• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 334 Sibling Tag Team
tumblr_muggjlhJdH1suf39no1_250.gif
tumblr_muggjlhJdH1suf39no3_250.gif

Sadly we live in a world where people hate Sasuke. Sasuke once again proves on today, naruto's bday even, that he is epic in everyway. This was handled quite better than the manga simply for the side by side comparision of the boar fight and the main fight with
dragon sage
Kabuto there with music and fairly good visuals.

Someone on staff must love lens flares though, there was one scene that is unforgettable.

Beyond the Boundary 2

Nice world building episode, not sure why the main character gets trashed so much by the two female leads for being a pervert when we haven't really seen anything that would warrant such treatment. Action was good, cat mom was ugh.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Flamenco Episode 1:

Not going to lie, this is my greatest disappointment for the Fall season as I was expecting an over the top action sentai romp or something to do with actual superheroes. What I got was the the incredibility bland adventures of Captain PSA with a quite a bit of UST thrown in the mix. This show is distinctly lacking in both armored troopers from Medieval Japan and exotic Spanish dancing. I may give this show one more chance but dear god is it on thin ice when it is making Kick-Ass look dignified.

Samurai Flamenco - Episode 1
1Qvqotw.jpg
yBrFJmw.jpg

~/ Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something /~

That smile and even upper and lower body in episode one with both of them present even. Seemed to definitely deliver that which I wanted and more. Show of the season worthy.

Samurai Flamenco 1:
Well, that was pretty bad. The first half of the episode had some mildly amusing moments and halfway decent stuff, but it just got really dumb at a pretty fast rate. Dumb characters doing moronic and cliched things, without a single interesting observation to make, and all done while feeling completely pedestrian in every part of the production. I'm honestly not sure if there's a single thing to enjoy about this show.

If you haven't watched the episode yet, just save yourself the 22 minutes and do something more interesting.

BluWacky

It's a good song but a bland OP visually.

It may not be hyperkinetic, but I think the OP does some interesting things. I like OPs which lay the credits directly into the animation - this isn't a virtuouso effort like Masashi Ishihama's OPs can be, but it's an extra bit of effort which is appreciated. The "running in cogs" thing isn't anything particularly new (I think Night Raid did it a while back?) but the repeated visual references to goldfish make a lot of sense in the context of how the show's playing out so far.

it's interesting that the show is far more focused on the youngest sister of the three than the promotional materials made out, and you can see this from the OP as well.

The Kill La Kill OP is disappointingly dull in comparison; absolutely no visual or narrative surprises to be found whatsoever. SamuMenco's is pretty good, however, so two out of three on a Thursday isn't bad going for an OP aficionado!

LordCanti

Almost KLK timeeeee.

Samurai Flamenco 01

Ehhh....

Just... Ehhhhhhhhhh. The animation wasn't great, the plot isn't really that great at the moment, etc. Not the best first episode.

Samurai Flamenco - 1

Dull color work and boring storyboarding all around. A number of the music choices felt a bit out of place and almost gaudy as well. As an introduction to Goto, Hazama, and the wannabe hero plot, it didn't really do much for me either. I do hope that their friendship is what holds the show together later on as it grows, though. I wasn't particularly impressed with this first episode.

Jarmel

Banned
It may not be hyperkinetic, but I think the OP does some interesting things. I like OPs which lay the credits directly into the animation - this isn't a virtuouso effort like Masashi Ishihama's OPs can be, but it's an extra bit of effort which is appreciated. The "running in cogs" thing isn't anything particularly new (I think Night Raid did it a while back?) but the repeated visual references to goldfish make a lot of sense in the context of how the show's playing out so far.

it's interesting that the show is far more focused on the youngest sister of the three than the promotional materials made out, and you can see this from the OP as well.

The Kill La Kill OP is disappointingly dull in comparison; absolutely no visual or narrative surprises to be found whatsoever. SamuMenco's is pretty good, however, so two out of three on a Thursday isn't bad going for an OP aficionado!

I can't even complain about the Gali OP after seeing the KLK OP.

Samurai Flamenco 1

This is so far my biggest disappointment this season. BUT plenty of shows have recovered after a lackluster episode 1. I'm willing to give the show another 2 episodes to hopefully turn into what I thought it would be.

As of right now seeing such a weakling main character is a huge turn off, especially after that intro. If this is gonna be one of those delusion stories where he never achieves the greatness he wants (aka Kick-Ass), then no thanks. Come on Durarara/Baccano guy don't fail me.

Also as much as I love Gintoki's voice actor his voice should be kept strictly for ultra comedy shows.

Naruto Shippuden 334

So nice to see those two brothers fight together against a common foe.

Kabuto looks alright in his new mode. Kinda wish he got rid of the glasses but that's just not possible considering what they mean to him.

Someone on staff must love lens flares though, there was one scene that is unforgettable.
Are you talking about the
Itachi
scene?

Because that glare was brighter than the jutsu Kabuto used.

Jex

Kyousogiga TV - Episode 1

A pretty nice start to a franchise which seems to be more about tweaking and re-iterating on a base concept rather than continuing an actual narrative. The first episode is pretty much what I expected: an expansion on the backstory which we have seen bits and pieces of in the previous entries.

I have to say, it's not really the most interesting part of the story for me, and I felt that the second series actually did a better job in terms of emotional direction by making the story a music video rather than a story with dialogue. Still, the direction here was pretty strong, and for a TV series I guess the extra exposition and detailing is necessary if they want to develop a deeper overall narrative arc this time round.

Definitely looking forward to the rest of the series though, especially to see how the other supporting characters are fleshed out and their roles and stories expanded on. :)

I suppose that, on that note, the original OVA was basically the end of the story and most of the ONA's (?) were just bits of backstory here and there. It looks like the TV series will just be expanding upon all of that in, except in chronological order. So, in a way, we've already seen the entire story in snippits.

I guess it's pretty interesting to consider that the original, extremely confusing, OVA was built ontop of what appears to be a completely fleshed out and fairly logical series.

jediyoshi

Samurai Flamenco 1

UKNCT5J.png

Wouldn't mind watchin more of these dudes bro'in out

Hoping mineral miracle muse shows up sooner rather than later

yami4ct

Coppelion - 2
I know there are like two other people who watch it here beside me, and it probably doesn't appeal to many but you might like the visuals. If it wasn't smeared somewhat by the filters I think more people would have checked it out, shame.

I'm one of the few other's here that seem to be really liking this show. It's just my type of sci-fi. Really excited to see what's next. It's probably my show of the season so far. I just really dig it.

cajunator

Banned
I might be in the minority of anime watchers where I can't stand 90% of the jpop OP's/ED's. In fact most of the time I like an OP it's because it's not an idol-like song.

- Cowboy Bebop
- Samurai Champloo
- Kids on the Slope
- Space Dandy (assuming that's the theme song)
- Death Note (intro 2 aka the japanese System of a Down)
- Attack on Titan (both intros)
- Baccano

to name a few had intros I absolutely adored. Maybe I need to watch more moe kawaii desu stuff to eventually like these other songs.

Gunsmith Cats has the best one. Youll love that one.

Hmm. Not really feeling it.

So, hey guys. Guess what?

Hnnng-ing is an actual medical condition of sorts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stendhal_syndrome

LOL. Truth really is stranger than fiction.

The main reason I'm not watching Copellion is because I don't tend to watch a show with an all-female cast, especially if it's school-looking girls.

It took a lot of convincing before I gave Madoka a try. Nichijou is another exception because it was kawaii enough. Also the principal.

Naruto Shippuden 334

So nice to see those two brothers fight together against a common foe.

Kabuto looks alright in his new mode. Kinda wish he got rid of the glasses but that's just not possible considering what they mean to him.

Are you talking about the
Itachi
scene?

Because that glare was brighter than the jutsu Kabuto used.

Yes that scene, i was even watching it in the dark hours of this morning and all of a sudden that happened.

yami4ct

The main reason I'm not watching Copellion is because I don't tend to watch a show with an all-female cast, especially if it's school-looking girls.

It took a lot of convincing before I gave Madoka a try. Nichijou is another exception because it was kawaii enough. Also the principal.

They really haven't played up the schoolgirl angle all that much. As stupid as it sounds, they're a genetically engineered elite military unit. I think it's worked out well so far. They seem like pretty interesting characters, and not generic teenage girl tropes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Galilei Donna Episode 1:

On the other end of the spectrum we have Galilei Donna hitting us with a very strong debut episode and a early contender for Show of the Season/Year. Yes, we get a lot of chasing, intriguing and action couple with some quieter moments with the Galileo Family and we learn this is a family hanging by a thread. Not to keen on the current main antagonist, but hopefully he will have time to find some not generic footing. Also, I really like the visuals of the show, so yea, this is on my watchlist.

Kill la Kill 2

More bat shit action, hilarious posing, and legit funny moments with Mako's family. Was legit laughing out loud when Mako was giving her friendship speech. Anime saved etc

Tenumi

Banned
Coppelion: 02

I kind of like it. Its a little creepy, disturbing, and depressing in some senses, but the story has me intrigued. Also, I kind of like the animation style. Unless this takes some stupid turn, I'll probably watch it through.

LordCanti

Kill la Kill 02

Loveeee ittttttt. It's like they heard all the PC bullshit about how revealing the suit was and dialed it up to eleven as a big middle finger. I liked the color scheme of the first episode, but I also like that they changed it up here to represent the difference in the time of day (I assume). I also really liked the OP/ED and the ridiculous sexy time with sensei.

The one and only thing I'd like to see change just slightly is family time with Mako; Everything else is at 11, so it's okay if just that bit is dialed back down to maybe a 9 or a 10. Just a suggestion.

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 2

Hahaha, the episode title is a reference to the homeroom teacher apparently!

Anyway, great episode. I'd call it an improvement over the pilot, and probably more representative of how the series will be paced going forwards. Legitimately cracked up at Mako "defending" Ryuuko, as well as the antics with her family. Good fight/tennis scene, and some plot development. Next episode looks like we'll learn about Satsuki, looking forward to that.

Samurai Flamenco 1

This will be very :DTL. I can feel it.

That being said, I actually like this, and right now am very willing to keep up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom