• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Finally, the first proper PV/teaser for Seiji Mizushima/Gen Urobuchi sci-fi feature Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QPlxbdTfAE
9tCQNss.jpg

Rewatch Digimon Tamers 7

Maybe when he's no longer on Juri Duty, Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Finally, someone said not everything lasts forever. This sure is dark ahuhuhuh

Surprised Takato had the balls to actually approach her, well not that he had a choice with Blagumon disappearing on him. Ruki or whatever is going tsun.

Gazoinks

Ergo Proxy 5

Well that had a dark ending! ;_; Pino is too adorable and it's making me a little suspicious. i think she's going to die or get her personality changed or get removed from the party somehow or something.

In other news, Re-l lost her tiny tie. Victory is mine!

Ergo Proxy 5

Well that had a dark ending! ;_; Pino is too adorable and it's making me a little suspicious. i think she's going to die or get her personality changed or get removed from the party somehow or something.

In other news, Re-l lost her tiny tie. Victory is mine!

I watched this series back when Geneon first released it on DVD. Man, remember the old days when people waited for each DVD volume? Ergo had a certain appeal to it. Almost like a cross between Ghost In The Shell and something like Paranoia Agent.

I may need to dust off the DVDs and rewatch it one of these days. After Gurren Lagann.

jediyoshi

And, you'll find that these guys are more like the crew from VC3 or BF:BC if you want to make game comparisons. lol

For some reason I read that at first as VC2 and my heart sank. Then it sank again when I realized the VC3 fan translation still isn't finished. Looks like they just put out an update mentioning they were still alive a few days ago so I guess all hope isn't lost

the characters are the main reason this show is so likeable. None of them are annoying or insufferable. Also Noel is ADORABLE.

Noel is fully adorbs, she's like the best parts of Tsukiko and Yuki from Haruhi in one.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Love Lab - 13 [END]

One of the better shows from this summer season. Loveable characters and wonderful animation. Was hesitant for a bit when the boys showed up but thankfully they weren't as big of a threat as I thought they'd be. Here's hoping they have more crossdressing Maki in season 2 if it ever happens, absolutely loved seeing Eno losing her composure and getting swept off her feet!

Gazoinks

I watched this series back when Geneon first released it on DVD. Man, remember the old days when people waited for each DVD volume? Ergo had a certain appeal to it. Almost like a cross between Ghost In The Shell and something like Paranoia Agent.

I may need to dust off the DVDs and rewatch it one of these days. After Gurren Lagann.

I wasn't watching anime in those days! :p

Yeah, that's a good comparison. Throw a bit of Lain in there too (although it's considerably less of a mindscrew so far).

I just finished Gurren Lagann a few days ago. My opinion on it as a whole wavered around 8/10 or maybe 9/10 on a good day for most of the series, but then the last 8 episodes were just insanely amazing concentrated awesomeness.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For some reason I read that at first as VC2 and my heart sank. Then it sank again when I realized the VC3 fan translation still isn't finished. Looks like they just put out an update mentioning they were still alive a few days ago so I guess all hope isn't lost
With the way Sega rolls, they'll probably DMCA it the day before it comes out.

I wasn't watching anime in those days! :p

Yeah, that's a good comparison. Throw a bit of Lain in there too (although it's considerably less of a mindscrew so far).

Man, I haven't seen Lain in years. Have the DVD box set, though.

I just finished Gurren Lagann a few days ago. My opinion on it as a whole wavered around 8/10 or maybe 9/10 on a good day for most of the series, but then the last 8 episodes were just insanely amazing concentrated awesomeness.

Gurren Lagann is insanity. I had a blast with it when I first watched the DVDs. No way am I forking out $550 or whatever horrendous price they're asking for the Blu-Ray collection. I still own the DVDs, but if I rewatch it, I may just stream it off of crunchyroll. Why not?

Given how awesome Lagann was, I can't wait for Kill La Kill.

Seeing the announcement today really makes me need to watch FLCL. I've only seen 2 episodes of it, but it was a long time ago so I didn't understand one thing about it.

I think now I might be able to understand the story of it, and what the heck a "Fooly Cooly" is.

Gazoinks

Man, I haven't seen Lain in years. Have the DVD box set, though.

Gurren Lagann is insanity. I had a blast with it when I first watched the DVDs. No way am I forking out $550 or whatever horrendous price they're asking for the Blu-Ray collection. I still own the DVDs, but if I rewatch it, I may just stream it off of crunchyroll. Why not?

Given how awesome Lagann was, I can't wait for Kill La Kill.
I watched about half of Lain like a year and a half ago and should really get around to going back and actually watching the whole thing.

Yeeesss, definitely looking forward to Kill La Kill. Shame Gainax are kind of defunct now, but Trigger seem to be carrying their torch.

Seeing the announcement today really makes me need to watch FLCL. I've only seen 2 episodes of it, but it was a long time ago so I didn't understand one thing about it.

I think now I might be able to understand the story of it, and what the heck a "Fooly Cooly" is.
Understand is... a strong word to use for FLCL. :p It's an awesome show though. If, after watching it, you're completely confused, I recommend checking out the AV Guide's episode overviews. They clarify plot and theme stuff without going into "EVERYTHING IS SYMBOLIC FOR EVERYTHING ELSE" territory.

Rewatch Digimon Tamers 8

8 episodes in and Takato is still a fucking scrub. Doesn't even have his on stock footage yet. I mean shit, in Heartcatch, sure Tsubomi/Cure Blossom was a scrub of a main lead, but she didn't suck for this long!

Blagumon also finally digivolved into his new original Champion form, Bleymon!

CorvoSol

Zegapain 2

All dem nubile young bodies in swim suits. Plenty of upper body for DTL. What was this show about again? Oh yeah, mecha.

Sort of. So it turns out that it ISN'T a game, but that these high schoolers are locked in some kind of interdimensional time loop struggle? Maybe? Not really sure, other than that I'm now certain it takes less than 0 skill to pilot a mech. Which is good. And also that piloting a mecha makes you, regardless of who you are, instantly more attractive. Even if you're Sutermo Sweatson.

But I digress. Aside from the dated CGI, nothing looks bad here so far, and I'm convinced that the female childhood friend is played by the same woman who played NTaRu in FUCK YOU ASTRAL OCEAN. Which is a bit split for me, because her voice is adorable, but man, that voice dredges up some unpleasant memories.

Articalys

Anyway I'm pretty sure we're not going to get any more responses on the highly unscientific Utena poll, so here's how it stands right now. Since it wasn't hidden behind a quote, there might be a few lurker votes in there.

Never watched it -- 40 (60%)
Watched it subbed -- 18 (27%)
Watched it with the dub -- 6 (9%)
Watched it both sub and dub -- 3 (4%)

Jintor

I wasn't aware he was girl-aging. But I probably should have guessed.

Huh, I thought he was doing an education degree...

Rewatch Digimon Tamers 8

8 episodes in and Takato is still a fucking scrub. Doesn't even have his on stock footage yet. I mean shit, in Heartcatch, sure Tsubomi/Cure Blossom was a scrub of a main lead, but she didn't suck for this long!

Blagumon also finally digivolved into his new original Champion form, Bleymon!

Takato gets awesome eventually. It just takes some shit going down before he can really bloom into his full potential.

Takato gets awesome eventually. It just takes some shit going down before he can really bloom into his full potential.

I'm going to be honest though, I could probably applaud them for doing so since it'll make his character arc better for the most part, although with leads, they still had elements of scrubbiness that they work out... well personality wise at least.

I'm going to assume he'll get awesome when he really has to go on Juri Duty.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 46

And the shit's finally going down. Oyajide's in control now, after Akatsuki and his cronies did their inevitable heel-face turn.

Whatever. All I know is that when it comes time to say goodbye to Hana-chan it'll be super sad time.

Narag

If he could stop imagining himself in situations where girls throw themselves at him, I'm sure he'd have more than enough time to write his papers.

When he becomes a prolific light novel author based on these experiences, you'll appreciate the time spent doing so.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 11 (rewatch)

Urusai count = Episode: 3 Total: 23

And so begins the "Taiga's father" storyline, as well as the school festival arc. Probably the first time the show really ramps up the drama.

Also I was looking for a certain gif for this post since I'm too lazy to fire up GifCam, and I found this instead:

I need this. Oh god I need this so bad.

CorvoSol

Anyway I'm pretty sure we're not going to get any more responses on the highly unscientific Utena poll, so here's how it stands right now. Since it wasn't hidden behind a quote, there might be a few lurker votes in there.

Never watched it -- 40 (60%)
Watched it subbed -- 18 (27%)
Watched it with the dub -- 6 (9%)
Watched it both sub and dub -- 3 (4%)

I AM THE FUTURE SEER CAJUN

MY OPINION IS RIGHT BECAUSE OF ARTI'S POLL

I AM THE FUTURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom