similar this is in feel to something like Our Homes Fox Deity?

After finishing Sword Art Online, need a new series to watch now. I'm waiting on Steins;Gate until the game comes out to watch that.

The only "newer" series I've even watched in years has been K-ON! and Sword Art. Other than that a lot of older series as classics.

Would appreciate some good recommendations, here's some older series I really enjoyed.

Death Note
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
The Slayers
Fushigi Yuugi
Utena
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Alchemist
Berserk
Great Teacher Onizuka
Ranma 1/2
Vandread

Madoka Magica, FAte Zero, Humanity has Declined, and for something cute and different, Tsuritama.

s1dMTQX.gif

Kotori-bros, UNITE!

AWESOMEBEAR were you correct about the Yamai seiyuus?

Oh, ever seen Nichijou then?

tumblr_mfc33hOFad1rw1exqo1_500.gif

Seconded!!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't think anyone has ever been called out for liking a certain show (at least not on the forums, the IRC room on the other hand is a lawless society), however the reasons for liking certain shows can come under scrutiny but even then the only reasons to usually meet disdain are idol culture and :cnet.

Yozakura Quartet 1

This was quite the boring introductory episode, at least until the final minutes of it. I suppose it's good that they are actually explaining things this time, but it didn't make this one any more entertaining. And the level of male gaze here was somewhat off-putting and out of place. Opening with a panty shot didn't help either. I'll probably give this a few more episodes to see if it grabs me, but I'm not too encouraged right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom