• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sain seya omega -74

An episode focused on Aries kiki ? YES.jpg

But first it need to be said :

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2074.jpg

You'd think after the xth time he would know that already ...

I'm still getting that subaru sub plot in my face when i don't care ... tsk

Well the episode overall was mostly fine , kiki was kicking ass , the old cast was kicking ass ...it was a nice change of pace...i really was worried when the original steel saint appeared but since they are "alright" character that are mature , the result was great on screen ( unlike you-know-who )

I'm actually glad that the palasite-2 aren't a match for gold saints..the anime still retain a sense of balance and this is without a doubt , very good.

Heck more episodes happens, the more i kinda like haruto.

So ...this was a "alright" episode ?

Well, after an endless string of OVAs and OADs, apparently we're finally going to get that second season of Seitokai Yakuindomo.
Well the OAD was a no brainer , since they already hinted that they were making a new one in the previous that got out ..

The anime second season is a greta surprise

Noucome 1
I found this to be hilarious especially the "documentary" at the beginning. The funniest show this season
Maken-ki OVA 2
I forgot how lewd this show was
Coppelion 2
Interesting how the girls act. They realize that they are far from perfect beings. They are still very mysterious but I can empathize with them

Kyousougiga 1

Man I really enjoyed this. Some much needed coherence has been injected and it's produced something awesome. A lovely looking show with some natural feeling character interactions and drama, cut with some more off the wall moments and base concept. Questions are raised that stand a chance of actually being answered this time. Maybe the strongest debut episode this season for me.

Jarmel

Banned
Saying its doesn't have sense of atmosphere a bit much.. Show feel a lot like 70's anime atmosphere, rough but genuine.. even the lack of animation feel like crafted into that.

For me KLK feel like mish mash of Go Nagai stuff for the bizarreness (and pervert), Bakabon and other old family show for sense of nostalgia, and stuff like Utena that introduce many familiar trope for modern title. Creating bridge between modern and older anime age.

I think they want create something that make you want check the old stuff, Dezaki stuff, Kanada stuff,Nagai stuff and those older anime again.

However with stuff like the town, characters keeping saying it's a slum or dump without really showing why. I expect one of the villain's background is going to be from the slums but the show hasn't put any effort into establishing it as an actual place. Same with the school, it doesn't feel like an actual location but rather just another backdrop. There's no sense that this is a place in which real characters live.

Same with the characters. They feel somewhat artificial in that they're used for this gag or another but not for developing/presenting themselves in the context of the narrative.

The show feels frantic in making sure that you're not bored and in doing so, ruins any sense of pace or atmosphere. The show is seemingly at its core, a comedy, and I'm not sure the dramatic elements are working as well as they should due to the comedic stuff.

Valvrave 13

The wheels of stupid take a while to get going I suppose.

So could Haruto fuel the VVVs from sexing as well? I mean... that seems like a friendlier way than sucking a bro's blood. I just hope we're not going to be forced down a dramatic route of L-Elf passing out due to bloodloss.

Episode also had too little of Akira. That one dude using his Valvrave as advertising space is pretty silly though.

Kill la Kill 2

Fanservice central. Still makes me want to rewatch Gurren Lagann.

CorvoSol

AD COP OVA 2

There really is a very unsettlingly sexist atmosphere that hangs over this show. Like seriously this episode was all about maiming women but with knives instead of bullets. The villain was still a woman, she still had that mingling of violence and sexual urges, and she still met a gruesome demise. Going beyond that, the other principle women in this episode were portrayed as weak and inept, or power hungry, or prostitutes. There's the one female cop, but before we go on saying she's the one example of an okay woman in the show, let's not forget that this is the woman who finds violence sexy to the point of wanting to bang a dude right after seeing her last dude ground into meat chunks.

What I'm having a hard time explaining though, is how this show is exploitative and horrible in its treatment of women as opposed to other things much more commonly accused of sexism. One might say that the reason I find this so rank is that even someone like me cannot deny its being sexist, but I dunno, I think its just that when I hear someone accusing something of being sexist, something along the lines of this show more readily springs to my mind than, I dunno, Zelda.

The point is the guys working on this show really, really liked the idea of fucking women and maiming them, and it is really really creepy. I assume this is what landed the show on the List.

cajunator

Banned
I am at "A" on the list, but someone filed Arjuna as "Earth Maiden: Arjuna" so it has to wait till "E".

Terrible excuse to avoid this landmark anime.

Oh boy guys another anime thread on the OT!

I'm like those dudes in the middle ages who tried to purge their sins with pain. Except instead of like, a whip or whatever, I use bad anime.

Youre a crazy raven

So, how's Gingitsune?
I love Shinto themed anime.

Really adorable and relaxed and sweet.
Makoto is precious and huggable.

jman2050

Kill la Kill 2

Still glorious. I think
the teacher explaining how the uniform works while channelling some unholy mix of Akio and Hosaka for no damn reason at all was the best part.

Just... so... fabulous.

Also Mako for Waifu of the Season

Branduil

Samurai Flamenco 1

ibgGX1gzI0KYAA.jpg

Those are NOT middle-schoolers.

If I had to choose two words to describe this show, it would be "aggressively average." Or maybe "DTL Chuunibyou."

Every aspect of the show feels rote. The generic characters designs, plain background art, nonexistent art direction, mediocre animation, unimaginative layouts, and annoyingly intrusive, plinky music all conspire to make this a drag to watch. I guess the premise could be unique enough, but it's hard to say where they're going with it at this point anyway. The speech at the end was pure cheese, which I guess was the point, but it seems like
it being uploaded on youtube
is going to serve some purpose besides everyone laughing at this naive moron.

3 mehs out of 5.

Tenumi

Banned
Samurai Flamenco: 01

I swear, that felt a little like Akibaranger, only without the constant humor, instead replaced with character and story. Fun watch.

cajunator

Banned
Postpone, not avoid.

Panty and Stocking 4

The second half of this episode is called "High School Nudical" and I'm pretty sure I'm not old enough to watch that.

Ok fair enough.

Zach tweeted pics of some girl from IS2 and she is supremely fuwafuwa and has ice blue hair. I highly approve.

yami4ct

Samurai Flamenco 01

Went in with low expectations given all the negative hype that got posted here. I was very pleasantly surprised. What a charming show. It's got a great, nostalgic reverence for old school toku, which I liked. The relationship between the two mains is really fun and believable as well. It's clearly not going to be an action series, so people looking for that will leave disappointed. As a nice little character piece about the friendship of these two characters, it could turn out really well. Will keep watching.

Taruranto

Kill la Kill 2

Eh, I don't know. I like it, but somehow the humor feels... off? Dunno how to explain. Not sure about the direction the series is taking either, I hope it doesn't pull a SD.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asu Kara 2

Manaka continues to be the most adorable girl of this season. Going and actually
trying to get herself cursed again
was pretty hilarious. Seriously though, Manaka, stop it.
It was extremely satisfying when that fish took its leave. Your beautiful legs do not need any more ugly fish heads sticking out of them, no matter how much TsumuguKihara-kun compliments you on them.

Hikaru continues to be a bit of an ass, but hey, he's a jealous and confused teenager and I think we've all been there, so I'm willing to cut him some slack. Particularly considering his friends are wasting no time calling him out on it. The lucky bastard does have two cute girls with feelings for him though. I kind of want to slap him for that.

Meanwhile the seapeople/landpeople racism also continues, though I'm glad to see that's mostly limited to the older, misguided generation of seafolk (where it's sadly rooted pretty deep). The young seafolk really don't seem to have anything against the land people at all, and are quite willing to voice that opinion. I think even Hikaru agrees with that sentiment (though he's loath to admit it thanks to his misgivings about Manaka potentially leaving him for the dry-land life).

Oh and I guess those two little land girls were maybe kind of racist, but I think that was more just being general brats than anything specifically race-oriented. They were cute anyway, so I forgive them their brattiness.

duckroll

Regarding Samumenco:

So which one of the Mineral Miracle Muse girls is Goto dating? It has to be one of them right? She seems to be traveling at the moment, so maybe they're on tour?

Syrinx

Samurai Flamenco 1

I'm not sure what to make of this first episode. I like the dynamic going on between the main two characters. But watching this guy trying to be a superhero is pretty pathetic. I seriously kinda feel bad for him when watching this. Hopefully the cop dude can bring him back to reality a bit, even though him being Samurai Flamenco is kinda the core of the show, or at least I think.

Kaiji S1 - Episode 24

I'd hate to say this, but the old man's right. Kaiji should just
run and take the money
. The old man deserves to be beaten because he
killed his competitors, fried up the leader of the competitions, and was going to kill Kaiji
. Still, he has
the money to pay his debts and that other guys debts, along with a little to pocket
. Ultimately Kaiji's
getting ahead of himself, and is going to lose

Prediction:
The black suits are going to bring in the tissue box that doesn't have the winning circle in it, or they're going to play a different game.

wsippel

Banned
AD COP OVA 2

There really is a very unsettlingly sexist atmosphere that hangs over this show. Like seriously this episode was all about maiming women but with knives instead of bullets. The villain was still a woman, she still had that mingling of violence and sexual urges, and she still met a gruesome demise. Going beyond that, the other principle women in this episode were portrayed as weak and inept, or power hungry, or prostitutes. There's the one female cop, but before we go on saying she's the one example of an okay woman in the show, let's not forget that this is the woman who finds violence sexy to the point of wanting to bang a dude right after seeing her last dude ground into meat chunks.

What I'm having a hard time explaining though, is how this show is exploitative and horrible in its treatment of women as opposed to other things much more commonly accused of sexism. One might say that the reason I find this so rank is that even someone like me cannot deny its being sexist, but I dunno, I think its just that when I hear someone accusing something of being sexist, something along the lines of this show more readily springs to my mind than, I dunno, Zelda.

The point is the guys working on this show really, really liked the idea of fucking women and maiming them, and it is really really creepy. I assume this is what landed the show on the List.
Assuming you mean AD Police Files, it's probably important to know that it's a spinoff of Bubblegum Crisis - a show in which Leon is pretty much useless (not that he's all that useful in AD Police, but at least he's the protagonist) and all main characters are female, while almost all antagonists are male. Basically, in the BGC universe, a Y chromosome is a curse. Anybody who has one is either useless, evil, or both. Usually both.

CorvoSol

Kill la Kill 2

So before I even get to the fact that today we met Akio, I'd like to point out: "Setsuki Kiryuin" and "Touga Kiryuu." That said, FUCKING AKIO IS BACK AND HE IS SO GODDAMN SEXY PLEASE TRIGGER I BEG YOU TO PUT THE MAN IN A CAR OH PLEAAAAAAASE.

I haven't seen a tennis episode like this since Martina and Lina Inverse went toe to toe in Slayers Next. Or was that Try? No, had to be Next. Anyway, DAMN TENNIS. Show has me so pumped. Freaking loving this show, man.

Ace of the Diamond 1:
Enjoyable first episode. I've been getting into the manga, and what I've read has been solid. The anime version isn't exactly the best looking show ever, but the first episode is at least well paced, and there were some good moments. The soundtrack seems solid so far as well. Definitely worth watching for fans of sports anime.

Taruranto

Regarding Samumenco:

So which one of the Mineral Miracle Muse girls is Goto dating? It has to be one of them right? She seems to be traveling at the moment, so maybe they're on tour?

I'm going to guess her, the blue one looks NO-FUN and the other is underage. Plus the email was all genki and shit and she looks super sugoi.

That assuming the girlfriend will be an important character and not someone who gets offed or something for the sake of the drama. (Sugita looks all sad in the OP + petals and black suit)
Either way,
we should find out next episode since it's about umbrellas.

Soma

Samurai Flamenco Episode 01

Went in not really sure what to expect, came out... pretty underwhelmed. Nothing about this really spoke to me on a thematic or personal level. Neither main character left me with a memorable impression and overall just kinda left me without much desire to continue on with this.

Galilei Donna Episode 01

I really like the OP song. Some nice visuals too.

Wasn't really sure what to expect from this either but this got off to a pretty exciting start. The dynamic between the sisters is pretty entertaining and I find it funny how each member of the family (parents included) seems like they're constantly at each others throats. I really dig the futuristic European setting as well. Could be a fun ride!

Valvrave S2 Episode 01

Picks up at pretty much where the previous season left off.

Before I thought that there would be a rather big shift in tone judging by the S2 previews but this episode and the preview for the next one thankfully laid my fears to rest. This feels like the Valvrave we all know and love and the action sequence at the beginning was actually pretty damn cool. Welcome back, Valvrave. We missed you.

Kill La Kill Episode 02

The complete disregard for pacing and restraint makes this one of the most enjoyable (and exhausting) things I've watched in a long time. The fight scene was pretty much what I expected and more in terms of ridiculousness and lewdness. Mako is a hilarious character and definitely one of the stars of the show.

I'm really excited to see more Satsuki in the next episode.

CorvoSol

Assuming you mean AD Police Files, it's probably important to know that it's a spinoff of Bubblegum Crisis - a show in which Leon is pretty much useless (not that he's all that useful in AD Police, but at least he's the protagonist) and all main characters are female, while almost all antagonists are male. Basically, in the BGC universe, a Y chromosome is a curse. Anybody who has one is either useless, evil, or both. Usually both.

Well that's odd, cuz this show is the complete opposite.

Golden Time - 02:
ck28.png

Yes you can. After something like four days (partying) you can keep a break!

Great improvement compared to first episode. Had really good time with this ep. Will definitely continue watching.

Metrotab

Banned
Kill la Kill - 2

Something about the pacing really bothers me. The show feels like it's rushing everything. The dialogue, the fights, the developments, the exposition, everything is done lightning fast.

I don't like it.

Kill la Kill 2

So before I even get to the fact that today we met Akio, I'd like to point out: "Setsuki Kiryuin" and "Touga Kiryuu." That said, FUCKING AKIO IS BACK AND HE IS SO GODDAMN SEXY PLEASE TRIGGER I BEG YOU TO PUT THE MAN IN A CAR OH PLEAAAAAAASE.

I haven't seen a tennis episode like this since Martina and Lina Inverse went toe to toe in Slayers Next. Or was that Try? No, had to be Next. Anyway, DAMN TENNIS. Show has me so pumped. Freaking loving this show, man.

Damn you.

Damn you.

Now I sit at work for the next 8 hours, hating you and everybody else.

Galilel Donna 1

Clearly another show I had interest in but apparently did not pay attention to what details were gonna be in before watching, because Goldfish Mechs. Because Hozuki has a goldfish fetish. Loving these fetish lines in recent animes (the more exotic ones at least).

Anyway, I tried watching this after Kill la Kill, but I was drained. So I waited a bit

Can't really complain about the score right now, although I think this sort of made me feel like that I don't like having OPs where it's in past the 2 minute marker.... either that or the OP kinda gave me a slow paced feeling that made it feel like it's longer than the typical OP length.

I'm interested in the overall family dynamics, especially how they might react to Hozuki basically destroying their house. Guess the Thursday 3 for me did pretty well.

fertygo

VVV S2 - 01

Fuck you Haruto ditching best girl.. Yeah this still fun as ever, mech, cleavage, tweeeeest.. and I'm impressed how the plot still make good sense.. nice stuff.

And DTL not gonna survive from this, amirite?

Can't really complain about the score right now, although I think this sort of made me feel like that I don't like having OPs where it's in past the 2 minute marker.... either that or the OP kinda gave me a slow paced feeling that made it feel like it's longer than the typical OP length.

If you think that's bad, Digimon Savers and Digimon Xros Wars had some episodes where the opening came 8-10 minutes into the episode.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Kill la Kill 2-

Duckroll described this as a stupid show and he's absolutely correct. This feels much more like a successor to PS&G than anything TTGL related. There is no sense of atmosphere and mostly just shit happening.

There was a lot of Inferno Cop level animation and Sawano is proving to be just as bad a fit as I thought. There were a couple of songs that really stuck out in a bad way this episode.

It doesn't feel like either of those things and that's a good thing imo. Maybe I can enjoy this one

There's an overarching plot and a sense of direction that was missing from Panty and Stocking, all while moving fast and staying interesting, which was my main problem with TTGL. It dwelled too long on its uninteresting politics, character development and redundant themes.

So far I like it but I mean I liked TTGL early on as well. Personally though it reminds me more of Dead Leaves than anything else the people associated with it have done.

cnet128

Banned
Kill la Kill 2

Oh. My God. Tamako. And Nia. In the same family. I...I can't. I can't even. THIS IS WONDERFUL. (lol at the food
containing "theoretically only things that aren't poison"
XD)

I'd say this show has really found its groove this episode, but that would be a lie because this show didn't need to find its groove. It has had its groove since the first second of the first episode and its groove is glorious. Restraint is not a word that is in Kill la Kill's vocabulary. Words that are in Kill la Kill's vocabulary include "fabulous", "lewd", "awesome" and "hot DAMN".

This blend of humour and over-the-top melodramatic hot-blooded action is pretty much exactly what I was expecting from the show since before it aired. Well, perhaps I wasn't expecting quite so much of the humour, so that's a pleasant surprise, because it's really good at playing everything for laughs in a way that just heightens the general sense of over-the-top-ness, and the awesome, and the lewdness. It's just a non-stop rush of win. I know there is just praise flooding out of my mouth every time I talk about this show and I must sound like the worst kind of fanboy but I CAN'T HELP IT OKAY, THE SHOW IS THAT GOOD.

Okay, just to prove I am capable of saying things about this show that aren't pure exaltation and worship, I'll mention that the OP is a little underwhelming. I don't think it's bad, in fact it's probably one of the best OPs of this season since the competition is so weak (disclaimer: I haven't seen the Kyousougiga OP yet), but it doesn't feel like it measures up to and perfectly fits the show in the same way as, say, the Gurren Lagann OP did. I kind of hope the show's creators appreciate this, and don't see fit to stick with the same OP for both cours.

The ED is better. Again, it's not totally rocking my world, but it's a fun, distinctive theme paired with some nice visuals that contrast with and complement the series nicely. It does feel a little odd that such a dynamic and expressive show has an ED almost entirely devoid of actual animation, though.

Oh, and as for the things that actually happened in this episode: NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL TENNIS. YEAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom