• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunagisa

Neo Member
Zaregoto :( I aint even mad.... just :(

Tokyo Ravens 2 cour isn't exactly confirmed? I'm a bit worried in regards to production though since 8-Bit are doing it along with IS 2 and Walkure Romanze this season. And they've like only done 2 series before this, well 3 if you want to count a 5 min anime. (Though they did help alot on Aquarion EVOL and the Frontier movies).

I haven't seen confirmation for TR's 2 cour myself. 2ch's still guessing it's very likely base on circumstances (like VA still recording even though they started a while back, the drama CD's sale date, and a volume 2 character comes out episode 4 etc. and becomes recurring every episode until the end), but I want to see official words etc. Split cour might actually be better than 2.

As for 8-bit, I could've sworn they stopped hiring a little while ago, but apparently they were hiring animators (though deadline was end of August). PV looks ready so can't be worse than how Samurai Flamenco is looking right now scheduling wise ... right?

cajunator

Banned
I saw some people talk about that as though it was a big deal, but it really wasn't. There are two rape "scenes", however there's never any depiction of someone getting raped and I think it was actually done rather tastefully, thinking about how bad it could have been handled.

does not compute.

Lol..I can't believe Infinite Stratos started it's second season with a swimsuit episode :D I see the creators are still intent on pushing boundaries in anime.

Oh, this show doesnt push the boundaries. Maybe the boundaries of stupid but its pretty tame as far as anime goes.

Tabi (´ε` )

Niiiice.

Well, it was drawn by Kino's Journey artist Kouhaku Kuroboshi. And if anyone didn't figure it out already, it's a collection of Dengeki Bunko series heroes and heroines.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmizo/10119473323/

Interesting. thanks for the info. I see KYH and all sorts of loved characters in there as well as several I quite despise.

I sure could go for another season of Kino's Journey. I'm sure they have enough material by now.

Well those OVA/movies were never licensed or released here.

Nichibros 4

Watching this just after watching Kitakubu really drives home just how much of a gulf in quality there is between the two shows. THIS is how you do a gag anime. The reception skit showed how you can do humor with very little dialogue and still have it be hilarious. And the end skit was AMAZING (though I'd seen it before on Youtube).

This show really is wonderful.

It is. Nichibros hits far more than it whiffs.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Kanon (2006) 11

Well...bye Makoto ;_; Hopefully we see you sometime before the show ends.

Welp, onto the next arc I guess.
Why he's so interested in spending his nights with this weird demon hunter girl and trying to get her "popular" or liked, I have no idea. There's really nothing it it for him, at least that I can see. I have like no emotional attachment to her, not even in the least.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tetsuko no Tabi (That Train Otaku Show)

This show is boring, but in a good way. It's very chill and relaxing, makes me ready for a nap. I didn't know anything about this show before I started watching it except that it was about train otakus, but I suspected that there was more to it than that. Nope, that's literally it. Just this otaku dude, his editor, and a non-otaku manga artist riding the rails and visiting station after station, while the otaku dude tells them what's cool about each station (not much). But it's easy to watch, and it's mildly amusing to watch someone geek out over their hobby, and like I said it's very relaxing.

Oh man, I haven't thought about this show in at least a year. This ended up like the Sengoku Tea Time show for me, of the obvious reasons.

Same with that show about growing up in the during the Tokyo Olympics/Showa Era, come to think of it.

cajunator

Banned
Asuna is the SAO representative, not Kirito. Not that we know for sure that Kirito won't be in it yet.

The game also has Misaka (Railgun), Kirino (OreImo), Shana (Shakugan no Shana), Kuroyukihime (Accel World), and Shizuo (Durarara). Plus some other characters from those shows as support characters.

As long as they get Taiga and someone from Maou-sama in there, I'm importing. Hell, I'll import just for Taiga.

I feel similarly. Probably will import just for KYH.

Full clean new visual and logo for Date A Live II:

Also, the seiyuu for these new characters (slightly lewd picture) will be Maaya Uchida and Sarah Emi Bridcutt.

Oh man. Yamai sisters <3
This show already has so many waifus and its about to add more.

gt_zpsb3211929.gif

Not even gifcam can help me make a decent gif :(

Kirito will be in 100%, if he wasn't going to be a character in this game he would've been Asuna's support, like Touma is for Biri Biri lol.

I expect either Maou or Emi to get it from Maou-sama, they pushed a lot of novels thanks to the anime which sold pretty damn well itself.

Yeah Dengeki's lineup is way better than MF Bunko J.

Thats the Toradora authors new show right there isnt it?

Totally forgot I was following Tsunenori Saito on twitter thanks to Duckroll linking it in the thread in February. Turns out he'd posted some new stuff the past couple months I'd just never noticed!

dat Rain

Niiiiiice. I love pencil sketches like this.

When they upload it in 2014.

By hate you actually mean love right?

Nope. I really dontl ike most kugilolis. Taiga is exempt because shes Taiga.

Quasar

Golden Time feels more like a Pet Girl set in college more than something resembling Toradora. The really blatant harem set up is kind of pushes it more in one direction than the other. But hey, hopefully the show doesn't squander the fact that the characters are adults and not high school students anyway.

Is there even enough characters in the show to make a harem?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Kanon (2006) 13

Well okay, this is odd.
I guess supernatural stuff follow the MC around is a hallmark of KEY stuff? I was thinking that he was willingly getting himself (for some bizarre reason) into these fights with the demons, but they're after him? I'm not sure I enjoy just how much they're leaning on this supernatural crutch. I mean in Clannad it's one thing. They use it with Fuko and basically at the end (but weaved throughout(, but there were other, non-supernatural things to drive the story. Here, at least for now, spirits and demons and unexplained dreams and memory loss and memory recovery are the only driving force in the show.

Wiktor

How is she worth it? Does she go all School Days on Ichika's dumb ass and everybody else's dumb ass around him? If not I fail to see how she's worth it. Cute can't save this pile of shit.

You're doing it wrong. You should embrace what Infinite Stratos is, which is pushing the ridiculousness of harem genre to places where no other show has gone before.

Sword Art Online 16-23

Okay. I'm gonna finish this sucker off today. How much is the ending going to piss me off? Or am I beyond the worst of it?

I can't believe they pulled the
"I'm in love with my brother, but we're not blood-related!" angle....

Nordicus

Karin 7

Fuck this anime-only, Winner Sinclair motherfucker. So fucking awful. Who thought he was a good idea. Nope, I'm out. Dropped.
You got more brains than I did.

Alhough I did watch the anime before reading the manga, so I didn't quite know how much better the series is without him.

cnet128

Banned
Sword Art Online 16-23

Okay. I'm gonna finish this sucker off today. How much is the ending going to piss me off? Or am I beyond the worst of it?

I can't believe they pulled the
"I'm in love with my brother, but we're not blood-related!" angle....

Cousins is totally blood-related!
=p

Grzi

Kyoukai no Kanata - 01

It wasn't as bad as most make it out to be. Sure, the writing sucks, but let's keep it real, we're watching anime here, if you're disappointed it's your fault for expecting something well written. It's basically the same show KyoAni has been making for some time now with a few new twists here and there.

That being said, it looks absolutely gorgeous and if that's not enough to make you keep watching something's wrong with you. Hopefully there's action. Lots of it. But probably not, I'll most likely have 10 seconds of action sakuga to look forward to every week, if that.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Kanon (2006) 14

How have these demons really gone unnoticed? I mean, they fuck up a gym with tons of people in it and assault students into comas. Yeah, I know you can do that whole "vandals or criminals" but this has been going on for awhile no? No one has really investigated it that much when they don't find perps or any real clues? I know 'demons' is a pretty stupid thing to investigate, but it just kinda strikes me as a little odd that these events get so little notice. Or that they can constantly keep getting into this school at night, lol. After the first time she broke a window at night, you'd think they'd at least lock the place up.

Well, let's wrap this up soon shall we? I'm glad it's getting a lot more serious but I just simply do not really care about this arc. It's time to move on to the next, which should probably come after this next one.

Alhough I did watch the anime before reading the manga, so I didn't quite know how much better the series is without him.

For real.

Plus, no Elda or Tachibana or Glark? No deal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gingitsune Episode 1:

Ah yes, so this is the Sunday offering of quality I see, well relatively speaking. Anyway, yea this rather interesting to me since the Shintoist religion is something that I find rather mysterious and exotic and have always wanted to know more about. Anyway, this episode was like quite a few first episodes I have seen this season, very slow, very quiet, very deliberate with its pacing while it establishes the world and the characters. The whining kids did give my a patched headache though.

Quasar

I've only watched the anime. I figured like most anime it follows source material pretty closely. At least compared to most US tv.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Hello all,
I'm fishing for recommendations of a specific variety. I'm looking for epic giant robot animes (preferably TV series but I'm not opposed to movies and OVAs) in the vain of Lagann and Gun Busters. I've seen tons of good mecha and giant robo series but I have a craving for following:
  • Epic Story
  • At least a hint of romance
  • Large Robots that are epic on near or larger-than planetary scale
  • Physics be damned!

Other series (I've seen that are ridding the line but fail to meet the cut):
  • Argento Soma - Not large enough
  • Bokurano, Gigantic Formula - Quality story but not epic in the same way... also robos are not big enough
  • Mazinkaiser SKL - badass in every way but a bit light on romance to make this list... also the robos, as badass as they are, are a bit on the peckish side
  • Stelva - Story is epic and romance is cool but you think with all the lack of gravity that they could have fattened up the robot. If they had a robot big enough, they could have saved five schools... Failing to plan is planning to fail I say :(

I hope you guys get the idea and I hope that I didn't specify things out of contention. I just have to imagine that Lagann and Gunbuster being two of the most loved and epic giant robo anime available that the genre is old enough and wide enough to support a few hits against such specificity. If a person can specify a "cross-dressing proxy-battle magical-girl shoujo zombie ninja romance slice-of-school-life harem anime" and get results, I figure I should be safe.

wonzo

Banned
Hello all,
I'm fishing for recommendations of a specific variety. I'm looking for epic giant robot animes (preferably TV series but I'm not opposed to movies and OVAs) in the vain of Lagann and Gun Busters. I've seen tons of good mecha and giant robo series but I have a craving for following:
  • Epic Story
  • At least a hint of romance
  • Large Robots that are epic on near or larger-than planetary scale
  • Physics be damned!

Other series (I've seen that are ridding the line but fail to meet the cut):
  • Argento Soma - Not large enough
  • Bokurano, Gigantic Formula - Quality story but not epic in the same way... also robos are not big enough
  • Mazinkaiser SKL - badass in every way but a bit light on romance to make this list... also the robos, as badass as they are, are a bit on the peckish side
  • Stelva - Story is epic and romance is cool but you think with all the lack of gravity that they could have fattened up the robot. If they had a robot big enough, they could have saved five schools... Failing to plan is planning to fail I say :(

I hope you guys get the idea and I hope that I didn't specify things out of contention. I just have to imagine that Lagann and Gunbuster being two of the most loved and epic giant robo anime available that the genre is old enough and wide enough to support a few hits against such specificity. If a person can specify a "cross-dressing proxy-battle magical-girl shoujo zombie ninja romance slice-of-school-life harem anime" and get results, I figure I should be safe.
Have you seen Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still? It's not quite "planetary scale" large but you'll be hard-pressed to find a robot series able to pull off an overwhelming sense of scale quite like this one can.

giantroboova.jpg

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Have you seen Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still? It's not quite "planetary scale" large but you'll be hard-pressed to find a robot series able to pull off an overwhelming sense of scale quite like this one can.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/anime/giantroboova.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Thank you. You sold me on sense of scale. It's part of what I'm craving plus this is new to me (I heard the name before in passing but I never followed up). I love 90s anime too so that's a plus in my book. I'll definitely watch.

Nordicus

I've only watched the anime. I figured like most anime it follows source material pretty closely. At least compared to most US tv.
So did I, but now I know better. Basically, the moment Winner Sinclair arrives, the plot is derailed completely and does not return

After finishing Sword Art Online, need a new series to watch now. I'm waiting on Steins;Gate until the game comes out to watch that.

The only "newer" series I've even watched in years has been K-ON! and Sword Art. Other than that a lot of older series as classics.

Would appreciate some good recommendations, here's some older series I really enjoyed.

Death Note
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
The Slayers
Fushigi Yuugi
Utena
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Alchemist
Berserk
Great Teacher Onizuka
Ranma 1/2
Vandread

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Kanon (2006) 15

Yeah we're really leaning on that supernatural crutch now. It is internesting to see that all the main girls knew Uichi from his childhood that he's forgotten. It's some loose interleaving but it's neat. It'll be interesting to see how the remaining three fit in specifically, especially Aiyu and Nayuki.

Oh no, not inexplicable coughing disease! That's like 100% chance of death! Okay fine...well played little Jesus-girl. 99.99% chance.

Okay now that's...actually kinda interesting little set of twists.

I'm actually like that metaphor of her sword and her fighting for her front, her persona, her coldness. That hit pretty damn close to home.

Ah yes it's just like Valvra--- it's nothing like Valvrave, nevermind.

The show keeps bashing their message of dreams, falling asleep, and waking up. Aside from Ayu's little opening monologues, the arcs contain the themes too. Makoto's arc was more about it's about falling back asleep into one's dreams and hopes. Mai's arc was about waking up from one's delusions and accepting their true self. Ayu, Nayuki, and Shiori will probably have similar dream-related arcs. And overall, I think Yuichi's story's message isn't totally clear yet, but the dream relation is: I think his past in this town as a kid was a dream, and like a dream, you forget what happens when you wake up so I think he's slowly piecing together an dream.

Anyways, with that we conclude arc #2.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
After finishing Sword Art Online, need a new series to watch now. I'm waiting on Steins;Gate until the game comes out to watch that.

The only "newer" series I've even watched in years has been K-ON! and Sword Art. Other than that a lot of older series as classics.

Would appreciate some good recommendations, here's some older series I really enjoyed.

Death Note
The Slayers
Fushigi Yuugi
Utena
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Alchemist
Berserk
Great Teacher Onizuka
Ranma 1/2
Vandread

I'll say Madoka Magica.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Death Note
The Slayers
Fushigi Yuugi
Utena
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Alchemist
Berserk
Great Teacher Onizuka
Ranma 1/2
Vandread

Code Geass would probably be a good bet, if you haven't watched.

I'll say Madoka Magica.

Oh, looks pretty moe. Thanks for the suggestion!

Code Geass would probably be a good bet, if you haven't watched.

I have no seen it. I've heard it's pretty good. Not sure what's been keeping me. Also, I hear one of the Fate series is pretty good, don't know if it's considered up there with Geass though.

I also love the crazy slapstick series like Cromartie High School, Azumanga Daioh and Excel Saga.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I have no seen it. I've heard it's pretty good. Not sure what's been keeping me. Also, I hear one of the Fate series is pretty good, don't know if it's considered up there with Geass though.

I also love the crazy slapstick series like Cromartie High School, Azumanga Daioh and Excel Saga.

Geass Season One is actually quite similar to Death Note in feel. Geass Season Two is just fucking crazy but so worth it.

If you love crazy slap stick then you MUST watch the English dub of Golden Boy. Seriously, it's one of the funniest things you'll ever watch. I'm not exaggerating.

So did I, but now I know better. Basically, the moment Winner Sinclair arrives, the plot is derailed completely and does not return

If the seventh episode is anything to go by, then no. It doesn't follow it close in the least. I can understand them maybe trying to cut some things out to save time (it is 14 volumes) but still.

I think the biggest issue, like a lot of series, is that the source manga is still ongoing when they do the series. The manga ran from Oct 2003-Feb 2008 and the anime went from Nov 2005-May 2006. By the time they probably started production, there were probably only a few volumes out and would've had about as much story wise as the first six episodes covered (plus a chunk more) so I bet they were just like "Uhhh, well, that didn't last long? What do we do for the remaining 18 episodes?" and pulled this Winner loser (see what I did there? :p) out of their asses.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never know what to recommend since I know my tastes are slightly out of kilter with the norm. This is why I always go for Girls Bravo. It's fun for the whole family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom