• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 18-22 END

For all the extensive treatment the other characters got, Ibara kind of got shortchanged, but that's probably because she's simply the most normal one of the group.

But yeah, as much as I disagree with Branduil on NTHT, I'll cosign his enthusiasm for this show. Terribly underrated.

Its just overhyped a bit.

I don't think anyone has ever been called out for liking a certain show (at least not on the forums, the IRC room on the other hand is a lawless society), however the reasons for liking certain shows can come under scrutiny but even then the only reasons to usually meet disdain are idol culture and :cent.

Im pretty sure that happens quite a lot but its usually disguised as a dismissal or whatnot.

Just ignore cajun.

He didnt ask me about it pretty sure. Also I only say that half the show is boring. I fully aknowledge that a good portion of it is fun and interesting and that episodes 2-5 have relevance and importance to the story. He was talking about someone else.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 1:

EXTREME ARTICULATION!

That being said, I actually am really digging the Gundam by way of Yu-Gi-Oh!/Beyblade conceit far more then I expected and indeed certainly not the most undignified Gundam title I have ever watched. Not going to topple the likes of Wing or G of the pedestal but also not a intractable shitstain on the franchise like Seed Destiny or SD either. I really like the whole metagame concept and the shout out in the beginning to the main series was nice. Also, clearly the tale of Sei and Renji is a tale of love that will span a thousand years of fanfiction. I suppose the advertising is effective because I kind of want a build fighter now though I am guessing that these figure are not available outside of Japan. Yes, I think I will be watching future installments of Build Fighters for the time being.

stryke

Gundam Build Fighters Ep 1

Even if they came off as cheesy or lame sometimes, I liked the usual Gundam's commentary on war/humanity/whatever.

This just comes off a gundam version of YuGiOh, made just to capitalise on gunpla merchandise and nostalgia.

Which of course is exactly I was expecting, it's not like I came in with high expectations of another epic gundam series with some substance. It still doesn't make it any more bearable to watch past 1 episode though.

The making of this series screams to me, "We've run out of ideas right now" - Sunrise.

What a great film. Beautiful. Story was weak, specially towards the end but it made up for it with the stunning action scenes.

What would someone recomened to watch after seeing this? I'd be interested in seeing more from the same Studio.

What a great film. Beautiful. Story was weak, specially towards the end but it made up for it with the stunning action scenes.

What would someone recomened to watch after seeing this? I'd be interested in seeing more from the same Studio.

I assume Wolf's Rain is what you're looking for if you want another anime by Bones.

Hagi

Gundam Build Fighter - 1

So that was fun. I'm guessing Reiji
is an alien or something else otherworldly
. It's cool seeing the different mobile suits all in one series. Gold SUMO next week! I'm in this for the long haul, will scratch my Gundam itch waiting for ep 7 of Unicorn. I hope Iori eventually is able to fight on his own.

Need to watch the OVA they released that's similar to this.

Gbraga

I'm probably way behind on this, but what is Crunchyroll (is it Netflix for anime?) and is it worth it if I'm in Brazil (is there a lot of region lock on stuff?)

Grzi

I wouldn't say the story was weak, perhaps unoriginal, but it was executed masterfully.

BONES have a lot of good stuff in their catalog, I'd recommend both FMA series, Eureka 7, Wolf's Rain, RahXephon, Skull Man and perhaps Xam'd.

Hagi

I'm probably way behind on this, but what is Crunchyroll (is it Netflix for anime?) and is it worth it if I'm in Brazil (is there a lot of region lock on stuff?)

Basically yeah. There are add on's for firefox and chrome that bypass the lock which make it worthwhile in my experience as it sucks in the UK, US version has a tonne of series.

Gbraga

Basically yeah. There are add on's for firefox and chrome that bypass the lock which make it worthwhile in my experience as it sucks in the UK.

Oh, that's interesting! I'm looking at their website and there is a lot of really recent stuff, it's all subtitled, right?

I guess I'll sign it this month, seems pretty good.

cajunator

Banned

Crunchyroll is pretty awesome if you can get it. I buy a lot of anime on disc, but eventually CR just had so much worthwhile content that it was impossible for me to pass on a subscription.

Hagi

Oh, that's interesting! I'm looking at their website and there is a lot of really recent stuff, it's all subtitled, right?

I guess I'll sign it this month, seems pretty good.

Yeah it's all subtitled. They get a lot of the new series every season and add some old stuff irregularly as well.

I have a free trial if your interested.

Gbraga

Crunchyroll is pretty awesome if you can get it. I buy a lot of anime on disc, but eventually CR just had so much worthwhile content that it was impossible for me to pass on a subscription.
I'm browsing their catalogue and it does look pretty cool. It has Eve no Jikan which I just found out about and was interested in watching, unfortunately it's SD only :/

Yeah it's all subtitled. They get a lot of the new series every season and add some old stuff irregularly as well.

I have a free trial if your interested.
That would be great! Thanks.

cajunator

Banned
I'm browsing their catalogue and it does look pretty cool. It has Eve no Jikan which I just found out about and was interested in watching, unfortunately it's SD only :/

That would be great! Thanks.

Theyve got the vast majority of the last few seasons readily available. Anime watchers dreamland.

I wouldn't say the story was weak, perhaps unoriginal, but it was executed masterfully.

BONES have a lot of good stuff in their catalog, I'd recommend both FMA series, Eureka 7, Wolf's Rain, RahXephon, Skull Man and perhaps Xam'd.

The story was great till the end
the storming on the stronghold, it felt rushed compared to the rest of the film. The final showdown was brilliant though.

Never heard of Xam'd, I'm going to start Wolfs Rain when I can. Seen the rest and loved those.

cnet128

Banned
I don't think anyone has ever been called out for liking a certain show (at least not on the forums, the IRC room on the other hand is a lawless society), however the reasons for liking certain shows can come under scrutiny but even then the only reasons to usually meet disdain are idol culture and :cnet.

Wait, I'm an emote now?

I'm honestly not sure what that even refers to. Unless it's just "anything I enjoy", in which case sigh.

Gbraga

It's all of the episodes with some new scenes and some minor changes from what I gather. I've only seen the movie so I can only go by the MAL description.

Great, I guess I'll just watch that, thank you :)

It's been a while since I tried to keep up with anime, I hope I can go back to watch it more frequently.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do Crunchyroll as well. I need to catch up on some anime :)

Hagi

Whoa shit checking the first page and the mystery film for SLA might be Yoyo and Nene? After the disaster that was last years mystery film this is amazing news if true. Can't wait for Saturday now.

Thank you very much, I'll try it tonight!

No problem I've had some guest passes sitting about for ages, enjoy.

Gbraga

Again, thanks a lot! Already excited by the idea of having an anime focused netflix, I've always been planning on getting back to watching anime more frequently, but it was a bit too difficult to go after them with my free time, so I just stopped watching anime for the most part, but then Shingeki no Kyojin with its awesome OST made me remember how much I actually like anime.

duckroll

I don't think Media Hint works with Crunchyroll. The larger problem is that Crunchyroll's site actually detects your region by IP and completely hides stuff unavailable in your region on the website itself...

cajunator

Banned
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do Crunchyroll as well. I need to catch up on some anime :)

Dooooo it!

Again, thanks a lot! Already excited by the idea of having an anime focused netflix, I've always been planning on getting back to watching anime more frequently, but it was a bit too difficult to go after them with my free time, so I just stopped watching anime for the most part, but then Shingeki no Kyojin with its awesome OST made me remember how much I actually like anime.

If you can get it to work its well worth everything
the variety of choice is huge.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Someone on my feed is doing work or something. Anyway, here are the new girls in Date A Live.

1379661_517648098313326_142737107_n.jpg

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 1

Much better than what I've seen of the dreadful original TV series, since it looks a lot better and the music isn't the most unfitting thing in the world among other things. Even if this becomes completely nonsensical I'm going to keep at it because this is the only Miyukichi main role of the season (that English SO BEAUTIFUL).

Caesnd

Gundam Build Fighters

Very satisfying, but it still gets to me... How does Iori look more Japanese than ReijI? I guess his clothing style is a bit out of the norm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom