• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gargantia sequel confirmed!

Bonus look at lewd new characters in the second OVA:

2be9fb4a441571e581c96556d6988f34f46509de_m.gif

Chronoexe

Imouto Paradise 2: 2

Pink Girl gets the lovin this episode, of course my forgetfulness here made me think she took up both episodes which would've irritated me. And honeslty, I like the blue girl more. Somehow more natural when it comes to sensual activities with your older brother.

No, like the last episode, there was no sakuga lovefests, which makes this inferior to the first one, and I doubt the others will get any screen time either. What a shame. I liked them more.

Finally kirby showing nice taste :p

I liked the blue girl too, maybe because the black stockings, and you are right it feels more natural with her. At least we had a scene with her at the end.

There is going to be another Ova? do you liked the first season?

sonicmj1

Wait a second is this a prequel season or something?

The video seems to be focusing on Commander Kugel. I guess we're going to be seeing what he was up to while Ledo was off with Amy before his untimely death.

That's the second OVA, I think.

Always excited for more Gargantia. I hope this season stays more low-key.

fertygo

Wait a second is this a prequel season or something?

The video seems to be focusing on Commander Kugel. I guess we're going to be seeing what he was up to while Ledo was off with Amy before his untimely death.

That's the second OVA preview, the only tease for the sequel so far is that big announcement pic.

That's the second OVA preview, the only tease for the sequel so far is that big announcement pic.

Ah. That makes sense.

GURREN LAGANN and GARGANTIA SPOILERS.

So, anyone think there's hope they might pull a Lordgenome with Chamber and have his data preserved or something? I'm not sure what else can fill the void in the series if it's going to continue. Not that I wouldn't watch it anyway.

Theonik

Isn't there some other AnimeGAF cool kid club show I have to watch, still? Like Arjuna or something?
I have an up to date copy of it here. Gonna try and push some fixes today if I get some more feedback.
Yes Hito I'll try and get the Happy Science order stuff up today.

Say it with me: "Yamato Takeru no Mikoto"

Yami is something completely different, in that it's creatively horrible in every way but having a bad dub.
DAMN YOU YAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTO!
Also Yamihat might well get a bad dub soon enough with the new DVD coming out. Fingers crossed :(

What about Mad Bull 34? What's that? I know wonzo's a fan.
I recently (2 months ago) watched it so you can search for my impressions in the last thread.

I'm going to have to manually add Black Rock Shooter to this list every time, aren't I?
For an easy $4.99 a month you too can be featured on the list!

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt 3

I don't have words that work here.
This episode is really the highlight of the English dub too.

Mature

As much as I enjoyed Gargantia, I can't imagine them doing anything interesting with it in a second season. Would love to be wrong!

Finally kirby showing nice taste :p

I liked the blue girl too, maybe because the black stockings, and you are right it feels more natural with her. At least we had a scene with her at the end.

There is going to be another Ova? do you liked the first season?

What do you mean finally :l

I don't know if we'll get another one, but I'm hoping. However none of the other characters have even appeared in the slightest during these OVAs so I don't know. And yes I do like the first season.

I was just randomly searching around, and I saw that Maken Ki has a new OVA out. I was skipping through the OVA and lawd! Every single time I skipped through the video it was just more boobs on the screen. That OVA puts the ecchi in ecchi and I haven't even fully watched it.

/XX/

Fifteen days until the release of the Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt BD-BOX Forever Bitch Edition, complete with English subtitles and a CD containing Taku Takahashi's new remixes, and TRIGGER Inc., executive director Kazuya Masumoto already has it (http://p.twipple.jp/NQMJz)! Showcasing another suggestive cover that features P&S toying with what I suppose is one of Garterbelt's big black frankfurters.

Ooh, they're doing a rerelease of the Mushishi Blu-ray box set in Japan this December. MSRP this time is 23000 yen, about 10000 yen less than the original release four years ago. Doesn't have English subtitles, but hey, it's nice to know that someone somewhere thought it was worth another release.
Building hype for Season 2!
I'm ready for a early Winter airing announcement, as I keep trusting on Chihiro Okamoto first forecast. :)

And the proper edit of it available to represent Mr. Ikuhara's fabulous influence...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
As much as I enjoyed Gargantia, I can't imagine them doing anything interesting with it in a second season. Would love to be wrong!

I hope its a light-hearted slice of life series thats focused on the 3 main girls and their daily lives as couriers as they interact with the other people of the world.

so yes basically a new season of Aria.

This is what I am thinking too, I am not as keen on the female characters as the rest of animeGAF, and I liked Ledo before his development. So there is really nothing there for me.

Fifteen days until the release of the Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt BD-BOX Forever Bitch Edition, complete with English subtitles and a CD containing Taku Takahashi's new remixes, and TRIGGER Inc., executive director Kazuya Masumoto already has it (http://p.twipple.jp/NQMJz)! Showcasing another suggestive cover that features P&S toying with what I suppose is one of Garterbelt's big black frankfurters.

I'm ready for a early Winter airing announcement, as I keep trusting on Chihiro Okamoto first forecast. :)

And the proper edit of it available to represent Mr. Ikuhara's fabulous influence...

This shit is too fabulous max.

Articalys

Yeah, going to have to count myself in with the group that's happy for more from the franchise but has no idea where they're going to go with the story given how the TV series ended.

Pooya

well, Gargantia series spoilers

- rest of humanity is floating around in space still at war with... other half of former humanity
- Gargantia turned out to be an orbital elevator
- There is a warp gate around Earth.. or was?

or they could explore rest of the ocean and whatever is down there...

Maybe second OVA sheds some light on the other side of story and possibly the sequel too, they announced the sequel now just before that's released.

In any case I don't see a dead end at all.

CorvoSol

• Sword Art Online S2 01
DcwzDr6.png

"FOR YOUR COUNTRY, KIRITO-KUN!" Is the new Anime-GAF phrase for me. Gonna say that a lot for the next day. I just keep laughing.

Yeah, going to have to count myself in with the group that's happy for more from the franchise but has no idea where they're going to go with the story given how the TV series ended.

Me too. Super stoked for Gargantia S2, as it was probably my top Mecha anime of the year so far, but like, no idea at all where it is going given the end of last season.

santeesioux

Nagi no Asukara 2

I remember someone on here saying male tsunderes don't work after watching the first episode of this show, they were right. Dropped.

I should probably get around to finishing Gargantia with this news.

Space Brothers 70:
Mutta does a pretty impulsive thing in
giving up his spot to Serika.
I get why he did it, and it might work out for the best, but he's definitely going to have to work a lot harder now for a pretty slim shot at achieving things. Fortunately for him, his new task seems like something he's really suited for. This is going in a different direction than I had anticipated, so I'm curious to see exactly where it leads.

I'm already sick of these end of episode skits, though. If they're going to keep doing them, could they maybe make them less racist?

Nordicus

Zetman 3-5

Character development? What's that?

The anime version marches on with the retcons (Kouga and Jin didn't meet as kids you fucks!) and just keeps dropping every and all heavy monologues and conversations to keep this insanely fast pace where they put 10+ chapters into one episode.

The art style is still so similar to the original material, and that makes it even more annoying when they take liberties with so many things to guarantee getting a full season in only 13 episodes and having a new monster in every episode. This source material is not right for that! Not to mention that the original manga is gory as hell and even shows sex scenes on occasion. The anime has already censored many gory scenes already, like 3 shoolgirls stabbing their necks with tree branches. I can't even fathom what they'll do with Kouga's traumatizing experiences in Jirou's mansion, that entire multi-chapter event was hella nasty by comparison

Also, oh yes, absolutely, let's have one of the later villains yuck it up right in front of the protagonist every chance he gets as if he's Kai Leng's ancestor. Ya know what, while we're at it, let's re-release One Piece, but have Blackbeard call Luffy on den den mushi starting from the very beginning of the series. Have it occur every 10 chapters and say stuff like "Hey, hey, you and your brother are close, aren't ya? Zehahahahahaaa!"

This anime... I just can't...

mJuw9sj.jpg

Dresden

Ideal Gargantia sequel: (s1 ending spoiler)
salvaging Chamber from the sea, happy reproductive rights ending for Ledo, slice of life aboard the fleet

What will probably happen:
the galactic federation cometh

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Gargantia sequel confirmed!

Great news. Hopefully the UK will see BD release sometime soon. Even DVD would be fine as long as it doesn't take as long as Bakemonogatari.

What do you mean finally :l

I don't know if we'll get another one, but I'm hoping. However none of the other characters have even appeared in the slightest during these OVAs so I don't know. And yes I do like the first season.

Didn't the first one have the weird shaky cam or am I thinking of something else.

So with Gargantia getting a new season, this means anything with Urobutcher's name gets a sequel or high praise (I mean both this and Psycho-Pass getting a second season).

As to Gargantia comments
Like others have mentioned the show won't be the same without Chambro. Ledo is an interesting character and I genuinely liked the slice of life aspect before it got grim-dark so hopefully there's just as much of that. Hopefully Ledo and Amy finally hook up and get it over with, but if Urobutcher's keepsake is any indication Amy will die.

So my hopes vs my expectations

Hopes:
- More slice of life
- Ledo x Amy
- Less of that fucking squirrel thing everytime it appeared and made that noise I wanted to stomp on it
- Chambro comes back as Robot Jesus and says "Analysis: It seems that my second coming was inevitable!"

Expectations:
- Galactic army finds planet and probably start a huge conflict with space squids
- Amy and Ledo will remain in the friend zone and/or only get together before one of them dies.
- Ledo will get a new robot that is similar to Chambro and this will cause some issues at first as Ledo keeps comparing him. Or the robot somehow has the data classified by Chambro so acts the same as him.
- That fucking squirrel will have more screen time

jbug617

Banned
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy 1

I don't know if I like it. The choice situations are okay. Final thought, how did her hat stay on after falling from the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom