• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

The three wives are all married to Karlheim
Yui (the self insert "sacrifice" from the "church") was born as a result of an affair between Cordelia & Richter
I have nfi what the revival thing is.
Both Karlheim and Cordelia raped Christa until she was insane.

Am I reading that right or are
two of Cordelia's children in love with her.

cnet128

Banned
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio -Ars Nova- 1

Things about this episode that were good: The narration at the beginning, because Nakata Jouji's voice is amazing.
Things about this episode that were meh: The rest.

Dropped.

Blazblue May Cry Episode 1

I am intrigued. Yet nothing much has been said. The action isn't spectacularly animated and so far it seems like it'll be action based [fighting game duh].

Branduil

She started raping one of them and it wasn't before long the other one found out and became jealous. Yep, that's right.

ifIhDZIoWA8hz.gif

Jarmel

Banned
She started raping one of them and it wasn't before long the other one found out and became jealous. Yep, that's right.

So is this spoilers for the entire series or the first 4 episodes?

I might have to start watching this.

CorvoSol

Ass on Titan 23

I'm gonna start with the bullshit about this episode, so I can say what was nice and leave a positive impression at the end. So, here's my two big gripes with this episode: First and foremost the flashbacks. It's so completely unnecessary and has been a consistent weakness of the show to do these flashbacks, and it does nothing but muddle the story telling. There was nothing gained from these flashbacks today at all. We already knew that the Survey Corps had a trap or traps laid for the Female Titan, and we already knew who the Female Titan was. Neither of those were big surprises, and neither of them were unanswered questions. It was entirely pointless. The other complaint is that the Female Titan escaped under essentially the exact same circumstances as last time. It felt too much like a repeat of the forest, except with explanatory flashbacks instead of a bunch of unnamed fucktards asking what we're doing in this forest.

So that stuff is shit and I will never agree that it isn't.

Now, that out of the way, this episode really did feel like a return to the quality of the first few episodes. The CG in the city isn't offensively hideous like it is in the forest, and the action sequences were good, aside from Female Titan's boring ass spam of wire-stomp. Armin and Mikasa have manned the fuck up, and even Jean's become a boss. Eren is a whiny, shitty bitch, but then, in 25 episodes many mecha protagonists are still whiny, shitty bitches. Seriously, though, Armin has really ceased to be the enormous bitch he was back in Trost, and I commend them on that. Mikasa's "pep-talk" to Eren was the verbal highlight of the episode. The fight really was pretty good, and the music served well to pump the audience up for what was going down.

In other words, episode 24 delivered on the promises made. It wasn't a stellar episode, but it was certainly enough to give me a faint amount of hope that next season everyone involved in the project will be fired and new people will be able to do the series justice. Or uh, maybe the people at WIT aren't shitty, headless chicken no talent hacks. Well, they are, but maybe one of them isn't and he managed to be the one in charge today. Who knows.

The point is I might actually watch next season because these last two episodes have been better than the twelve episodes from the time Trost went to shit until now. But boy do I wish this show would lay off the horrible CG. Shit is 1995 levels of ugly.

So is this spoilers for the entire series or the first 4 episodes?

I might have to start watching this.

Based on the 4 available episodes, you wouldn't believe anything so interesting was coming up. There's barely any progress. We've only just seen
Karlheim on TV, with no explanation as to who he is yet.
That's not to say it won't turn on a dime, get WTF next episode and never look back.

Tokyo Ravens 01

Jesus another anime with the possibility of greatness? I don't need anymore lol too many.

Also am I the only one who saw the group of hummers driving by and screamed "MUUUUUUUUUUURICA! FAK YEAH"

ibjzEJ7JA7wjyj.gif

Free! 10

Marin-chan definitely has a perfect body

Rei starting to feel like the fifth wheel amongst everyone and he's righfully correct. I like him but he needed some development to get closer with the group instead of being just that newcomer.

Nice to see Haru immediately pickup Rei's thought process of being left out and tell their story with Rin to him. Not sure Rei needed to go and confront Rin, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about it.

cnet128

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 1

Dammit. I thought this show wouldn't really be my kind of thing, and went into it with the sole intention of confirming my suspicion and then dropping it. I really wanted to drop it. I don't need to get roped in for three whole cours of long-running shonen cycling-manga adaptation.

But I couldn't do it. The episode was too charming and fun. The main character is pretty damn endearing for a loser otaku. The look of the show is really bright, clean and appealing, and it moves nicely too. The episode even had a prominent female character in it, which I wasn't banking on based on the promo art. And she's actually pretty amazing, as well. Pity she's relegated to the manager position because this series is about MAN CYCLING, not GIRL CYCLING.

I'm still vaguely hoping that this show won't hold my interest in the long run and I'll end up dropping it after all, but for the moment, it seems significantly more worthy of my attention than a lot of the other stuff I'm watching this season. Will watch more.

Theonik

The Blazblue anime clearly has about as many animation frames as the game does. :p
I'd retort but it's true :(

Glad to see you're getting around to watching more of this.
Yeah, I also watched 04 today which I will post about Soon(TM)
Sadly I've been hardly getting time for anime lately.

Same. DAT TAIL.
So Fuwa Fuwa.

I'm about 15 episodes into Kaiji. It's pretty great so far, and I really liked the whole RPS card game, but I need a serious palate cleanser after some of these last episodes. Man. This ain't no Harem Romantic Comedy School Life Hot Springs Episode Club Activities I Will Always Treasure These Memories anime.

zawa zawa
I think it's time for me to share this with you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I'm the last person on Earth to get an HD television.

While flicking through the list of useless SmartTV functions I saw a Manga UK app. So now i'm watching Dirty Pair Flash and gee whizz this dub is terrible.

Due to your location, maybe?

Living in North America up in New England I couldn't possibly fathom why I'd be getting Spanish commercials. Maybe if I was still living in Florida

No idea, but I do recall this happening a few seasons ago. I typically wait until the series are up at Hulu, but now that the new site is out I might have to try out their video player again.

The free simulcast are only in SD, but commercials are short and quick unlike Hulu's 2 minutes of commercials every 5 minutes of anime shenanigans.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tokyo Ravens Episode 1:

Right, so this episode is the definition of wood whiplash with the first 2/3 being a generic slice of life romance anime set in Hogwart's Tokyo Branch and then what appears to be Cathrine from the game, er, Cathrine appears and all of a sudden it turns into a magical action show with a LOT of sexual overtones. Also, more ugly CGI, including a replacement for the Fate/Zeromobile. Retaining this on the watchlist for now because they introduced an actually interesting character and this is the only anime to watch on Tuesdays.

The free simulcast are only in SD, but commercials are short and quick unlike Hulu's 2 minutes of commercials every 5 minutes of anime shenanigans.

I know, but FUNimation's site would constantly crash. As much as I want to avoid commercials, I can deal with those two minutes to respond on GAF.

BlazBlue Alter Memory 1

Well that was... okay, did a decent job of adapting the first half of Ragna's story from the first BlazBlue game. Kind of disappointed they flat out spoil the main twist behind the original games plot in the first 30 seconds of the anime. I feel like i wouldn't enjoy this if I wasn't already a fan of the game, but at the same time watching this makes me wish I was just playing the game instead.

Also I like how the ending has Ragna say "please lets hope this ends up better then most adaptations based upon fighting games" lol at least they're self aware.

cajunator

Banned
So I'm the last person on Earth to get an HD television.

While flicking through the list of useless SmartTV functions I saw a Manga UK app. So now i'm watching Dirty Pair Flash and gee whizz this dub is terrible.

Smartv?
What brand?
It comes with an anime app?

Metrotab

Banned
Darker than Black - 6

WHYYYYYYYYY

Why does the show keep doing this? Why should I even bother trying to get invested into interesting characters with nice backstories
when the show is seemingly intent to kill them every 2 episodes?

Theonik

Thats the kind I have. 55 inch Samsung smart tv.
I bet it's not even that smart. Doesn't even freeze when you try and play SAO probably.

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still 04
%28g_p%29%20giant%20robo%2004%281080p%2010-bit%29%28285bea63%29.mkv_snapshot_09.50_%5B2013.10.08_16.20.57%5D.png

Big fire can't afford to pay his henchmen confirmed.
This episode... Manly tears shed.
Taiso noooooooooo! Alberto seemed so sad that his rival died. NOT LIKE THIS!
Roboooooooooooooooooooooo
We also learn
Dr. Franken Von Fogler's obvious identity.
Next episode sounds hyyyyyyyyyyyype

cnet128

Banned
Tokyo Ravens 1

Oh hey, this is actually legit good. It has nice-looking character designs (I like the two random dark bits of hair the MC has, they're distinctive), cute girls (I'm totally on Team Hokuto, but there's also a sweet HanaKana cutie in there, and even the antagonist girl at the end is pretty cute in a psycho sort of way), enjoyable romance elements, along with some kind of supernatural action-y plot that seems interesting and is so far moving at a decent pace. I actually got vague Zetsuen no Tempest vibes at times, in a good way, though that may just be because there was a brief scene with organised magic-users fighting a tree... XD

Visually too, the show looks really nice, with the exception of a couple of bits of awkward CG which I can overlook. Overall I think this looks like one of the most promising shows of the season. I hope it can keep up this kind of quality.

Quasar

Tokyo Ravens 01

Jesus another anime with the possibility of greatness? I don't need anymore lol too many.

Yeah. I enjoyed it too.

This season is annoying me...too many shows that I find enjoyable, but not great and few shows that I tried and disliked. Too many to watch...so I'll have to cut shows that I thought were OK.

Also annoying is that no show stands above for me. Its pretty much 'oh its ok, watchable for now' stuff.

Tokyo Ravens 1

Another anime that looks to be fairly enjoyable this season, honestly the only series I would even remotely consider dropping at this point is BlazBlue.

Wasn't expecting the last shot to play out the way it did, the world itself seems interesting but I need to know more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom