• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Man, a lot of QUALITY shoots in Samurai Flamenco. Production values don't seem to very... great.

On the hand looks like the most :dtl show of the season from the first few minutes

Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl 177:
It's the concluding battle for the most :SDburton Pokemon rivalry, and I guess it was okay? Hikari's battle with Nozomi really couldn't compare to Nozomi's battle with Naoshi, because Hikari just isn't on the same level as those two. Plus, to be honest, the battle in the previous episode between Nozomi and Naoshi was just incredible on every level, and is one of the better battles the show has had. I would have been pretty upset if the writers had given Hikari some sort of bullshit win with all that in mind. That said, the final moments of the battle with Kimi no soba de playing were incredible, and I was on the edge of my seat. We got to see Nozomi showing off how far ahead she can think, and there were plenty of moments with the two of them reflecting on all of their promises.

Of course, then Hikari turns down Nozomi's offer to elope with her, and chooses to cheer Satoshi on instead. I suppose Nozomi will have to live with waiting for Hikari to be ready, and maybe return to Suzuna's arms for the time being. There's plenty of yuri love to go around in Diamond and Pearl.

Naoshi also continues to show how awesome he is. I hope he's able to put as good a fight in the League as he did at the Grand Festival. Plus, he just looked so awesome walking away at the end.

Articalys

Didn't realize this before, but Dengeki Bunko started selling wall tapestries for their 20th anniversary at the festival last weekend. Among the characters featured were 11 heroines and the twelfth is, well...
tJibFCg.jpg

edit: bigger pictures of the tapestries here, at Dengeki's own product site, but be aware there's other merch on that page from series like Horizon and RKB that's a bit more risque.

cnet128

Banned
Didn't realize this before, but Dengeki Bunko started selling wall tapestries for their 20th anniversary at the festival last weekend. Among the characters featured were 11 heroines and the twelfth is, well...

Kirito is a progressive fellow. He defies traditional gender roles.

Wait what.

That's not Kirito! that's their original character, Blirito!

And I'm not Tails

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Blazblue Alter Memory 1

Man this was dry and soulless. Anime adaptations of fighting games are valuable resources because the games are impossible to play, and so it's especially disappointing to see one of the most anime-friendly franchises in the genre adapted with the least amount of effort possible. I guess I'll continue just looking at fanart and ignoring everything else.

cnet128

Banned
Blazblue Alter Memory 1

Man this was dry and soulless. Anime adaptations of fighting games are valuable resources because the games are impossible to play, and so it's especially disappointing to see one of the most anime-friendly franchises in the genre adapted with the least amount of effort possible. I guess I'll continue just looking at fanart and ignoring everything else.

If you're mainly in it for the story, the BlazBlue games are far from impossible to play. Almost all the Story Mode battles are extremely easy, so you can get by just experimenting with the characters and having fun finding out what they can do, while enjoying the lengthy and entertaining narrative for each character.

Then the Arcade Mode/multiplayer/other stuff is there if you feel like a bit of a challenge. But really, I think the games are worth it just for the Story Mode.

Hataraku Maou Sama started out strong then it turned into your everyday slice of life semi harem.

I liked it more when it was just what's her face high school girl and the warrior of light. Shame too since the first couple of episodes were hilarious when Maou was still acting like a jackass. Then they gave him... CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT *thunder*

Phi Brain 51

Season 3 starts off with a bang, the new villains are interesting and the puzzles are even more dangerous. Looking forward to more puzzle time this season the show has always been enjoyable.

Kuroko's Basketball 5:
Oh man, so hilarious. There were some really great moments, particularly with the ending and everything inside the restaurant, and there was some good character development with the Kuroko/Kise/Kagami scenes. Also some foreshadowing for things that only got revealed in recent chapters of the manga, which was interesting to see in retrospect.

The three guys taking on the thugs and owning them so easily was pretty great. Kuroko doesn't give any fucks.

OceanBlue

If you're mainly in it for the story, the BlazBlue games are far from impossible to play. Almost all the Story Mode battles are extremely easy, so you can get by just experimenting with the characters and having fun finding out what they can do, while enjoying the lengthy and entertaining narrative for each character.

Then the Arcade Mode/multiplayer/other stuff is there if you feel like a bit of a challenge. But really, I think the games are worth it just for the Story Mode.

Definitely. Blazblue Continuum Shift was the first fighting game I had ever tried, and I basically ABC special'ed my way to the end of the game. It's been a while so I might be wrong, but most of the time the CPUs just sit there and let you hit them (especially if you set the difficulty setting to its lowest). I think the only character I had trouble with was U. Hazama.

Jex

Gargantia sequel confirmed!

Bonus look at lewd new characters in the second OVA:
This is...weird news considering that the story felt pretty done, even though there felt like there was plenty of world left to explore. I'm hopeful that this will series will be more like the first half of the original show because that was basically the content that I was interested in seeing explored.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

edit: bigger pictures of the tapestries here, at Dengeki's own product site, but be aware there's other merch on that page from series like Horizon and RKB that's a bit more risque.

Tomoka and Emi! Want!

Thank you, I was looking for this to ogle at.

This doesn't seem like the most sensible choice of unit, since I can't imagine anything that isn't called Yukari even reaching a value of 1 Yukari. We'd have to start measuring things in microyukaris instead.

I wish I knew more about hair to implement volume, length, and other whatnot to completely calculate the true amount of fuwafuwa present. What a shame.

Playing as a fluffy tailed goddess does sound tempting, but I still have my Etrian Odyssey party of maidens that I have to keep up with.

cajunator

Banned
THEY DO!?

Tell me, then, Cajun: WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY!?

YOW TCHOW TCHOW TCHOW

Oh god. I found out about this song yesterday. why?????

Thank you, I was looking for this to ogle at.

I wish I knew more about hair to implement volume, length, and other whatnot to completely calculate the true amount of fuwafuwa present. What a shame.

Playing as a fluffy tailed goddess does sound tempting, but I still have my Etrian Odyssey party of maidens that I have to keep up with.

Its a really fuwafuwa gif isnt it?

I might be in the minority of anime watchers where I can't stand 90% of the jpop OP's/ED's. In fact most of the time I like an OP it's because it's not an idol-like song.

- Cowboy Bebop
- Samurai Champloo
- Kids on the Slope
- Space Dandy (assuming that's the theme song)
- Death Note (intro 2 aka the japanese System of a Down)
- Attack on Titan (both intros)
- Baccano

to name a few had intros I absolutely adored. Maybe I need to watch more moe kawaii desu stuff to eventually like these other songs.

Articalys

Samurai Flamenco ep.1

Rather simple so far but as a 2 cour show it's got plenty of time to get something good going. Nice to have Sugita in another lead role this season, at least.

Gazoinks

Samurai Flamenco 1

Eeeh. I like the concept, but this episode didn't do that much for me. I'll give it a bit to find its groove and hope it turns into something good. This was really clearly an intro episode, so I'm still curious to see where it'll actually go.

I might be in the minority of anime watchers where I can't stand 90% of the jpop OP's/ED's. In fact most of the time I like an OP it's because it's not an idol-like song.

- Cowboy Bebop
- Samurai Champloo
- Kids on the Slope
- Space Dandy (assuming that's the theme song)
- Death Note (intro 2 aka the japanese System of a Down)
- Attack on Titan (both intros)
- Baccano

to name a few had intros I absolutely adored. Maybe I need to watch more moe kawaii desu stuff to eventually like these other songs.

Nah, I'm with you on that. I don't mind more jpop intros if they're sufficiently catchy, but I like it more when they're not, really.

duckroll

Samurai Flamenco - Episode 1

~/ Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree?