• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

It's the way of AnimeGAF. People somehow feel they need to be apologetic about pretty much everything they like to save face, while others refrain from commenting altogether, so you get an imbalance where only flippant dismissals get openly propagated.

Apologizing for your own tastes means you have already lost. Both good and bad.

Really when it comes to shows/games I haven't watched/played (and aren't part of an established series), my policy is to immediately discard all impressions or reviews past a certain extreme on either side and just focus on everything else adjusting for bias. I'll only agree or disagree with a gushing review or scathing criticism after the fact.

Theonik

THE iDOLWR@STLER 01
%5Bhorriblesubs%5D%20sekai%20de%20ichiban%20tsuyoku%20naritai!%20-%2001%20%5B720p%5D.mkv_snapshot_16.42_%5B2013.10.07_13.06.34%5D.png
I feel very fortunate to be watching my anime with headphones as the first 10 seconds of would have probably caused some massive awkwardness were they played on speaker.
Overall this was kinda butt-ugly and probably not worth it. It's also an ecchi series, so expect this episode to have lots of physics defying lightbeams on stuff like shower scenes that seem to be shoved in for no real reason.
Surprisingly though, the censorship is restricted to those and not the lingering crotchshots the show practically is filled with or the shots that make you wonder how the :chet remains inside that clothing.
I have to say the premise is adequately silly that there is some entertainment to be had. Maybe. Ah Idol culture will you never stop amazing me?
Probably waiting for the BD, then watch it for all its shameless :SDBurtoness.
A more than modest amount of [REDACTED] though not really well drawn.

Midonin

Though as far as Yozakura is concerned, Sentai did get the first season, so the chances of the remake being picked up for simulcast are certainly there. Then again, I thought the same thing about Symphogear last season. (Also RO-KYU-BU!, but that one had its home video rights taken away in America for obvious reasons.)

As far as Kyousogiga's chances... would that one be shopped around? It's on the odd side, but stranger things have been streamed. The more the better, but sometimes announcements can come late. Like the whole thing with Love Lab. This time is always one of uncertainty.

Magi S2 - Episode 1

Still as good as last time. Animation still looks nice to me, and I'm kinda surprised that the
blue haired girl survived stabbing herself in the stomach
. I hope to see some fighting soon, because I like the fighting in this show.

OP - Pretty good, but nothing special. It kinda sounds like a typical shounen show OP.
ED - I thought this was great, I really liked the song.

Hajime no Ippo Rising - Episode 1

I never watched Hajime no Ippo so I just jumped in on this. Interesting past Ippo has going on there. Also the fighting is pretty cool to watch.

OP - Decent
ED - One of the best ED songs I've heard so far, along with the animation is nice. I like it more then Magi's ED.

JCG

One of the reasons I actually kinda like S2 is because of how ridiculous the whole thing is. I suppose seeing shows really jump the shark is a guilty pleasure of mine.

You could say Geass R2 jumps the shark, albeit in an intended craziness-as-entertainment way, but then un-jumps it at the end. I'm honestly satisfied with how things wrapped up.

Geass S1 was incredible until the last 5 or so episodes

Geass S2 was shit until the last 5 or so episodes

It only they could just cut everything from episode 20 thru 45 the series would be perfect

JCG

Geass S1 was incredible until the last 5 or so episodes

Geass S2 was shit until the last 5 or so episodes

It only they could just cut everything from episode 20 thru 45 the series would be perfect

I strongly disagree with the first statement. Episodes 23 to 25 of Code Geass S1 are great.

I partially disagree with the second, since R2 was obviously much worse but had a few good moments throughout.

Defuser

Outbreak Company ep 1

Introducing another world with the culture of otaku/Japanimation? This is gonna be one trainwreck that has strapped me in for the the crash.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nagi no Asukara 01
This is one of the most poorly realized settings I have seen in a long time. Add on bad fake racism and a dickish main character who emulates abusive relationships even though he isn't in one.

Theonik

Apologizing for your own tastes means you have already lost. Both good and bad.

Really when it comes to shows/games I haven't watched/played (and aren't part of an established series), my policy is to immediately discard all impressions or reviews past a certain extreme on either side and just focus on everything else adjusting for bias. I'll only agree or disagree with a gushing review or scathing criticism after the fact.
I don't really care personally. Just explaining a situation that is true for a lot of people.
That's why a lot of people avoid posting here after all!
It works better for everyone this way.

Branduil

How can you say you love her if you can't even watch her ED?

Well the problem is you just finished watching an awesome episode of Escaflowne, and the next thing you see is Van doing a Michael Jackson pose followed by "BWAAAAARRRRR BWAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR."

Dynedom

Echoing sentiments of the Escaflowne ED being bad.

After some Ep 1 watches it looks like I'll be sticking with

-Log Horizon
-Golden Time
-Yozakura Quartet
-Kill la Kill
-Strike the Blood

fertygo

Well the problem is you just finished watching an awesome episode of Escaflowne, and the next thing you see is Van doing a Michael Jackson pose followed by "BWAAAAARRRRR BWAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR."

Having bad ED is one thing but having ED that can ruin your mood within 2 second are much worse.. fuck that ED.

One cant watch and post? No one does dual screen computer + hdtv hookups? Some EDs have the best parts, like Sasami-san...
Though most times I wait hours to even a day to post a response.

I have an aversion to it simply because I want to enjoy what I'm watching, and not try to do two things at once. For that reason, the vast majority of my anime watching is done via the crunchyroll app on PS3, and blu-ray.

One cant watch and post? No one does dual screen computer + hdtv hookups? Some EDs have the best parts, like Sasami-san...
Though most times I wait hours to even a day to post a response.

Yeah, I throw all anime up on the TV. I like basking in a nice ED after a good episode. K-ON was great for that.

Please don't say you are lazy.

Midonin

Except for Kyousogiga and Yozakura, everything I wanted to watch has been legally picked up, and I'm suspecting the latter may be picked up yet. I love living in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom