• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno what I'm doing wrong, I can't for the life of me work out how to get onto Crunchyroll US. On the other hand, I can get onto Hulu quite easily, and it as a surprising amount of anime on there.

Someone on my feed is doing work or something. Anyway, here are the new girls in Date A Live.

1379661_517648098313326_142737107_n.jpg

Horray to the berserker sisters !

Those who have read the books know why :)

Gundam Build Fighters 1

For whatever reason the somewhat shameless concept of this didn't turn me off and in fact I kind of enjoyed it. Reiji was a bit of a twist on the situation and the combat animation looked really nice.

At first I thought Reiji
would be a pilot from space or something, but he didn't seem to know what a Gundam was so unless he pilots something other than a mecha, perhaps not.

Hagi

I don't think Media Hint works with Crunchyroll. The larger problem is that Crunchyroll's site actually detects your region by IP and completely hides stuff unavailable in your region on the website itself...

I'm using media hint at the moment, so it at least works for those in the UK.

Yozakura Quartet was pretty cool. This is like the third adaptation of the source material right?

Gbraga

I'll already watch Kill la Kill tonight, but do you guys have any other full retard animes to recommend? I adore TTGL.

Articalys

Wait, so those characters were okay to post after all? Huh. Can't be sure sometimes in this thread. Really wish there were some clear rules on what make something too lewd to inline or not...

Anyway, like they did with Free, KyoAni is posting birthday greetings from the rest of the Kyoukai no Kanata characters for the character whose birthday it is today, namely Akihito:

http://anime-kyokai.com/special/birthday/

The best part is Akihito's own voiceclip at the end, talking about a birthday present of a "glasses harem."

"I know this voice from somewhere", I was thinking the whole episode...then I remembered today at work, "Ah, she is Yayoi!". Now I know why Makoto-chan is so cute.

Gbraga

man, I've been fishing for that tag for ages :'(

I'm still working on that Member tag, I don't wanna be forever young

You should watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

I really should and I have no idea why I didn't yet. Every time I read someone talking about it or see anything related to it it's pure hype.

Kyoukai no Kanata though maybe not in the way you expect.

My friend just watched it an loved it, definitely on my "to watch" list.

Valvrave The Liberator

Heard about it, didn't know it was that kind of anime, will watch.

Cloudy

Banned
Guys, help me find this anime. It was a movie or OVA, I believe. Can't remember what it much about it except it was mechs fighting with swords. It's gotta be about 7-10 years old now.

The ED theme is fantastic and that's what I'm really looking for.

Jarmel

Banned
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 1

Ok I guess. Animation during the fight sequence was decent but not exactly mindblowing. Music was much better than I expected. I also like the new artstyle for the series.

Guys, help me find this anime. It was a movie or OVA, I believe. Can't remember what it much about it except it was mechs fighting with swords. It's gotta be about 7-10 years old now.

Probably Escaflowne.

Kazzy

Hm, haven't watched a thing in weeks, though I did at least manage to finish the two things that I was remaining current with.

[Watamote]:

Perhaps it did stray a little too much with its message, and overall, probably acted a little too jovially for the tone it often implied it was reaching for, but if offered enough to see me through to the end. Though, Tomoko wasn’t really what kept me watching, because truth be told, her character was entirely deplorable, and it wasn’t hard to see that her situation was more a factor of her poisonous personality, than it ever was due to her hobbies/interests. For as much as the central theme is loneliness and isolation, she both laments and embraces her position in equal measure. When any kind of narrative crossroad is reached, it ultimately leads to a minor fix, with Tomoko’s conviction (or lack thereof) being the one thing that maintains the status quo. That, in essence, is her character, so I was never going to be surprised that the anime would take that tact - I just would have liked for it to offer more at its conclusion. As it stands, it just sort of stumbles through the last couple of episodes, before setting right back where it began. Not that I have a problem with that being the ending, rather how it arbitrarily settles there.

The show schizophrenically portrays Tomoko, simultaneously wanting us to (mockingly) laugh at her, while also feeling sympathy. Ambivalence is how I would ultimately describe my feelings towards the story, as it never manages to quite strike a balance, and so those moments of poignancy, largely come across feeling wrought. If it had existed purely as self-contained episodes of sketches (which pretty much what the first half was), I probably would have enjoyed of it a lot more. I just ended up confused as to what it was trying to achieve. Dramatically, it was far too broad to ever really hit, and as mentioned, erratic. It essentially began as a comedy, that wasn't all that funny, and ended up quite maudlin.

Enjoyable, all the same, but I feel as though it squanders itself.

zeroshiki

Kyokai no Kanata - 01

I thought it was pretty good. The action was top notch and it had really solid direction. I'm a sucker for plots that sound like they're from a JRPG so I didn't have much of a problem with the setting. The characters all seem to be dumb as bricks though so I hope that improves over time.

Articalys

Funimation finally ahead of the game -- to avoid anything else being leaked, they've announced their entire Fall season simulcast lineup:

Freezing Vibration will be simulcast Fridays at 12:30pm PDT, with episode 1 going live today to catch up
Unbreakable Machine-Doll will be simulcast Mondays at 12:00pm PDT
Tokyo Ravens will be simulcast Tuesdays at 10:00am PDT
BlazBlue: Alter Memory will be simulcast Tuesdays at 11:00am PDT

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=2237

cnet128

Banned
I needed a substitute term for incest and I'm afraid your name was the first thing that came to mind. I am open to other suggestions.

Though I'm certainly open to and often enjoy incest themes in works, I don't know that I want to be associated with that exclusively >.>

I mean, I enjoy an awful lot of different tropes and fetishes, controversial and otherwise. Incest isn't even particularly high up on the list.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
First you throw our friendship away, now you stab me in the back with a poison knife. What's next I wonder... :(

At that point you'd be dead. I don't think he can do anything to you. Since you're dead though, you can haunt his ass now. =D

BluWacky

It's only 4-5 years old but it's not Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, is it? It has a nice ED and has mechs in that I think fight with swords.

The only other suggestion I have is maybe Break Blade because I like the final ED and it again has mechs with swords. (EDIT: I see I'm a bit slow on that front).

ANOTHER EDIT: - Wings of Rean?

Jarmel

Banned
Monogatari 14-

This is what Nadeko should have been all along. Long overdue. This season of Monogatari has really been good.

Kana Hanazawa putting in dat work.

cajunator

Banned
Sakura Wars has a mech with a sword but I doubt that its the show you're looking for. The OP and ED are fantastic too.

There should be more Sakura wars anime. Particularly starring Erica.

Funimation finally ahead of the game -- to avoid anything else being leaked, they've announced their entire Fall season simulcast lineup:

Freezing Vibration will be simulcast Fridays at 12:30pm PDT, with episode 1 going live today to catch up

So its on Funimation? Damn well thats gonna limit my access to Unbreakable Machine Dolls till I get to my PC :(

He said the ED theme was fantastic, so that would rule out Escaflowne.

Damn. Harsh.

Kagami

What exactly do you dislike with most of those titles?
I think that line up is quite nice already. If you look at the crap MF Bunko J puts out ...
If you want something more "mature" you could always read MW Bunko, Kodansha, or Gentosha's books instead of Dengeki's.
I'd never even heard of Gentosha until a few days ago when I marathoned Uchouten Kazoku / The Eccentric Family with a friend.
That was a pretty cool show.

Oh nice Tokyo Ravens was on my list for wanting to be streamed. Hope its added to Hulu swiftly.

Gbraga

OMG I remembered it. Damn, I have a pretty good memory

It was an OVA called Karas. Nothing particularly memorable but the ED:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFG5m3qgfeQ

And I should have know it was by Rurutia <3

What? Karas isn't about mechas.

And it's awesome :C

But yeah, Selenite is great.

Oh ok so youve seen it.
FOr some reason I stopped watching S2 at episode 8 or so and never went back to it. Maybe I just got tired of how ridiculous it was. But Season 1 was definitely marathon material.

Yeah, S2 got a bit too dumb, but the ending was well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom